Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Weather/Snow Report (& useful links) 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
The Cinque Torre is lovely and worth the detour.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really heavy wet snow all the way down to the valley in Cortina last night. Was absolutely hammering it down at 11pm. Just hope the viz is ok up there today, reckon there must be 30+cm or so on piste which should keep the hoards away.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anybody going with Crystal soon, they're selling a 6 day Super Dolomiti ski pass for £210 (list price €265~£240)

Edit for autocorrong typos.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm out to Cortina on Saturday. I see lots of snow in the forecasts. What's it looking like out there?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 15-03-18 10:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
suggul wrote:
I'm out to Cortina on Saturday. I see lots of snow in the forecasts. What's it looking like our there?

Really good, we got back last night but didn't go up yesterday as spent the day in Venice. Slushy at the bottom as to be expected at this time of year but it was only the last run down from Colfiere to the Gondola base station that we felt wasn't worth repeating. Both runs down to Rio Gere on the other side were in good nick on Monday morning. What a place, we had a fantastic time and so quiet, it felt like our own private mountain at times.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know madonna closing date?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only 3 weeks of the season left at Selva but what a season. Wonder whether we’ll see one this good in the Dollies again ?

Closer to home Glencoe is absolutely loaded and may have another 6 weeks or more of skiable snow to go, given the Met O long range forecast for a cool run into mid April.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Left Corvara this morning with another 15cm added overnight - if anyone's in a position to take a last minute deal in the three remaining weeks then go for it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On a more sombre note

On Wednesday a young local man, apparently skiing alone off piste on the Boé, got caught in an avalanche and sadly didn't survive. It took the army several hours to find him.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

On a more sombre note

On Wednesday a young local man, apparently skiing alone off piste on the Boé, got caught in an avalanche and sadly didn't survive. It took the army several hours to find him.

It's such a shame to hear about this. It must be a real shock to his family and friends and I offer them my deepest condolences. There is quite a lot of off-piste in the area but it just goes to show you can never be too careful.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Light snow and cloudy all day in Sëlva today. Baita Curona nearly empty for dinner, +1 recommendation. A little sugar snow/slush this evening at the bottom nothing bad though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Same in Colfosco/Corvara today (not really surprising as not far away Wink), although I found some bottom parts of the pistes to be a strange mix of slush and icy corduroy shining through.
Snow higher up was nice and the pistes away from Sella Ronda pistes were quite empty, so nice day riding.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Simony wrote:
Same in Colfosco/Corvara today (not really surprising as not far away Wink), although I found some bottom parts of the pistes to be a strange mix of slush and icy corduroy shining through.
Snow higher up was nice and the pistes away from Sella Ronda pistes were quite empty, so nice day riding.

Yes i found the same thing too funnily enough.....kinda ice in places and yet slushy elsewhere with powder on top as it snowed. Was a bit odd to ski. Snow was better higher up for sure.

I think it was too warm over the weekend.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A bit of new snow this morning and sun till this afternoon. Busy around Arabba and generally great snow, a bit of sugar at the bottoms. Sprinkling of snow this evening in Sëlva.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blazing sun all day and colder today. Some lovely empty pistes above Badia. Couple of south facing slush patches on the way back.
latest report
Just checked out Selva webcams, and lots of snow below the clouds around Col Raiser, looks like another good week for our last week skiing 2018, lovely Arabba, can't wait
snow conditions
@Bartezki, plenty of snow everywhere last week, nowt to worry about. Lots of lift pass readers were too low due to the amount of snow we were standing on.
snow report
I wonder whether we’ll ever see a season as good as this one Again in our lifetimes ? snowHead
ski holidays
It's snowing here in Badia this morning - anybody coming out for the last week of the season should have a great time. There is still so much snow about and the temperature has been kind this week. Pistes in great condition, slushing up in the afternoon lower down.
latest report
Peter S wrote:
I wonder whether we’ll ever see a season as good as this one Again in our lifetimes ? snowHead

Thought they might have tried extending the season, given the amount of snow still there.

However, only 4 lifts open today... (Seceda and one on the Marmolada)
snow report
http://sassolevante.it-wms.com/wmspanoviewer.php?lang=it&cam=2&conf=1

Nice cover of new snow. Shame the season has ended Sad
latest report
Photo of Arabba from Arabba Fodom facebook page posted a few hours ago.... Shocked

latest report
luigi wrote:
It snowed Saturday night. I cleared about 12cm off the car in Cortina on Sunday morning. Roads were clear, so the plan to travel north to the 3 Peaks/Drei Zinnen/Tre Cime area was still on. Approaching the lift base at Vierschach, which is just 2 miles short of the border with Austria, it didn't look as if they had more than a dusting.

Never mind, it's an impressive area, Good long verticals of the Helm mountain. Same theme as Kronplatz, anything N-facing was superb. S-facing had annoying crusty bits and wasn't softening much due to lack of sun.

We did the 3Peaks tour (Giro delle Cime) across the Kreuzberg Pass to Padola. Some of the linking runs were roads that were a bit flat in places and required some poling. The Salto bus worked well, but it will be a whole lot better if they build the linking lifts and cut some wider pistes.

I notice that the Giro Del Trentino now rebadged as the Tour of the Alps is finishing in Lienz today having travelled along the 3Zinnen valley past Sillian. I believe there's live coverage http://www.pmgsport.it/ this afternoon if anyone fancies a look.
ski holidays
Shame to see all that lovely snow in the right places but now unused. How we'll mourn that across the alps come next Christmas Laughing
latest report
Peter S wrote:

Be optimistic - next season!

I suppose realistically though the answer may well still be yes - for example the snowmaggedon season probably had the same sort of long lasting coverage (although I cannot claim to have actually checked the facts) and that was not too many years ago.

Regardless, every time I've been, I've had a blast - long may that continue Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy