Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espirit, crystal 2000, Courchevel - how was it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to the Crystal 2000 hotel in Courchevel recently? We're considering a trip around Christmas time and we've not been there for years. How was it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Richard_Sideways, haven't been recently but noticed they replaced the swimming pool with a soft play.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been there 3 out of the last 4 years. The place is looking tired, but the location is amazing. Very easy with the kids. The tiredness of the hotel doesn't bother us, however out of the 3 years the food quality and service has ranged from fantastic to not great.

We really find the holiday is made by the staff and the other guests and if this is all good, we are happy.

We would go there again, but feel this year we want to self cater.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Noticed that too @NickyJ.

Thanks @FastCarver74 - interesting comment. It won't put us off but we are taking granny with us and as she is a non skier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are staying there from 4th February so I would also be interested in peoples thoughts. We stayed in an apartment at Balcon de Pralong last time so know the location is perfect for us. As long as the childcare is good for our 15 month old then I guess that's all that matters!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FastCarver74 wrote:
Been there 3 out of the last 4 years. The place is looking tired, but the location is amazing. Very easy with the kids. The tiredness of the hotel doesn't bother us, however out of the 3 years the food quality and service has ranged from fantastic to not great.

We really find the holiday is made by the staff and the other guests and if this is all good, we are happy.

We would go there again, but feel this year we want to self cater.

wise words!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, with the attention span of an adhd mayfly, we have flitted from Courchevel to Val d'isere and hit the book-it button. Thanks for the comments all, hopefully will be of use to someone. Now to prep for Christmas in Val!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We don’t intend to buy a full weeks lift pass when we’re there so will just buy it on a daily basis, so how would I go about this being so far from the town. Will I have to bus it down to the croisette or can I somehow ski down to the lift station ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gad, I think the Crystal 2000 is somewhere near the Pralong chair lift (?). If so you would need to hike up to the Bellecote piste before skiing down it to get to the Croisette and the 1850 lift pass office. Bus might be quicker.

You can probably ski directly to the lift pass office in 1550, via the Cospillot and Tovets pistes. This would be a bit of a pain if you are collecting passes for others, but okay if the whole party can ski there.

I think passes are now undated and just get validated when they are used, so if you know you definitely want to ski on say 3 days but just don't know which days, you can probably still buy 3 passes at the start of the week - which would reduce the number of trips needed to the pass office. Check with your rep - and they may even get them for you.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @ecureuil, on the courchevel web site it says the Draglifts Bellecôte, Etoiles & Cospillot are free draglifts but I just can’t figure it all out from the piste map.

I have actually ended up outside the chalet by accident before and used that drag lift to get back up, but I can’t remember if that was free or not! In my mind I’m thinking I can work my way through the Jardin alpin but I’m most probably wrong.

I am looking forward to it now, I know the chalet isn’t great condition wise but I’ve always liked the way esprit do things and the staff albeit young are always great.

On another note, does anybody know how courchevel is at Christmas and if there are any special things going on ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gad On the 2018 piste map, Bellecôte & Cospillot are still marked as free. (Etoiles isn't, but it wouldn't help anyway).

The Bellecôte drag lift and a short ski will get you back to the hotel - although the start of the drag lift is 100m uphill from the Croisette.

To ski down to the Croisette you will have a slightly longer walk, either up the piste edge or through the upper part of the village, to get to the Bellecôte piste. The Ferme and Altiport drag lifts, which would get you high enough to ski directly down Bellecôte, are not free.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ecureuil, bus it is then Very Happy

Although I will ask about the separate day lift passes, that may just be the best solution.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gad, The bus stop is directly outside the Crystal and only takes a couple of minutes each way. If you want to ski down, you can either ski out of the hotel and take the Pralong chair then you have several ways of getting down via Biollay/Bellecotte as an example. Alternatively you can take the Altiport drag lift and then cut across to get onto bellecote.

The other option is to pre order a lift pass and then just top up each day online as and when you need to.

NB they closed the pool because they couldn't fix the leaks and it was costing a fortune to run. Shame as it was a really selling point from my perspective. Though having said that the location is very very hard to beat.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ansta1, The rechargeable lift pass is definitely the way forward 👍. We’ve just booked for the 19th so experience tells me that snow, Christmas and children are not the best ingredients when it comes to paying out for passes and other things.

It is a shame about the hotel pool but that new aqua park looks a good way of wasting a few hours on a bad day. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy