Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid Question Of The Day - Swiss Air

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are Swiss Global Air Lines the same as Swiss Air or some subsidiary with different terms and conditions. Want to make use of the free ski carriage but don't want to be stung with some technicality over the bit of the company it might be.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also interested in this, same question for Helvetic Airways which are also listed as a Swiss subsidery but unclear whether you get free ski carriage. Would quite like to use their LCY flights but don't want to get charged extra if I turn up with skis!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmgg1988 wrote:
Also interested in this, same question for Helvetic Airways which are also listed as a Swiss subsidery but unclear whether you get free ski carriage. Would quite like to use their LCY flights but don't want to get charged extra if I turn up with skis!

Helvetica baggage rules here:
https://www.helvetic.com/hdc/travel/luggage
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posidrive wrote:
Are Swiss Global Air Lines the same as Swiss Air or some subsidiary with different terms and conditions. Want to make use of the free ski carriage but don't want to be stung with some technicality over the bit of the company it might be.

Are the flights sold as different brands or all from the same brand? Either way, the baggage rules will be stated on the website where the flights are sold. I can't see that the legal name of the company or subsidiary is the issue here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Urgh, what a pain, Helvetica says skis have to be part of your baggage allowance i.e. 1 bag of 23kg so no extra set of skis unless you pay CHF70. Strangely, you cant get a flight for LCY-ZRH on the Helvetica site though although it must exist as it can be booked via Swiss...

The issue that is on the Swiss website, it says that ski carriage is included but certain flights on that website say operated by Swiss Global Airlines/Helvetica. I believe in the small print, it states that the baggage rules are that of the operating carrier rather than those of the website you use to book. If I use the Virgin website to book a Delta flight (which you can do), the Delta baggage policy applies although the website used to book states the rules for Virgin. I am not aware of a Swiss Global Airlines site itself although obviously there is a Helvetica one!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes baggage rules of the operating carrier take precedence. eg. if you book a BA flight with a BA flight number but fly on an American Airlines plane, AA rules will apply.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Same with Lufthansa and Austrian so rubbish for changing at e.g. frankfurt for Salzburg from that point of view
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ozboy wrote:
Yes baggage rules of the operating carrier take precedence. eg. if you book a BA flight with a BA flight number but fly on an American Airlines plane, AA rules will apply.

Not quite as simple as that:

Quote:
If every flight in your journey has a BA code (e.g. BA1234) you will get British Airways’ checked baggage allowance, even if some or all of the flights are operated by other airlines (so-called 'codeshare' flights).
If every flight in your journey has another airline’s code, you will get that airline’s baggage allowance.
If your journey includes a mix of BA and other airline codes (e.g. AA1122 or IB3210) you will get the allowance of the most significant carrier – usually the airline operating the longest part of the journey.

So if you're flying a mix of BA and AA then it may be that the BA rules will apply. If you book all your flights using BA flight numbers (which may cost no more), then the BA allowances will apply.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've flown on a few Helvetica, LCY - Zurich flights, booked using the Swiss website and have never been charged for ski carriage.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mmgg1988 wrote:
The issue that is on the Swiss website, it says that ski carriage is included but certain flights on that website say operated by Swiss Global Airlines/Helvetica. I believe in the small print, it states that the baggage rules are that of the operating carrier rather than those of the website you use to book. If I use the Virgin website to book a Delta flight (which you can do), the Delta baggage policy applies although the website used to book states the rules for Virgin. I am not aware of a Swiss Global Airlines site itself although obviously there is a Helvetica one!

Kelskii wrote:
I've flown on a few Helvetica, LCY - Zurich flights, booked using the Swiss website and have never been charged for ski carriage.

Interestingly different opinions - I've just booked to fly with BA as my flight times with Swiss only fitted in with a return operated by Helvetica, and I didn't want the risk of having to pay extra for bags...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy