Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski mojo

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone tried to attach a ski mojo to a pair of shorts, if so any tips observations etc.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@enigma, no...but i am interested in why you want to
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ease and speed of putting on,save on the annoying threading in the morning, also I find the upper link rubs against my thigh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@enigma, ah...i just leave mine all attached when i take it off. I put it on over my long johns so it doesn't touch the skin.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@enigma, What @holidayloverxx, just said. Hang them on a hook at night and wear over long johns.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin's been working on a version with the "harness" attached to some impact shorts. Pretty much like cycle liners. Give him a call and ask him how to do it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am really grateful that mojo was invented, it kept my wife skiing despite her damaged acls
Courtesy of an out of control 13 year old showing off to daddy!
Now all she needs is a new knee joint
😳
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for replies, think I,ll ring Martin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am just hoping mine last a full week this year with out a break each time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@enigma, I'd be interested to know how you get on, it's something I've considered myself.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, although I haven't tried this idea in anger it is working well atm,
Old pair of loose fitting board shorts,
Strips of hook only velcro sewn onto shorts in approx posn of mojo,
Velcro on shorts catches velcro on mojo bum sling , this enables mojo to be positioned until it is in place and also allows it to break away should it need to.
Cheap,quick and its not irreversible if I've screwed up.
BOL
Keith
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thinking of getting the mojo for this season. My knees are shot, they just held up last season strapped up and pain killered up, don't know if they'll cope with another season. How much faffing about is putting this kit on?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First time takes a while, mainly while you adjust it properly. After you get it dialed in it's pretty easy to step into and no more complex than strapping neoprene knee supports on IMV. Once you work out the right position get the studs mounted on your boots. I need to write up a more detailed review having borrowed one for my comeback from a broken leg in April. It's a good piece of kit and definitely feels like a turbo boost to your legs without feeling constrictive - hard to describe the feeling exactly but definitely works.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scotspikey, please dont read too much into this post. SM is an astonishing bit of kit and once youve worked out how to use it (very easy) then you’ll think its the best bit of kit youve got, all I’m trying to do is make the early morning easier. My joints are buggered with arthritus and do 10 weeks in 3v and SM is what makes it possible.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Enigma, that certainly sounds worth a try. Anything to make the process slicker until I get more used to wearing them.
ski holidays
Love my Mojo. Yes it was a faff the first couple of times but once set up and on removal hung up on a hook carefully it is easy enough to put on the next time. Probably will be a faff first time this coming season but wouldnt be without it!
ski holidays
@FFIRMIN, nor would I.
snow report
Or me
snow report
Love mine too! Another "take 'em off & hang 'em on a hook"er. Long Johns are an essential. 2 sets of gold mojos available on ebay this week!
ski holidays
Right, I'm getting it for this season. You've convinced me.
ski holidays
Scotspikey, there are some very good how to vids on youtube,
BOL
K
snow report
Like mine too, just hoping it will work for a full week this season as had a couple of failures out on the slopes last year which was a pain. No real hassle putting it on once you have done it a couple of times.
ski holidays
I have a Mojo - used to belong to my OH - it was fitted to me, but I've never used it and need to get new thingummies attached to my ski boots. Where's the easiest place for that (I live near Chichester)?
ski holidays
Pam, mojo head office is Horsham which I think is in your part of the world, google all the info. They sell spares. Fitting to your boots is easy, if youve lost your temporary positioning pins pm me with your address and I’ll send mine.
K
ski holidays
Hi Pam your best bet is to see if Martin the Mojo man can sort it for you.
He lives in Horsham, so not far away from you.
He is a member of snowheads so someone must know to conact him.
latest report
He's in the middle of building up new season stock for dispatch but ping him an email. Address and phone on website. Just a small drill through the rear spoiler of the boot to fit the permanent stud once you've worked out the position.
snow report
Thanks all. snowHead I've got to get to grips with this.
snow conditions
They do have clips that can be fastened to the boots just using an allen key to tighten bolts, so easily done.

But the better option is to use the proper "drill through the boot" peg option. Mine are fitted through a ex rivet that I drilled out. I would recommend putting some Loctite or similar on the treads though as they always seemed to come loose during the day.

You can move them from one boot to another if you have the original boots.

Martin is very helpful and will answer your email very quickly. Service from him has been brilliant.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So how many of you are using or own these things?. Got my first sighting of one on BB last year.
snow report
I was skiing last year with Swiss Tim & Martin the Mojo man,
we stopped for a coffee in that bar/cafe down in Orelle.

We were joined at the table by a couple of French Guys one a skier the other a boarder.

All 5 of us were wearing the MoJos ... is that serendipity or what?
latest report
That's quite something, @DrLawn. Shocked
latest report
It twas wasnt it?
I must admit I don't always wear mine, I haven't yet mastered the knack of getting them on quickly, it takes me about an extra 10 minutes of phaaf time getting them on.

I remember years ago you could get ski pants that had zips all the way up the legs they would be handy.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy