Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non-skiing Granny off to Val d'Isere - things to do.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mum is coming with us for a week at Christmas after some fellow snowHead discovered a cheeky cheap deal with Esprit. She might have a try at skiing but what else is there to do for her? She'll come up lunching at Solaise and I am going to have to get her to the Folie once too but she's not old enough for a free pass, don't want too much mountain stuff (can you but a weekly pedestrian pass?). Any ideas what else she could do?

We're going to have to sort travel insurance for her too but that's a whole other thing....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is always this: https://www.centre-aquasportif.com/en_index.php

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187271-d3930265-Reviews-Centre_Aquasportif-Val_d_Isere_Savoie_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowshoeing, Husky sleds up the Manchet Valley, visit the farm, Walk up to Le Fornet, reckon I could do a week there without skiing and not be bored. Frustrated yes, but not bored! Plenty peds walk around Lac D'Ouillet and the restaurant there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Following on from what @endoman, has said - Evoloution 2 do a lot of non skiing activities:
http://valdisere.evolution2.com/en/activite/winter-activities/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How old? Why will travel insurance be an issue?

There's a lot to be said for sitting with a good book in a cafe with a great view. That, with a bit of a walk to and from the cafe, would do me for a morning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
How old? Why will travel insurance be an issue?

Like her daughter, she's in denial about her actual age but she's a 65+ Spanish expat so flying into the UK and then France a few days later plus she'll be staying in on the UK after. She has a current EHIC card and never has insurance for back and forth to UK but don't want a granny slipped on ice worrying about paying for a private medical bill.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@endoman, thank you. She does a lot of walking so she may well enjoy a snowshoeing and husky thing.

@Old Fartbag
, thanks for the link!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I'm 70 and have never had the slightest problem with insurance for skiing, including off piste. I think over 80 it gets problematical - or rather, simply expensive!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

We went Val D'isere 3 years ago and amongst our party of 5 snowboarders & 2 skiers, we also had 2 people that weren't skiing and they found they had plenty to do in the day.
Walking around, getting the bus down to Tigne Le Lac and just general potting about and yes......getting the gondola up to the Folie to join us lot at the end of the day was very easy to do for them.

Firms none skiers perspective, It can genuinely be as enduring, or as easy-going as they want to make it. It also there holiday at the end of the day so I'm sure there will be plenty on offer for them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The spa is fabulous, book the VIP ticket and get access to the saunas, haman and jaccuzis.

The snow mobile company in Tignes would be huge fun too, or a dog sled ride.

You can get non skier lift passes. https://www.valdisere.ski/en/decouvrez-les-produits-val-d-isere#pass-pieton

She will have a great time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Non-skiing Granny off to Val d'Isere

Sounds like the proverbial Eunuch at an Orgy to me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The spa is fabulous, book the VIP ticket and get access to the saunas, haman and jaccuzis.

Is this meant to be pleasant?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy