Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Weekend end of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I appreciate there is lots of information on here regarding ski weekends but though i'd face the wrath and ask again!
I am looking to try and look at suitable resorts to cater for 2 teenagers who are novices and 2 x dads who have done a bit.
We'd like to go from London (Gatwick or Heathrow is better therefore Geneva / Innsbruck / Salzburg keep coming up!) on a thursday to a sunday and get as much time on the snow as possible, therefore; Easy Transfers, Good Flights, Maybe a resort that nursery slopes a pass is not required (brings costs down), and a good bit of Apres Ski!? Any assistance gratefully received. PS I've never been to Austria and fancy that but am happy to take the easier route if that is somewhere in France

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JasonB, You need to be high at the end of March. Can you fly to ZCH?

If so get the train to Arosa, St Anton or maybe Davos
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done several weekend trips flying Swiss Heathrow to Zurich. Davos was nice at end of March a couple of years ago, as was Laax the year before.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are Innsbruck or Salzburg reasonably timed flights to travel evenings of Thursday and Sunday? Otherwise it’s Geneva or arguably Zurich.

Easy transfer from Geneva mean it’s likely to come down to Avoriaz, Flaine or Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't rule out Munich - loads of Austrian areas in fairly easy striking distance from there, especially if you are prepared to hire a car.

For a first trip to Austria, Mayrhofen would fit the bill - high, snow-sure slopes up and down the valley (with a glacier as back up and a number of other ski areas on the lift pass) and a pleasant, lively town with a great choice of accommodation at all price ranges. Good choice of food & drink too - & all at great prices vs France or Switzerland. Nice beginner slopes too - but not sure about the free beginner lifts aspect...It's easily reached by train from Munich airport if you don't have a hire car.

I'd forget about Switzerland on exorbitant price grounds alone...wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers guys, i will check out these options, liking sound of Avoriaz and possibly Mayrhoren. Just need to review accommodation options as both resorts do exactly what we need
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As other posters on other threads have suggested, the tourist office in Austrian resorts can be really helpful with accommodation, especially for short breaks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy