Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructors of the world, what is it with the goggles in mug shots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have noticed on several schools’ sites, all the mug shots of the staff are in helmets and goggles.

Not surprisingly, they are identical.

What is the point?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Recognise them on the slopes? You just stalking for prettteee laydeez?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its so you cant see how red there eyes are from staying up till 4am drinking Red Bull Flugels Eh oh!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, my stalking is much more nuanced and effective than that.

Mwahh haahh hahahhh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some people call it stalking, I call it selective walking
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DrLawn, and what were you drinking on this occasion?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133618#3119573
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My girlfriend thought that I was a stalker.

Well she's not actually my girlfriend yet...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarpa, Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The absorption of ski instructors into the helmet promotion industry - the semi-fraudulent notion that helmets have a safety role in our sport - was perhaps inevitable.

Until a few years ago the elite trainers (ski instructor coaches) of the British Association of Snowsport Instructors maintained their independence of the helmet industry ... by not wearing them. Those BASI trainers - and there's photographic proof of it - countered the commercial trend, while their underlings (regular ski instructors on training courses) started wearing lids. But as opinion leaders the elite BASI trainers were vital to the industry, so they got absorbed within in it and are now keen commercial ambassadors for helmet sales.

At some future point skiers will rediscover the simple sensual pleasure of feeling cool air flow through their follicles! And they will discover that their heads will be just as safe as they were before.

[One doesn't have to wear rose-tinted goggles that filter vision through a veil of dollar signs to know all this!]
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Davina Goldballs, in pre-helmet times, I remember one glorious run - blue sky, no wind, hardly anyone around - on the Grande Motte. I was so immersed in the joy of it, that I don't notice what speed I was doing until I suddenly realised that on that windless day, the 'wind' was howling round my ears. I slowed with care.

These days I wear a helmet, having seen a better skier than I fall on steep ground, and fall a long way down the hill on his back amongst rocks. I don't believe the helmet will save me from major trauma, but I think it will save me from nasty cuts, abrasions and bruises in some circumstances.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Davina Goldballs, are you seriously arguing that instructors posing for a pic with their ski helmet on is part of a vast conspiracy to increase sales? Really? Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy