Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand, La Clusaz, Aravis Resorts 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Dan, snow depths are great for a change this year, so no worries there. Whereabouts in the town are you staying? It's quite a spread out area so advice will depend on that.
First off, I'd have a look at the tourist office websites both at La Clusaz and LGB, and then ring them up if you find something that takes your fancy. Both offices are really helpful and have good English speakers (websites are fairly rubbish though, typical French ski station triumphs of style over substance, so persevere!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gvj, we're staying at the Capfun campsite on the route des Confins, on the Le Bossnnett side of the resort. I think there's a green run that runs past the back of the site and there's a decent bus service that goes into town or out to the Massif De Balme end of town.

I've got two novice snowboarders (wannabe Shaun Whites) so we don't need much for the first couple of days, possibly not even a lift pass if we can get away with it.....are there any free areas? I've spotted a button lift (ugggh, horrible being a boarder) just outside of Le Bossnnett that shows a very small green run "Le Nant" and another just down behind the ESF hut, that is called "Baby Bossonnet"

https://goo.gl/maps/ftt2hqMwKQv

Any help/suggestions welcome Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dan, sorry, been away a few days. the ice rink (patinoir) down in the village is popular with kids and I'm told the public swimming pool is very good. If you fancy day trips then Annecy and Chamonix are both well worth a visit or just take a short drive to the Col des Aravis for non-extreme hiking/snowshoeing / tobogganing with amazing views of Mt Blanc. As far as free drags go, they are usually designed for very small learners so may or may not be appropriate for your children.
Have a great holiday
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gvj, excellent, thanks Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't help with the resort but don't get hung up about button lifts. My last 6 days boarding were in a resort with 7 drag lifts and that was it - I did over 100 miles being dragged around on 60 year old legs. OK, when I first learnt 7 years ago I had a bit of an issue but since then a lot of the most enjoyable spots I've been to have been drag lift accessed. "Embrace".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Day one of our week here today - snowy and cloudy all morning but cleared as the afternoon progressed.
Loads of snow everywhere.
Busy in places but no queues to mention. Tomorrow looks to be brighter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last day of our week today - changeable conditions during the week but did ski every day. Today was fab in the morning - snow got “lame and sticky” (son’s description) after lunch - lovely day for lounging in the sun though - about to pack ready for tomorrow’s drive back.

Anyone coming down for the coming week will still have plenty to ski on 👍🏼
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick check re Aravis transfers - is it possible to get from Albertville train station to Aravis resorts? Google maps show 50km circa, but not sure if these roads are open in winter. Thanks a lot!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mooney058, Why would you want to start from Albertville ?

The bus services are organized by Department, Albertville is Savoie while the Aravis resorts are Haute Savoie. You are more likely to find a transfer from Annecy or Bonneville.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rjs, Thallys Snow train that I am looking as an option from Belgium. It is 5 hour train trip rather than 9-10 hour drive. So looking into it as an option
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mooney058, Maybe look at train from Albertville to Annecy, then bus up to resort.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
@mooney058, Maybe look at train from Albertville to Annecy, then bus up to resort.

was thinking more of a taxi/transfer option as otherwise it would take too long
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mooney058, OK, you can assume that the Col des Aravis will be open.

The time difference may not be as much as you think, the road up from Annecy is a lot faster than the one between Flumet and La Clusaz.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @rjs, have not been to this part yet so discovering it 'online'. Much appreciate your advice! Will check Annecy transfer option
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi. Best road route in winter from Albertville to the Aravis resorts is via Ugine Serreval Thones and St Jean de Sixt. It would probably be much cheaper to hire a car in Albertville than have a taxi each way. How big is your group ?
snow report
gvj wrote:
Hi. Best road route in winter from Albertville to the Aravis resorts is via Ugine Serreval Thones and St Jean de Sixt. It would probably be much cheaper to hire a car in Albertville than have a taxi each way. How big is your group ?
just me and my son
snow conditions
Have you thought about Les Saisies ? it's much closer, just above Albertville, and a great intermediate playground.
ski holidays
@gvj, not yet snowHead always pushed further up to 3V and EK, thanks for the hint!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy