Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Courchevel snow report. Its been snowing all day Very Happy https://www.seecourchevel.com/snow/fresh-snow-in-courchevel-courchevel-valley-714392
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have drven in every condition. Even on peak days is only vexing if is heavy snow or unusual event -e.g. A massive boulder blocking Road up to VT (happened a couple years ago -chaos back to Albertville) Mostly just a case of slow traffic. Sometimes they hold the traffic at the barrier before Moutiers or at the St Helene peage to avoid grid lock in Moutiers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they are holding traffic at Chambery that is a bad sign..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow down to 600m today.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
steph wrote:
Snow down to 600m today.

Did much fall! Hard to tell from webcams!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
About 10cms down low, 20-ish up high in places, but it was quite windy in the afternoon up top so will have been moved about a bit...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the risk of boring you, a video of the SCGB/Courcheval Guides' off-piste outing on Wednesday
http://youtube.com/v/7bpVVedph9I snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some rather fine conditions in Courchevel today... not sure where evryone was but they certainly weren't in the Saulire couloirs!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked to La Tania in March Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No one around today. It was so quiet in Courch and Méribel. And very very cold. Light snow falling this morning bit brighter this afternoon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Enjoy the silence...
This time next week I, and all the other Brit half-termers, arrive in town!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh yes! 😀
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dan100 wrote:
Just booked to La Tania in March Very Happy

Enjoy!

Returned from there yesterday, had a truly fantastic week.

Great conditions with the exception of Thursday where visibility certainly wasn't the greatest earlier in the day whilst it was snowing, which must have started early that morning. Having said that, it was made up for on Friday! Very Happy

First time in the 3 Valleys for me and every time sat on a lift I was in awe at how vast the area is.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not too challenging today but very little sun, 90% of day had light high cloud cover.
The type of day that makes it important to concentrate and should improve technique, which can be very noticeable and pleasing, when Mr Blue Sky next comes out. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lots of snow in France -TV news for last coupla days been dominated by the travails of Paris and unseasonable (!) snowy weather. So not looking forward to the drive down but hoping will be good when I get there...
snow conditions
Good luck to all those traveling. One more week of waiting for me.

Any snow in the forecast? Seems like it's been a lull on storms. Conditions holding up ok?
snow report
On Bergfex looks like it will be ❄️ every day next week wonderingly whether to postpone if there s zero sun
ski holidays
9 days and counting - I really need this break, it's been 12 months too long.

Looks like some snow is heading your way next week. Which should hopefully mean good conditions for us arriving over the 2nd week of HT.
latest report
Sunny from 10am today. Quite cold though and snow conditions staying excellent.
Plenty depth of snow to last the season. Most snowfall at this stage of season since 1980 apparently.
ski holidays
I’m my...Smile

https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Meribel_snow.html

Bergfex also has started to show more snow next week. Other than my fears about getting to the meribel..let it snow let it snow let it snow.
snow report
Great conditions in Courch today with a gentle 1 or 2 cm dusting going on up to about 2300m then blue skies above. Pistes in great shape (pre-hordes).
Saulire couloirs very well filled, Grand Couloir not too bumpy for offpisteskiing jr's frist trip down.

Piste down to St Bon was in mint condition at 2pm, and good snow all the way down to Bozel.
ski holidays
Best snow of today for us was the top of La Masse, where the flocons had accumulated to a very pleasant 4-5 inches and meant we made an unexpected couple of laps in light fluffy stuff under the Masse 2 bubble before 11,
We headed up to VT where the sun shone and which was above the cloud. Lovely pistes but no fresh snow at all. Back down the Belleville valley, after lunch, the low cloud had released another 2-3 of inches and so the home run was even more fun!
ski holidays
Back home now, watching today's webcams and the extra snowfall since yesterday, and feeling tad frustrated, though really I shouldn't be!
Yesterday we headed out early given it was day one of the half term hols and we had to leave for an early evening flight. On the lift at 9am, cloudy with poor viz. More snow falling however and another trip up La Masse beckoned. I had expected huge queues for Masse 1 and 2, but we pretty much sauntered on within a few seconds. There was definitely more depth to the off piste between the red and black runs up at the top. After a couple of laps we headed back into Menuires for a coffee stop. The area above and around the Croisette was a heaving mass of humanity. Yikes! Shocked
However, once again, lift queues were miraculously minimal and we set off to the Meribel side of things. Grand Lac was heaving, but once we got to the top of the Teppes drag and the red right down to Mottaret things were much quieter. I think families just don't get as far afield. The run down to Le Raffort in the snow was a highlight, as was all of the skiing down that end of the valley.
We finished with a blast down Jerusalem where there was enough powder down the sides to make that a great finish to our long weekend.
snow report
We are in Les menuires, never been here before so yesterday was a bit of a route finder, covered most the Les men valley, today was supposed to be up to the VT area but the weather was against us, driving icy snow and low visibility. Hoping for sun..
snow conditions
Arriving in La Tania on Sunday for 1 week ... can't wait.

Just a quick Q - our 10Y old is boarding for the first time this season (he'll ski and board all week), he's nervous about drags.

I thought I knew the 3VS inside out but I can't fathom (if we venture out to 1650 with him) whether we could get to the bottom of the Aiguille du Fruit chair by dropping into the Pte Bosse green from the top of the Ariondaz bubble (without the need to do the short Pte Boisse drag)?

Ta
snow report
@franga, yes you can but on a board some of it will be walking. For a 10 Yr old, around 100m.
latest report
@franga, yes you can get to the lift that way...but Petit Bosses is a pretty flat traverse around the hill so not ideal for a boarder. If he’s reasonably confident, after the gondola take the Signal chair up,and then head towards the Roc Mugnier red run. You could also cut out some of the flatter bits Petit bosses run by taking that same chair and heading down and across to the Gentianes blue...would give a bit more momentum for the final flat section of Petit bosses before it finally turns left and heads downhill.
snow report
@Raceplate, thank you.

I have been pulling him on flats with his poles for the last 6 years, I now fully expect to be pushing him for a couple of years until he learns to anticipate flat sections by managing his momentum accordingly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@franga, as I expect you're aware, free buses from 1850 to 1650 are frequent and avoid any flat bits ! snowHead
latest report
Perty wrote:
@franga, yes you can get to the lift that way...but Petit Bosses is a pretty flat traverse around the hill so not ideal for a boarder. If he’s reasonably confident, after the gondola take the Signal chair up,and then head towards the Roc Mugnier red run. You could also cut out some of the flatter bits Petit bosses run by taking that same chair and heading down and across to the Gentianes blue...would give a bit more momentum for the final flat section of Petit bosses before it finally turns left and heads downhill.

Great, thanks very much, very useful. He'll be fine on the Roc Mugnier, he's a very confident skier (he has been in the freeriders group with New Gen for the last couple of years) but this will be his first time on a board.

There's always the bus as you say ...
ski holidays
How’s it looking out there y’all? Arriving this weekend. !!!
snow report
@Redwine, its OK:

Though rain/snow limit up to 2200m forecast for tomorrow Sad
ski holidays
Pistes in amazing condition, Courchevel really quite quiet last 2 days, Meribel big queues at Chaudanne in morning (and I assume in afternoon too).

M this morning was absolutely mint condition!

And I finally (after 19 years of trying to get the right slot when I am not working) managed to put down turns right from the cross on Croix de Verdons. Slightly funky snow, but turns all the way nonetheless!
Tracks faintly visible here:

Otherwise the snow was pretty good in the shade off piste, starting to get a microcrust where it had the sun yesterday:

snow report
Nice
snow report
Quote:

Though rain/snow limit up to 2200m forecast for tomorrow

I bloody hope not ... even though precipitation levels look relatively low on Bergfex.
ski holidays
franga wrote:
Quote:

Though rain/snow limit up to 2200m forecast for tomorrow

I bloody hope not ... even though precipitation levels look relatively low on Bergfex.

Quite! meteofrance pro forecast is saying rain snow limit about 1500 in the morning rising to 2000/2200 in the afternoon... Hopefully the precip will be light but it will still screw up all the fluffiness low down...
latest report
I’ve found all the lift queues quiet (compared to other half-term resorts like PdS and LaPlagne).
Méribel centre is busy at the ski-school changeovers (9:30,11:30,1:30), and the St Martin Express lift too.
The past two days have been glorious clearblue skies, making good use of the snow that fell on Sunday and Monday.
latest report
Raining at the mo in Les Men freezing level I reckon around 2500m.
ski holidays
jonathancarty wrote:
Raining at the mo in Les Men freezing level I reckon around 2500m.

Raining as in Manchester rain or a bit of drizzle? Hopefully not too much damage to the top snow layer, it needs to be pristine for our arrival On Sunday.
latest report
As @jonathancarty says, rain to quite high, not heavy, but heavy enough... Courchevel side it was snowing from approx 1/3 way up Suisses. Quite heavy damp powder in the couloirs, very sticky lower down. Due to ease up overnight.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy