Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Business Class and Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed that have a accumulated a bucket load of Avios so could travel business class with BA to Geneva for less than anything else I have found at the other end of any plane and it also includes 2 x 32kg bags. Anyone know if they accept a set of skis as one of these bags?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hope so as I have booked that for the BB. Their website says you can take items of 190x65x75 cm and weighing under 32kg as one of your items of checked baggage in Club so that should fit most skis as I doubt that they measure them that closely. I'm sure a more experienced Club traveller will be along to confirm shortly...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, up to 32kg. https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/sporting-goods-and-musical-instruments
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Posidrive, yes, have done the same as you a few times and doing it again this December.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Posidrive, yes ...do it all thd time
..but only book business one way and you get the allowance both ways so maximise your aviod
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, or make it to Silver and travel economy...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mmgg1988, Yes, I booked club class for me and my son to BB and skis are no problem. I’ve also done the single leg club class with the same allowance on the other leg.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair wrote:
@holidayloverxx, or make it to Silver and travel economy...
i am way way away from that. My avios are through collecting rather than flying...but yes a good way of doing it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee wrote:
@mmgg1988, I’ve also done the single leg club class with the same allowance on the other leg.

That's what I have done. Works out about £25 less than paying to take the skis in Economy! Confirmation email also states 2 bags at 32kg each way.

No chance of me getting to Silver as I avoid BA where possible but not may other airlines fly direct to Venice except the low cost carriers which worked out more expensive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, It's surprisingly easy to get to silver and I do it with one transatlantic trip a year. All my subsequent trips are more comfortable! BA really look after you if you play the game....

Mind you, Club Class doesn't always cost very much and the old Tesco points certainly add up quickly.

Booking Club in one direction is a good idea - you just need to decide where you want the lounge. I've certainly found priority handling though Geneva (which can be a real scrum) to be a real help in the past.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair, i rarely fly transatlantic...and when i last did with BA there weren't many miles to be had. Lounge in the UK ....on return there often arent lounges where i fly back from and i have to drive

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 6-10-17 22:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Posidrive, yes - works well, provided they don’t go on strike.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, agreed that everyone's circumstances may be different. I was just mentioning that, for some, BA's offering is excellent if you plan your flights carefully. snowHead

(As an example I flew a day return in economy to Geneva a few weeks ago. A major pile up on the motorway in the early morning meant that I missed my flight but I was able to change this flight using the BA app at no cost, despite the booked flight costing £50 and the revised flight quoting £230. I then arrived back at GVA early and was able to change my return flight (again a cheapie) for the second time at no cost - with the check-in agent apologising that I wouldn't have time to use the lounge and giving me priority security which must have saved me 20-30 minutes.) I challenge any 'low cost' carrier to match the treatment I received that day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair, agreed when circumstances suit
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This article may interest some as its a way to get silver status, I'm fortunate or not maybe, to travel for work and the silver status is a great benefit for the extra baggage to take the skis for free when we are in economy, https://insideflyer.co.uk/2016/06/earn-british-airways-silver-status/ , its from last year but still relevant as BA do have sales from time to time, have a look at Jacks flight club another handy source for cheap travel.

A follow on from the comment on BA going on strike, you can add Lufthansa to that far more strikes than BA, plus Air France, the French traffic controllers, Ryanair for cancelling flights (yes I got one of those, yes I will fly with them again), Monarch and Air Berlin for going bust, I'm sure there more Toofy Grin just remembered Alitalia too

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 7-10-17 9:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@radar, link doesn't work
ski holidays
@Grandma Sunshine, because there is a comma at the end of it
latest report
I'm BA gold and fly economy. So I get first lass lounges and the "gold welcome" when in economy. Sir, we appreciate your business would you like anything.

Me: Some champagne would be nice. Happy

How to do it is easy. Book club every month from Gla-Lgw which is sometimes cheaper than economy if you check the full fare tab (weird). If more expensive then simply use Avios to make it cheaper. Do this 8 times and you get silver. Or, when you go in Europe try to factor in a club stop.... go uk-AMS-destination.

If going launch haul have a look at a positioning flight. E.g. Fly to Dublin, Oslo, or Stockholm and you will get a club fare for the same price as premium economy.

Use matrix software to look at multiple options.
snow conditions
@Grandma Sunshine, Fixed Very Happy
snow conditions
@radar, thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops, is that rocket flights Toofy Grin , carrying on the theme from @GlasgowCyclops, also look at One World Partner flights, fly with one of them and earn tier points to get to silver, if anyone is off to somewhere beyond the middle east look at Qatar Airways flights the have some bargains even in business class, you can get a better class of airline than BA
ski holidays
radar wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, is that rocket flights Toofy Grin , carrying on the theme from @GlasgowCyclops, also look at One World Partner flights, fly with one of them and earn tier points to get to silver, if anyone is off to somewhere beyond the middle east look at Qatar Airways flights the have some bargains even in business class, you can get a better class of airline than BA

Yes good old saturn5 predictive texting. Happy

I now fly WT+ (premium economy) and on BA to Asia all the time. Currently in the Andaz hotel bar in New Delhi. I prefer BA because the other airlines are economy or business and for me, booking not that far in advance, business from the UK is a crazy price. However, my days of 12 hrs in economy are over.

Qatar is great according to most people, but the 6hrs from edi, gla to DOH then a 3 hrs layover then 6 hrs on to HKG for example means no sleep. At least on BA in WT+ I get 5 hrs kip at least.
latest report
@GlasgowCyclops, aren't we a pair of jet setters , I'm off to Manila totally agree on WT+ am going Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong in their premium economy their service is just great having said that BA seemed to have up their came on my last two WT+ trips
snow report
radar wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, aren't we a pair of jet setters , I'm off to Manila totally agree on WT+ am going Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong in their premium economy their service is just great having said that BA seemed to have up their came on my last two WT+ trips

Manila? Been there.. get Grabcar app on your phone and never flag a taxi down. Not safe to do that according to people I know in Manila.
latest report
@GlasgowCyclops, thanks will grab it!
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, thanks will grab it!

Getting off at Manila use the yellow taxi. The white taxi queue seems to move faster but in reality it is not. Grab car is like UBER except it is Proper taxi you get. You can also link it to a card so you need less cash. Grab is based in Singapore so you can use it in many Asian countries.

While in the hotel always ask where you can walk and they will advise.

Apart from that it is a great place. You will see lots of massage places and at first I thought (hmmm dodgy) but a foot massage is a big thing there. My companies distributor there has an account and I went to one. It was fantastic.

Funny at first when he said " you come with us and two ladies will give you a massage" I looked at him in fear (this is NOT my thing) and he said..... oh, not a dirty massage Happy

Phew. Anyway.... I think I'm diluting the thread.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, thanks for the advice, I'm fortunate to have a private transfer at the airport will use grab for round town.

Yep think we changed the thread, but that's Snowheads
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy