Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fastest snowHead on skis

Poster: A snowHead
Well, I guess 1 post back in 2005 makes Graham Bell a snowHead!!

Set a new world record.

http://youtube.com/v/7Y05TzZ44WY

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/athletics/olympic-skier-graham-bell-smashes-11280982
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Static Squat at that speed......... THE BBUUUURRNNNNNNN Makes my eyes water thinking of the pain! Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doesn't surprise me he is proper bonkers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret wrote:
Doesn't surprise me he is proper bonkers

Isn't that a prerequisite for a downhill skier?
Impressive nonetheless.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess he operates in the same way as Guy Martin, both having operated at the top end of a speed sport, everything else is a little boring, so he goes looking for extreme thrills.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@HossDoc, I was skiing with him a few years ago and he was real keen to have a go at the flying K record but he thought his body shape wasn't aerodynamic enough after training with the world record holder. Interesting conversation and even back then was talking about towed skiing ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
forgot I had a selfie with his mate Simone the fastest man on skis

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Something tells me that whilst his skis are touching the floor yours are not...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Needs a taller Gondola me thinks Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tubaski, being a bit cheeky ... He had like 10 pairs that he was running in the wax on.. I seem to recall 231 in length
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh i thought it was proper speed skiing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skimottaret, and you've not got one with Graham himself. (well to be fair it's not me, just junior junior ansta1, but I did take it).

Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ansta1, Funny enough bumped into Graham yesterday in Tignes and had a good catch up with him over breakfast. He recons that he could go much faster and it was the car that limited the speed Toofy Grin Toofy Grin stay tuned for a new record at some point
Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PowderAdict wrote:
I guess he operates in the same way as Guy Martin, both having operated at the top end of a speed sport, everything else is a little boring, so he goes looking for extreme thrills.

Guy Martin is nuts. A friend of mine used to sponsor him. http://www.solentsci.com/article.htm?articleid=158
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret wrote:
@ansta1, Funny enough bumped into Graham yesterday in Tignes and had a good catch up with him over breakfast. He recons that he could go much faster and it was the car that limited the speed Toofy Grin Toofy Grin stay tuned for a new record at some point
Shocked

Should have used a Tesla 💨
snow conditions
Skied a few lifts with him in Zurs last year (or was it one before?) anyway really nice guy, pretty good skier too!
snow conditions
Quote:

Static Squat at that speed......... THE BBUUUURRNNNNNNN Makes my eyes water thinking of the pain!

@PaulC1984,

got me thinking that.....why is it any more burn from that static squat than at a slower speed, OK the wind resistance is more but theres no more drag from the snow is there.......?

serious question - does it make a difference?
ski holidays
Last year I hit 60 MPH according to my GPS tracker.
snow report
Quote:

got me thinking that.....why is it any more burn from that static squat than at a slower speed, OK the wind resistance is more but theres no more drag from the snow is there.......?

serious question - does it make a difference?

There will be more drag from the snow but that might just be more a case of balance than effort required from the muscles.

The energy that has to be absorbed from each little bump must become quite significant though. I'd have thought that would have an impact.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy