Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
@mk28, the Aquamotion (on the free bus route from 1850 is good.

https://www.aquamotion-courchevel.com/en/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After unwarranted pessimism what a brillint bluebird day. everything opened and great snow on piste on the morning and off piste ( if a little crusty) with Snoworks in tbe afternoon
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jodiug wrote:
Can anyone make a new picture of the playground in Val Thorens after yesterday's snowfall frenzy? snowHead

Can't take credit, but these have been posted on the Val Thorens Facebook Page...

https://imgur.com/a/feB1U

https://www.facebook.com/valthorens.resort/posts/10156199311987764
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived in St Martin this afternoon after a 45 min wait part way up the hill from Moutiers as an avalanche was cleared off the road. Am a Billy No Mates till Mr P arrives on Friday, so if there is anyone out there who fancies a meet up, a ski or just a mid morning piste side coffee, let me know. Good reasonably fast female skier, level 8-9 on the Inside-out scale I think, and I suppose I am officially middle aged, am into a bit of off piste as long as the snow is decent and the thighs are willing, but can't stray far while I'm on my own. Am thinking of heading up to VT tomorrow, after investigating the soft/crusty snowline up above St M.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice recently opened aqua-centre on the road between 1650 and 1850.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Izzop,

Awesome!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Could anyone tell me if it's possible to go down on the Foret lift to Le Praz?

Going with my dad in Feb and he panics if there's no easy way off the mountain Very Happy

Thanks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure I saw some walkers on the lift on the way down at christmas, if that fails, bubble down to la tania and bus via the ski lodge to calm nerves Wink

There's a pedestrian piste map that shows what lifts they can go on would be a good indication if they can be used for down the mountain.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Little Martin, I'd forgotten about the bus, I'll let dad (Old Martin!) know he'll be OK Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SkiTsar, Foret is on the pedestrian map, so it should be available. Or go via 1850 and take the Praz bubble down.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perty,

Mrs B & I will be in the Belleville Valley today so would be happy to meet up, if you like.

We need to sort out a few things this morning but should be in Val Thorens from about 12.30, so could meet you there.

If you PM me we can liaise by phone/text. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how is the off piste looking at the moment? i fly out Saturday to do a weeks off piste course. i notice its going to be quite warm over the next few days and then goes cold again in. hoping it stays in good condition.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mk28,
the recent rising temps have blitzed the off piste unfortunately. However, I imagine your guide will find you some decent, high north facing stuff.

We've also seen a lot of big avalanche activity in the past few days.

I hope you have a great time. let us know how you get on.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mk28,
the recent rising temps have blitzed the off piste unfortunately. However, I imagine your guide will find you some decent, high north facing stuff.

We've also seen a lot of big avalanche activity in the past few days.

I hope you have a great time. let us know how you get on.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ok thanks @bergmeister hopefully temps will drop and get a little freshen up.
snow conditions
@mk28 Did a couple of circuits of the Vallees des Loups today. The snow conditions were very variable with much of the area being pretty windswept and crusty. However, this afternoon we headed down towards St Martin and found the surface had softened giving what could be best described as spring snow, which made the skiing far easier.
latest report
And the Piste conditions, how are they please?
snow conditions
Excellent@Minion1980, . Yesterday in VT...lovely snow nearly everywhere. Orelle was very windscoured so offpiste was pretty limited. Back on VT side, more soft snow, and some soft moguls as the day wore on. Bottom of Boismint was pretty boiler plate, the only unpleasant run of the day.
Back down the valley conditions on piste were excellent..I think a lot of people had headed to VT so pistes much quieter elsewhere
Today I stayed away from VT. Was skiing alone and clocked up the miles. I could bore you with details. Highlights- Jerusalem ( my start and end piste of the day); Creux, Combe de Saulire. Runs down to Le Praz good where they’d been groomed. Folyeres a joy at 11am...I think I passed about 6 people in total heading down there. Best snow of the day was probably over in 1650 (North facing slopes help). Not many people about.
Shame the snow forecast has fizzled out...Skiing in freshly falling snow, reasonably cold temps AND without high winds, with open lifts up high has been a rare event this January!
snow report
@Perty, thanks for the information Perty, I am arriving on Saturday, it's my first time in the 3 Valleys so not really aware of all the runs you mentioned (but I am now checking them out) but it sounds great, looks like almost Spring conditions till mid-week then a possibility of snow, I can't wait! Tips about 1650 definitely taken on board snowHead
snow conditions
@Minion1980, where are you staying?
ski holidays
@Perty, Mottaret in a self catering apartment with a friend, it seemed like the best option for easy access to the entire ski area.
snow report
@Minion1980, very convenient location (if a bit soulless - just my opinion!). I posted some other recommendations of my own back on this thread on 18th Jan re runs and lunch spots - also for a SH who was going to be based in Mottaret.
latest report
@Perty, thanks, that's a great post with lots of good information and recommendations Smile
snow report
Surprisingly great (so far) last day of our trip! the snow forecast hasn't materialised and we are skiing empty runs above Les Menuires. hardpacked, lovely grippy snow with the added bonus of sun!

the only downside is that the wind has picked up again and some of the upper lifts are off. I reckon that's 9 days of wind disrupting the upper lifts on our trip...

Nevertheless - a great final day (of 21) is in prospect!

Then again, our airport transfer isn't until 10.10am tomorrow and we are ski in/out at La Croisette in Les Menuires. So we are planning to ski for half an hour in the morning. Have season pass, will
travel! Very Happy
ski holidays
Interesting weather on the webcams. Looks like a lovely day in Les Menuires, blue sky and some fluffy clouds whereas it has looks like it has been snowing solidly since 11:00am just up the valley in VT Smile
latest report
French TV news today was saying optimal ski conditions this afternoon-enjoy!!
ski holidays
more snow coming?

https://www.bergfex.com/meribel/wetter/berg/

3 weeks and counting for me.....cant wait..
ski holidays
Does anyone know if there buses from Moutiers to Les Menuires? First week of April?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.altibus.com/reservation/horaires.aspx?cp=fr&rt=MOU46&dA=31/03/2018&dR=07/04/2018
ski holidays
@blahblahblah,

http://itineraire.mobisavoie.fr/fr/horaires-de-ligne/6/LineTimeTable/les-menuires-valthorens-moutiers/408/gareroutieredesmenuires-saintmartindebel/1

you can put your exact dates in and you should get times.......
ski holidays
Another glorious day in Les 3Vs. Starting to get a bit busier on piste. However, there were only two of us today on the SCGB/Mountain Guides off piste outing. Pretty crusty in most places this morning but still very enjoyable. More snow forecast for tomorrow night, although less than anticipated earlier in the week.
snow conditions

latest report
10 days to go for me now....
latest report
craigjbarker wrote:
https://www.altibus.com/reservation/horaires.aspx?cp=fr&rt=MOU46&dA=31/03/2018&dR=07/04/2018

Thank you.
latest report
jonathancarty wrote:
@blahblahblah,

http://itineraire.mobisavoie.fr/fr/horaires-de-ligne/6/LineTimeTable/les-menuires-valthorens-moutiers/408/gareroutieredesmenuires-saintmartindebel/1

you can put your exact dates in and you should get times.......

Thank you.
latest report
There was still some great off piste skiing to be had in the 3Vs, yesterday - but you had to climb to get to it! rolling eyes

...and a quick video! https://photos.app.goo.gl/hrKublZ53qGDBNjb2 Snowing steadily in Meribel this morning.
ski holidays
that video looks pretty tasty Mike!
latest report
Any driving strategies to get to meribel from lyon during 1/2 term? I think I could not have planned flights worse (from a driving schedule). Will be on the road from Lyon by 5 PM on sat Feb 17th. Thats pretty much the belly of the beast I suspect. Should I get into a certain town, pull over, have a long dinner and then make my way up? Gotta do some supermarket runs also, so I think I can easily wait till 9PM before starting to ascent into the valley. Or is it a grin and bear it all day given that it is the busiest week in the alps.

Thanks. 16 days and counting.
ski holidays
@Redwine, nothing wrong with driving up later as long as you have access to the accommodation at that time. Parking may be an issue unless you have a reserved spot. You may have to do a luggage drop at the accommodation and park some distance away.
latest report
@Redwine,

It may not be as bad as you think, you'll miss UK half term, some parts of France and Europe are on half term but I think the busiest week is probably the week before,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=128363

I suspect leaving Lyon at the time you say by the time you hit Albertville and Moutiers most of the traffic will be up the hill, obviously if the weather is bad all bets are off but I'd chill and just go with the flow.

Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 1-02-18 20:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy