Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refitting bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advice please.
Bought some Latigos from here way back in the summer, need to have bindings moved because my boots too small for bindings. Skis; Blizzard Latigo 170, bindings ; Salomon STH 10, me 78 kg 175 cm. boots 25.5.
When I spec this at shop would you recomend lining up boot and ski marks or set boots slightly forward, it looks as if bindings are set about 10mm forward. Although I’ll listen to ski shop I would like another opinion
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@enigma, if you live anywhere near Lambley, Nottinghamshire, I suggest you contact our own spyderjon. He can determine the sweet spot for you on your skis, and refit your bindings.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’d love to but I live in Cornwall.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@enigma, If you tried your boots in the bindings they will look as if the binding is mounted forward as your boot is smaller than the mount. Note that when re-drilling a ski you either need to leave 10mm gap between old and new holes or use inserts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski wrote:
@enigma, If you tried your boots in the bindings they will look as if the binding is mounted forward as your boot is smaller than the mount. Note that when re-drilling a ski you either need to leave 10mm gap between old and new holes or use inserts.

I've re-drilled loads of skis, sometimes even with a pair of holes slightly overlapping the old holes. If you plug the old hole using a suitable glue for the core it will be ok. It is not optimal but I question the 10mm rule.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@enigma, I’d check with the boot is in the toe of the binding and see where the boot centre sits wrt to the recommended mounting point on the ski. And the same with the heel clipped in. If one was a cm or so in front or behind the recommended mounting point, I’d move either only the toe or heel part.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy