Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Last few days has heen superb here in VT. snow is the best i can remember it for many a year.

People may be having trouble driving up the mountain as we’re missing the constant dtream of traffic coming up that’s normal for a saturday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Chambery and heading up tomorrow what time do lifts open?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
usually around 9:15
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks!!!! Have been finding it difficult to navigating thru websites on the phone so very kelpful -thx! Yes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cold fluffy grippy snow and lots of soft off the sides in Courchevel today.

Good skiing all the way down to Bozel:
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks great!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fab day in the Courchevels -lovely snow no crowds. Got in as much as I could as tomorrow forecast whiteout all day 😕
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing now - conditions for Xmas are going to be historic!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pretty good conditions today if you stayed amongst the trees:

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there really only n 80kms of runs open in the three valleys ?

http://www.skiresort.info/ski-resort/les-3-vallees-val-thorensles-menuiresmeribelcourchevel/snow-report/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
looking at that it's from the week before last weekend where more of the area opened

This shows the live opening, pretty much everything will be open this weekend

http://live.skiplan.com/moduleweb/courchevel.php?module=ouvertures&lang=en
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
1 sleep to go, and that's half a sleep as we'll be up at 3am to get to gatwick... special thanks to the airline for changing our flight times from a sensible late morning to an early morning flight Confused Shocked Evil or Very Mad

That's the last time we use a tour operator Wink

On the plus side, looks like we should get plenty of sun over the next week
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After a day of powder (in thick cloud) yesterday, blue skis, warmer temperatures and chalky pistes-perfect! Very quiet in Les Menuires but we skied through VT today and it was much busier-they even had lift queues. Uni week? People booking high earlier in the year for guaranteed snow perhaps? Oh and pretty much everything open.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CourchGal wrote:
Thanks!!!! Have been finding it difficult to navigating thru websites on the phone so very kelpful -thx! Yes

If you download the 3V app you can see the various lift opening/closing times (and what's actually running)
https://www.les3vallees.com/en/addict/free-3-vallees-app
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Peter S, in Courchevel today only Chanrossa, Roc Merlet and Creux Noirs weren't running from what I could see...
ski holidays
PS conditions were quite nice again today (though definitely care still needed around steeper stuff...):

snow conditions
Thanks for that. The skiresort. Info data looks unreliable.
ski holidays
Question. Last time I stayed in La Tania, a storm blew threw and a lot of upper lifts were closed. Partly out of boredom we skied down to Le Praz. But then we had to stick along a cross country track to get back to La Tania. I can't remember if there was no bus or we didn't know about it. So. Question. Is there a navette from Le Praz to La Tania?
ski holidays
http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/skibus.htm
latest report
@jonathancarty, cheers.
snow report
great snow across 3vs today with blue skies in les men, meribel and courcheval but with cloud building in pm at VT. still fantastic conditions with very few people.
snow report
great snow across 3vs today with blue skies in les men, meribel and courcheval but with cloud building in pm at VT. still fantastic conditions with very few people.
snow conditions
emwmarine,

Where's Courcheval? I've not heard of it? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Last run down Folyeres like sheet ice yesterday - good for skills 😀
snow conditions
Good conditions in c1850 today. Sun is softening the snow perfectly. Quiet too.

Looks like it will warm up considerably over next few days.

Loze link into meribel closed still.
ski holidays
Stunning conditions in the 3V today - pistes perfect, off piste even better. Shame it is going to get busy tomorrow!

snow report
So joined my 8 yro daughter on her lesson with the aim of shadowing... It's always interesting to hear the instructor say "let's head down the black" (jockeys) to start.
snow conditions
Warm day but quiet pistes still. Did the new luge run in c1650. A little fast and out of control Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another warm day yesterday perfect for a visit to the folie in Meribel. Decided the bank manager wouldn't like it if I stayed too long so did some runs in Meribel then headed back to la tania and did laps off the side of the pistes working my legs on the bumps.

Pistes are starting to get scraped off, looks like a top up of snow is coming which should fix that.
ski holidays
Finally decided on 3v after being totally overwhelmed by the number of resorts within striking distance from Lyon. Quick question for those that come from Lyon Airport. Should we rent a car or just shuttle up to meribel montaret. There are just 3 of us and it seems an SUV cost gets us close to breakeven (shuttle cost about 120 euro I think and Suv is about 350 a week as far as I can tell). So a smaller car makes driving more economical, but too much of a hassle? Are chains required in storms?, that type of consideration.

Thinking of hiring guide to see some off piste while in 3v, is it worth it?, and if so, suggestions.
ski holidays
@Redwine, You won't really need a car in Mottaret but if not much in it I would drive. You should have chains, I had to use them two weeks ago for the first time in years but were very much needed.

I would suggest you contact Simon @offpisteskiing on the forum here. Definitely worth it as there is a huge amount of lift accessed "out of bounds" skiing in the 3V's let alone the resort area itself.
snow conditions
Snow started coming down this afternoon. Clouds coming in reducing visibility.

Finished skiing now everything drying for packing later. Good week sunny most days, some pistes getting scraped off but the fresh snow coming over the next week should fix that. Worst run was the red down to la praz from c1850, it was like an ice rink yesterday.
latest report
Snowing down to Bozel again (just) this afternoon - a few cms of fresh snow all the way down from the top of Bouc Blanc with offpisteskiing jr. A bit hectic on Brigues with people skiing far too fast for their ability given that there were some icy patches here and there under the soft topping... Far safer off piste.
Sadly they appear to have had a piste machine all the way down to Bozel and also added signs (despite it being blindingly obvious), which takes away a little of the 'feel' of the ski down there. The inexorable march of 'Progress' I suppose (although given that ski marketing the last decade has been mainly freeride/slackcountry/sidecountry/insert-marketing-term-here driven it seems a little strange to piste every available glade and meadow...).

snow report
@offpisteskiing, how far from the end of the run to Bozel is the bus stop to get back to the lift system and any idea how often the bus runs?
ski holidays
Snowed heavily for the last hour of the day with off piste in the trees above La Tania and Courchevel improving fast. Fresh snow also to be skied on lightly trafficked piste sections, eg Petit dou near the Plentrey lift. Snowfall has eased off a bit now.
ski holidays
@andy1234, Bus timetable and map is here - http://en.ot-bozel.com/free-shuttle-to-courchevel.html
ski holidays
@andy1234, it is about 300m walk down from Les Moulins then up to the route du Lac turn off where the bus stop is. Hourly buses in the morning, bigger gaps over lunchtime (it is France after all), then hourly-ish in the afternoon... (see link in post above this).

If you miss a bus and have a wait keep walking uphill to the St Roc bar on the roundabout. it is a short stagger from this along to the office du tourisme bus stop.
latest report
@skichampcouk, @offpisteskiing, thanks both maybe this year I'll finally get to try it!
ski holidays
La Tania first thing this morning

snow conditions
Sweet! More forecast too snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy