Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix season pass pricing announced

Poster: A snowHead
The pre-sale prices for previous pass holders have just been released.

Couple MBU €1556 (last year 1524)
Individual MBU €819 (anyone know last year's price? I only buy kids and couples so don't have any record)
Kids MBU (5-25, seems a wider range than before?) €696 (683 last year)

Requires purchase 2/10/17 to 20/10/17. Thereafter about €40 per person more until 30/11 (advance discount, but doesn't require last season's pass) when the price roofs it to about €2.2k/person!

I'm not clear as to whether the resident discount still exists, or if its all about prior-year pass ownership.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowdave, I think either resident or prior year card worked last year but wasn't paying so much attention, qualifying on both.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And typical above inflation increase. I wonder what their target is?

I look at the Grand Massif and have to wonder if I don't ski in the wrong place. End of season Grands Montets was both chaotic and IMv unsafe last year. Mind you, Flaine full of Brits is equally dodgy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowdave, just out of curiosity, did you have a resident pass last year, or just a season pass? One of my fellow non resident seasonaires just received the same email. However, we all paid something like 960€ when renewing last year. I suspect these are the local rates, but would love to be pleasantly surprised.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, it clearly says, "* : Prices for buyers of the Season/Annual 2016/2017 Pass"

I think the EU or France passed a law a few years back preventing preferential pricing to residents.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
And typical above inflation increase. I wonder what their target is?

I look at the Grand Massif and have to wonder if I don't ski in the wrong place. End of season Grands Montets was both chaotic and IMv unsafe last year.

I'm the first to say that I love Chamonix but I didn't ski there this year (which is rare for me) basically because I feel like everything is really expensive, and with it being a low, yet popular resort; it just spends so much of the season being quite un-fun, with too many people trying to ski on too little snow.

Italy was an education for me this year. Everyone is really nice, and the Dolomiti Superski pass is just much better value for money. And you can have lunch on the mountain for less than the price of a new pair of skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dp, out of school hols Brevent-Flegere and La Tour are generally pretty quiet.

Last winter we spent rather more time than expected in Champoluc; for a host of reasons. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Italy has much to like. Not least the food and value for money.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It looks like I won’t get the cheaper prices this year, as I didn’t get a season or annual pass last year (did the 2 years before that), boo – just paid as I went (and had some buyclub passes Wink) as I wasn’t in Chamonix enough to justify it.

I actually don’t find Chamonix too expensive, or the skiing too restrictive or limited, as long as I avoid the school holidays like @under a new name says. This winter I intend to make full use of being able to access all the other areas, which I’ve not done in the past as much as I should have.

But in the end, it’s not all about the skiing – I return to Chamonix because that’s where my friends live and ski. Plus the very easy access from Geneva airport, and the excellent co-working spaces – makes combining working and skiing much easier for me!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fixx, The town is what attracts me back for sure. Not just knowing people there, it's also just that the town is full of skiers and mountaineers. Not 'Brits Abroad' behaving like they're in Magaluf. Oh and I quite like that the town is flat too, walking around say, VT, is blurdy knackering.

@under a new name, I didn't actually complain that it was busy, so I'm not sure why you've answered as though I did. I just complained that there's too many people trying to ski not enough snow (as in the actual white stuff, not the size of area. The snowfall in recent years, IMO, has been insufficient to entertain the number of people who want to play in it).

Don't get me wrong , I can enjoy all the areas (Brevent-Flegere being my choice generally) out of holiday time, and make use of the surrounding areas that the MBU pass gets you access to (big fan of Evasion and Courmeyeur, also quite enjoy Les Houches). I will be back in Cham for sure. But as I said - and you indeed alluded to - you cannot deny the value that the Dolomites offer. Previously Cham was my go-to resort, I think I'm becoming an Italian convert and will treat Chamonix as more of a treat. I just can't afford it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dp, I don't think it's unreasonable to read "busy" into "too many people, not enough snow". Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HammondR, I had resident annual pass last year, the prices I've quoted above are annual, rather than season.

Whilst I'm not going to argue the passes are cheap, it's worth bearing in mind the scale of year round activities, not just summer but spring and autumn, when many resorts are shut completely.

Personally, I still think it's good value for the fun I get. Maybe pricey relative to other ski resorts, but standalone it's under e20 per day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah OK I kinda meant that it gets used up quick not that it's actually brimming with people all day

you know what I'm not really sure what I actually meant
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowdave, Wasn't suggesting that the passes were bad or good value. This winter will be my fourth consecutive season in Chamonix. I was just nonplussed at the idea of the CdMB charging me 140€ less than last year. There must be a catch.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HammondR wrote:
@snowdave, Wasn't suggesting that the passes were bad or good value. This winter will be my fourth consecutive season in Chamonix. I was just nonplussed at the idea of the CdMB charging me 140€ less than last year. There must be a catch.

Perhaps they're just trying to be a little more competitive. Our area pass was CHF950 last year. This year? CHF666.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowdave wrote:
The pre-sale prices for previous pass holders have just been released.

Couple MBU €1556 (last year 1524)
Individual MBU €819 (anyone know last year's price? I only buy kids and couples so don't have any record)
Kids MBU (5-25, seems a wider range than before?) €696 (683 last year)

Requires purchase 2/10/17 to 20/10/17. Thereafter about €40 per person more until 30/11 (advance discount, but doesn't require last season's pass) when the price roofs it to about €2.2k/person!

I'm not clear as to whether the resident discount still exists, or if its all about prior-year pass ownership.

Hi All
Thanks for this.
So does this mean the advance discount prices will be available after 20/10/17.
I'm looking for the Winter season Individual MBU with no previous season or resident discount. I can't see a listing for this yet.

Thanks

Adrian
snow report
HammondR wrote:
@snowdave, just out of curiosity, did you have a resident pass last year, or just a season pass? One of my fellow non resident seasonaires just received the same email. However, we all paid something like 960€ when renewing last year. I suspect these are the local rates, but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Just received second email from CMB still advertising the annual MB Unlimited pass at €819 for the early bird (2/10/17 - 20/10/17) buyers of last years season or annual passes and €861 for early bird (21/10/17 - 30/11/17) non buyers of pass last year. After that full price is €2184. Those are all the adult prices.

Strangely enough on their site I can still find no mention of Winter pricing and I've still received no offer for season pass. Might have to give them a ring and find out what's happening. Maybe they're not doing season passes next season and only annual passes?

Still since I paid €960 for the mega early bird season pass last year I'll not shed too many tears if I have to buy an annual pass next season at €819.
snow report
Thanks @MadMountainMan, they are decent prices this year, very happy.
ski holidays
Okay, so I rang up CMB this morning and they told me that the season pass offer for people who had one last year would not be until later in October and that "she could not give me the price over the phone" but did assure me it would be less than the annual pass.
ski holidays
Hi all - just booked a place in Chamonix for the season. For someone currently based in the UK, what / where is the best place to book a pass?
snow report
Online. I believe they post it out to you. Before 20 October if buying annual.
snow report
I was sent the following link for CMB when I told them I had not received the email.

http://clubprive.montblancnaturalresort.com/

I managed to buy the pass at 819 and only had to put my internet code on the back of last years pass.

Last year I was a newbie to chamonix and paid €1009 so loved the saving.

I'm in Chamonix from 7th January and happy to ski with anyone.
snow conditions
@chrise1967, do you ski uphill and down, or just down?
ski holidays
Mainly down but will skin for rewards.
snow report
I have now had a much clearer picture from the CMB.

The special price for holders of last year's season or annual passes now ONLY applies for the purchase of annual passes. Otherwise the normal earlybird price from 21/10/17 applies for season passes which is over €1000. So if you had a season or annual pass last year, this year you are significantly better off buying an annual pass at €819.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy