Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

At what age did you start to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
mountainaddict, what a lovely post! 
Cheers Hurtle Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Age 16, Uxbridge dry slope in preparation for a week school trip at Andalo in Italy, circa 1983.

My daughters learned around age 5-6; so that I could get back to it ASAP Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Old Fartbag, @Binky got it in one; Bernard in his apartment. My scepticism was heightened - we're standing here in a corridor in his flat, and this is supposed to be making my skiing better! But the proof was delivered the next morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've yet to try skis but started snowboarding when I was 29 Happy Didn't really enjoy a brief trip up to Scotland as the conditions were rubbish and tbh so was I! After a couple of weeks in the three valleys I'd like to think I'm a bit better Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aged 24 - parents took the extended family to Arinsal for Christmas week, was hooked from Day 2.

That was 2008, have done 12 more trips since then, including last years Japan tour. Biggest stumbling block at the moment is the other half's hatred of all things skiing, even after 3 bites of the cherry! Any advice on how to change her perspective on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
12 on a school trip to Vinje in Norway (not often mentioned here). Like others on the Trip I messed around rather than carrying on skiing in the afternoons. Regretted it on my return and tried to persuade my parents to take me the next year and every year after, without success - they were either too poor or too mean and despite the fact or perhaps because of it, that my father had skied and fornicated his way through Gstaad as a young chef in the 1950s! I didn’t go again until I was 23 and could pay for myself. Then every year since building up to 8 weeks a year, originally skiing in as many resorts as I could (it is apparently called train spotting) then rented in Val d’Isere for a few years before buying on the more affordable side of Toviere. Skiing, boarding, touring, XC. Glencoe between French trips and Snow Factor most weeks.

Met the the current Mrs SL on the tinternet - no smoking; no kids living at home; must ski or willing to learn. Simples.

Of course there must be more important things. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
12 on a school trip to Vinje in Norway (not often mentioned here). Like others on the Trip I messed around rather than carrying on skiing in the afternoons. Regretted it on my return and tried to persuade my parents to take me the next year and every year after, without success - they were either too poor or too mean and despite the fact or perhaps because of it, that my father had skied and fornicated his way through Gstaad as a young chef in the 1950s! I didn’t go again until I was 23 and could pay for myself. Then every year since building up to 8 weeks a year, originally skiing in as many resorts as I could (it is apparently called train spotting) then rented in Val d’Isere for a few years before buying on the more affordable side of Toviere. Skiing, boarding, touring, XC. Glencoe between French trips and Snow Factor most weeks.

Met the the current Mrs SL on the tinternet - no smoking; no kids living at home; must ski or willing to learn. Simples.

Of course there must be more important things. Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3-4, I know we had a set of tiny baby skis with Miss Piggy on. I skied every year from 4-19, missed a year for uni, missed another year around 21 and when saving for a house. Got my 12 year old stepdaughter addicted now too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy