Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere for groups

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, we are looking at booking an all inclusive ski holiday in Claviere for a group of 12 mixed ability skiers (all in early 50s) at Hotel Grande Claviere and wondered if anyone has any experience of the area?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed there 10 years ago. Hotel was fine - Crystal chalet hotel. Wasn’t impressed by claviere I’m afraid. Personally I thought the infrastructure improved as soon as you went to the French side. Plenty of people like it but holes in the ground for toilets, a stupid system for getting food in some restaurants (queue to pay for food and drink, then queue for food then same again for drinks) is not for me. Nothing too wrong with the skiing but the lifts at that point were pretty basic. Things may have improved since then and in fairness we didn’t get to ski to sestrierre etc as our kids were young at the time.
Kilt restaurant was the highlight though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at the Grand Claviere last Xmas with Crystal and found the hotel warm with good food and lovely staff who were helpful and friendly. It was an Italian family hotel not Crystal run which was an improvement. Claviere is a nice small quiet resort not the place if you want lots of nightlife. Definitely try the Kilt restaurant. Skiing area is great but nervous beginners might find it a bit limiting and Montgenevre is better for them . If you're happy on reds then it's great and combined with the easy link to Montgenevre there's plenty to ski
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have visited Claviere twice from a Sauze holiday and thought the area was lovely - nice cruising reds and blues- my only warning would be that in late Jan last year the link to Montgenevre was difficult......the run from the 'back' of Montgenevre was closed and on skis the return required an awful lot of poling, even worse for our boarder whose language was distinctly colourful when he finally caught up with us! Maybe we were unlucky, so SH's with more knowledge might be able to say whether that is regularly the case (there was plenty of snow) at the time you plan to visit. I would more recommend Sestriere or Sauze if you can get a similar deal there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy