Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

car parking in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ok so booked a week in the chamonix valley and will have the car with us...possible booked our appartment after 1 too many beers and although its in a great location it does not come with a car parking space.

I've read loads about the car parking in the town and i know that they have different zones and some are free and some are not ...we are in the green zone which is not free and pretty limited as to both space and duration!

I've read that you can but a week long parking pass from the majors office which gives access across all the open air / street parking areas and includes a bit of a discount over the standard prices, but i cant find anything about how you go about buying one and how much of a discount you get...

so does anyone know can you buy one in advance? can you buy them at the lift stations or only in the majors office and how much do they cost?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I was told to go to the town hall for my discount card tho' I've not bothered yet (maybe the Grepon parking was also a pickup location, I can't remember as I wasn't paying much attention)- however, mine comes with my residence card, I didn't realise that there was a week-long pass available as well. Mine is nothing to do with the lift company.

Where is the apartment? One of us semi-locals might be able to suggest a parking location.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.chamonix.com/pdf/stationnement_chamonix_fevrier_2017.pdf Maybe you can find a version in English. Maybe use something called “Google” and enter “parking Chamonix”?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
Maybe use something called “Google” and enter “parking Chamonix”?

Or try a forum for skiing and all things related to skiing such as parking in ski resorts...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 20-10-17 17:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s getting tighter every season. There are still quite a few free places to park however, where have you booked.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@manicpb, ????

I provided the requested information.

I suggested a route to finding an English version. The French link is 3rd on the Google results.

What’s did I do wrong?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Huh.

Must be said, now I am on a decent screen, that document is not very helpful as to where and how you actually acquire your week’s pass. Or indeed, my discount card.

I fear a phone call to the Mairie may be necessary. Surely you can buy your abonnement at the parking...but...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The apartment we have is directly in-front of the L'aiguille du Midi cable car....the same complex of buildings as Monkey / Bighorn etc

Happy to pay for parking for a week but would just be easier if we could sort out the parking pass before we arrive
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@enduroaid, phone the mairie.

Don't those apartments have payable access to the parking underneath? Which the landlord/agent would manage?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@enduroaid, check with your landlord, there’s covered parking under those buildings. I lived there for three years and always managed to find somewhere but it’s definitely getting harder particularly in busy weeks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If all else fails, you can usually find a spot on the side of the road on the gravel-area by the Les Moussoux train station.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jbob wrote:
@enduroaid, check with your landlord, there’s covered parking under those buildings. I lived there for three years and always managed to find somewhere but it’s definitely getting harder particularly in busy weeks.

yeah although they towed about 20 cars out the other week that have been abandoned which should make it easier.

as said, email the person you've rented off, each apartment will have a fob for the parking, its just whether the landlord still needs it for the week.

failing that put a post on the chamonix facebook page asking for anyone who will rent you an entrance key.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy