Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid-season start feasibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

This will be my first ski season after quite a few skiing (well, boarding) holidays so any advice for a noob's first time repping in St Anton is welcome!

The main thing I want to ask all you more experienced peeps is quite a niche thing I can't seem to find an answer on elsewhere;

My girlfriend is hoping to join me for the second half of the ski season. I'm aware this is unusual. But after a short internship in outdoor education with kids in China we are hoping she can get the best of both worlds and immediately hop over and start living/working the second half of the St Anton ski season. What I want to know is how feasible is this, her finding work and accommodation there HALF WAY through the season? I've been told people drop out and therefore companies look for people all the time and that it is easier to find work when you are already there. But what are the actual odds of this, and is there any way to increase them in advance? She's 24, has a good amount of work experience and a fair bit of experience with children and would love to nanny, but will take any work.

Thanks very much for any insight, and I wish everyone an awesome time on the snow!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RoboElLobo, When exactly? End of Jan - before the busy holidays in Feb - I reckon you'd have a pretty good chance. At least when I did a season there I knew several people who picked up new work after NYE. After Feb half term it'll be much harder though I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Picking up a job mid season is generally pretty easy, it's accommodation that can be a lot harder. If you are repping, I take it you are working for a TO? If you make it known to your RM that your gf is wanting to join you, then they may well consider her for any positions that come up in resort. Keep your eyes peeled on some of the St Anton Facebook groups as stuff often pops up on there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for these brill replies guys. Very informative. I'd imagine it will be mid-late Feb. I'll inform my company and see what they say about it. Cheers for the other tips too. Much appreciated Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy