Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone watching the Ladies moguls on BBC2?

Poster: A snowHead
*cough*

I nealry swallered me tea there!

I just did a google images search for Kari Traa. I won;t link to the first pic I saw!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter S wrote:
Proper old fashioned skiing !

Straight skis,
knees and feet together,
tight turns
down the fall line ,
big air

Perfect Razz

Big Hair???? Like in the 80's? Or Marge Simpson?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt wrote:
I nealry swallered me tea there!

Whats the problem.I think the use of body armour is a sensible precaution in high speed mogul skiing.

BTW,did you spot her sister? in the swimming pool........babe2!!!!

Shhhh,dont tell DM,it may be more than he can take wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter S, the skis didn't look that straight to me - and they had funny little turny up bits at the back. Otherwise I share your sentiments!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, wow. I guess someone's beaten me to that particular vocation. Ms Traa certainly has few hangups about nudity, etc.!! Marvellous, marvellous, but not to be surfed at work.

snowskisnow, I see what you mean. But surely body armour should extend below the waist? Is that her sister do we think. Could they be persuaded to... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Post the link...!!! spoilsports...!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, Perv rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny,

I've seen worst as screensavers...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jt, do it yourself you lazy bgger - go to google, search for kari traa. make sure you;re in "images" (links at the top)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt,

I did.... she's getting on now so needs to ge those pics in quick.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT, If she's having any trouble finding boyfriends (although that does make at least one heroic assumption) I'm sure Sophie wouldn't mind sharing me...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh no, that's torn it.

Anyway, I note that some of the sites with her piccies on have now crashed. Clearly we are not the only ones with this idea.

Also, her own website has pulled her Gallery for the duration of the Olympics due to some rule or another. What? Olympians aren't allowed to have saucy piccies taken? Shame!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The score system was explained at the beginning. To shorten it it works like this.....

Style of turns counts for 50% of the total mark
The jumps 25%
The time taken i.e. speed from top to bottom also counts for 25%
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FastCarver, thanks, that clears up a few things.

Having been persuaded by the comments above to do a google search I have to say that Miss Traa certainly has a way of making body armour look sexy Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, I still think Traa was robbed. She has even made taking a p**s look sexy!
latest report
Now think of all the hoo-haa there would have been if those photos had been of Ms Alcott rolling eyes . I guess Ms Traa does have the saving grace of being the best in the world though Wink .

I missed seeing her in action though as I was out at a concert on Saturday. It was a good concert, but seems like I missed something worth seeing.
snow report
GrahamN, You did.

FastCarver, that's the split of points: what I want to know are the criteria the judges use for the turns (I know that one is expected to turn at least once on every bump) and how they apply the speed points. I still think she wuz robbed. All Canadian judges too...not that I'm implying anything untoward of course... wink
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Don't know exactly how the points are given but am aware that turns are judged on the following for style...

Straightest line down the hill
Shoulders facing directly forward
Maximun contact of skis on snow i.e. skis should be glued to the hill surface
Minimum upper body movement, All should be taken in the knees. This is also the reason they all wear a contrasting colour on the knee part of their trousers so the judges can clearly see the movement
ski holidays
I still think a landed 720 thingeymebog by the first runner - an upside down twist, which wasn't that ragged anyway, should count more than a lame 360...
and there is no way that Tara hotbabe should have lost..!!

I think we should see the comp again...!!
snow conditions
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,

I've seen worst as screensavers...

Shocked
clearly you are in need of a trip to a particular Swiss resort wink
latest report
snowbunny,

I think I am..... Mar, hopefully... Smile
ski holidays
FastCarver, thanks. So rather difficult to judge from the safety of one's sofa then.

JT, so true!
snow conditions
In fairness, the girl who won isn't exactly hard on the eyes http://www.kidskottage.org/jenniferheil/Jennifer%20Heil%20.jpg
ski holidays
In fact re-run the comp again ...with less clothes on and add them to the style marks...
snow conditions
and here

http://www.skipressworld.com/ca/en/magazine/2004/sexy/
ski holidays
JT, what a noble and selfless idea. Selfless to a point, I volunteer to man the (un)dressing rooms.
ski holidays
I've waited all day to google 'n ogle ner. Not too shabby. What were the names of the other competitors again...

And can anyone explain why they're all so good-looking Puzzled The other fem skiers aren't so. Sad
snow report
slikedges, shhh, keep it quiet, maybe the establishment haven't noticed... wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to a bloke in an F1 NG there's a tasty member of the German 4 bird bobsleigh, although he's not sure which sled.
snow conditions
FenlandSkier,

Well, find out man...and publish her website... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I reckon it's either Berit Wiacker or Kristina Bader, possibly Sandra Kiriasis. www.bobsleigh.com has an athletes guide on it.
ski holidays
Sorry to drag this thread back to its original reason d'etre rolling eyes , but I watched the ladies' half-pipe last night on the Beeb and thought the commentary was rubbish. Who was the wally who kept referring to us as "ladies & gentlemen"? He could certainly tell one trick from another but he sounded more like a market veg salesman..

Roll up, laydeez & gentlemen! Look at these, Missis - cauliflowers as big as yer 'ead!

Some of the marking was pretty weird too (admittedly to the untrained eye) with some apparently lame runs getting better marks than other which included huge air & monster rotations

I'm confused.
ski holidays
Has anybody found any video on the web of the ladies moguls? The one on the BBC website only seems to show the first aerials and then the finish - and I am wanting to show somebody Miss Traa's run. (... honest that that's the only reason) The only other source is the NBC website that seems to detect I am outside the states and says that the footage is not for showing outside the USA.
latest report
Ed Leigh is a longtime British snowboarder, journalist and MC of snowboarding events in the UK. Probably few UK people better qualified to commentate on a freestyle snowboard event. I didn't get to see the Women's halfpipe as both BBC interactive and BBC2 in the evening seemed to have an unhealthy fascination with olympic housework (bowls on ice) or people prancing round in spangly outfits and was therefore doing something else when highlights were eventually shown.
snow report
agavin, I still have it on video
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Ed Leigh is a longtime British snowboarder.....

That would go some way towards explaining it, then wink
ski holidays
FastCarver, thanks. Arranging something sounds like more effort than its worth! It is for somebody who missed it, so its really their problem. Was just wondering if there was any better footage on the wbe somewhere ...
snow report
David Murdoch,
Quote:

Who is his main audience then BTW?).

people who don't do wintersports. Largest slice of Ski Sunday's audience have never set foot on skis... in the Olympics it must be even more likely that the audience will need things explained in v simple terms. Eurosport, on the other hand, seems to have a more clued-up audience and hence the more in-depth technical style of JC and NF.
snow report
JohnHill, ahhh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy