Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mont Blanc Unlimited - Is Les Contamines no longer included?

Poster: A snowHead
I was just in the process of purchasing my Annual pass and noticed that the MB Evasion area is covered only with departure from Saint Gervais or Megeve. Am I reading this correctly that Les Contamines is thus no longer included in the pass?

Cheers

Rob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@IwishIcouldski,
According to the Ski Megeve website (link below) the season pass ◾EVASION MONT BLANC (400km of slopes) includes:
Megève (Rochebrune, Mont d’Arbois, Jaillet)
Saint Gervais
Saint Nicolas de Véroce
Combloux
La Giettaz
Les Contamines
It also includes 3 coupons to 'discover other resorts in Haute Savoie' but I'm unclear which. Presumably gives 3 separate day passes.
http://ski-megeve.megeve.com/Accueil/page.aspx?PAGE=1472&PO=396&LC=EN
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@IwishIcouldski, i haven’t checked but I understand it’s covered you just have to register/whatever your pass in St-G or megeve.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the same link that @intermediate posted, if you click there on the section for "Mont Blanc Unlimited", it lists:

Quote:
VALIDITY AREA
MEGÈVE AND MORE
Megève (Rochebrune, Cote 2000, Mont d'Arbois, Princesse), Saint Gervais, Saint Nicolas de Véroce, Les Contamines
CHAMONIX MONT BLANC VALLEY - MORE INFORMATION
Aiguille du Midi (Step into the Void® and Vallée Blanche)
Montenvers - Mer de Glace railway
Ski areas : Grands Montets (top include), Brévent-Flégère, Balme (Tour/Vallorcine) and les Houches/Saint Gervais
Tramway du Mont Blanc
COURMAYEUR SKI AREA - MORE INFORMATION
FUNIVIE MONTE BIANCO - SKYWAY - MORE INFORMATION
VERBIER 4 VALLÉES (UNDER CONDITIONS) - MORE INFORMATION

Phew! I'd be gutted without Les Contamines.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@fixx, I think the Mont Blanc Unlimited season pass costs over 350 euros more than the Evasion Mont Blanc one. Great value if you planned to try those additional areas out though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But not Combloux, etc.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, hadn't noticed that. Seems odd to exclude Combloux and La Giettaz. Any idea why?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooooh good spot.

@intermediate, I'll be in Chamonix (well, as much as I can, annoyingly have to keep working a lot in the UK over the winter) so will def be using the Chamonix areas Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fixx,
Quote:

@intermediate, I'll be in Chamonix (well, as much as I can, annoyingly have to keep working a lot in the UK over the winter)

I'll happily nip over and use your season pass while you're back in UK working if you like wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A quick question to anyone who can help:

Just renewed the family's MBU annual passes online. For the first time it accepted my previous pass 'internet' numbers and just charged us for a 'rechargement'.

So now my question is; Is that it, do I just use the old passes into next season/year despite their having 30.11.17 expiry written on them, or do I still have to go to Montenvers and have them reprint details onto the cards?

Hoping someone did this last year and knows. I tried but the system refused to accept my numbers last year so CdMB charged me an extra €9 for cards and posted them out to me.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@midgetbiker,
that's exactly what you do. I did it last year. It isn't all plain sailing however. When visiting outposts such as Courmayeur you also need a valid receipt to confirm that it is really a 2017/18 card. I think I was asked for the receipt every time I went up the Skyway. I always had the receipt with the card for occasions such as that, and Verbier, and for using one of the freebies in Chatel, La Clusaz and the like.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HammondR, thanks. Maybe it's worth calling at Montenver anyway when it's quiet in Nov and asking if they'll overprint the card with a fresh expiry date.

When I went to Courmayeur, Contamines etc last year they never asked for the receipt once (though I had taken it).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@midgetbiker, that’s what we did last year. I think...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have called the CbMB office as I have not received an email for this years office. They said said they have sent the email but no luck yet. Does anybody have the link they could post here? Many thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chrise1967,
Let's see if this works!

http://clubprive.montblancnaturalresort.com/fr/?pk_campaign=club-prive-2017&utm_campaign=490527836f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_19&utm_medium=email&utm_source=PROMO%201%20-%201er%20Jour&utm_term=0_e5dc9073a1-490527836f-64796637

I am progressing into the 1980's technology wise.
ski holidays
Thanks that's what I needed. Lift Pass purchased.
Cheers
Chris
snow report
under a new name wrote:
But not Combloux, etc.

Just looked at my order confirmation and the unlimited pass includes "Evasion Mont-Blanc: Megève, Saint-Gervais, Saint-Nicolas,Les Contamines, Les Portes du Mont-Blanc.". Unless I am much mistaken, Les Portes du MB includes Combloux amongst others.
snow report
@HammondR, there’s a specific exemption for that side of the valley, if I was paying enough attention.

So at least on my annual it’s not the full PdMB
snow conditions
In fact that's not quite the case. MBU covers Evasion Mont Blanc and not PdMB.

Removed huge map. Also see new comment below.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 20-10-17 10:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Isn't Les Portes du Mont Blacn a sub area of Evasion Mont-Blanc? i.e. if you the Evasion Mont-Blanc area, that includes access to PdMB area?
snow conditions
OK, further reading looks like I'm quite wrong. But hey, more terrain, so that's good right?

I am quite, quite 100% sure that when I first looked at pass coverage in, like, August, even before prices were released that there was a specific exclusion meaning that despite PdMB being included in EMB, it wasn't included on the CMB passes. It made some warped valley politics sense as the PdMB is a sub area and you can just image the revenue share arguments "discussions", "Putain!"

Current information including the coverage map from CMB has full EMB access.

Tant Mieux.
ski holidays
@under a new name, On my Confirmation de Votre Commande (Oct 2nd 2017):

ACCES au domaine skiable Evasion Mont-Blanc* (avec un forfait MONT BLANC Unlimited saison ou année en cours de validité) en illimité. <
Pour accéder aux installations du domaine Evasion Mont Blanc, présentez impérativement votre forfait aux caisses de Megève ou Saint Gervais avec votre justificatif d'achat, lors de votre 1er passage pour charger l’extension.

*Evasion Mont-Blanc : Megève, Saint-Gervais, Saint-Nicolas, Les Contamines.

*ATTENTION Les Portes du Mont-Blanc : Combloux, Megève Le Jaillet, La Giettaz, Cordon ne sont pas inclus dans le périmètre du forfait. <
snow report
@Mac46, ooooh, very interesting. And a real shame - not sure what it is about it, but I really like Combloux in particular.
ski holidays
I bought my annual pass on 15th oct and pdmb is explicitly INCLUDED on my confirmation email!

"*Evasion Mont-Blanc: Megève, Saint-Gervais, Saint-Nicolas,Les Contamines, Les Portes du Mont-Blanc."
snow report
@Mac46, hah!! I thought I’d seen that.

Maybe things have changed. Map MBU coverage. LOOKS like Combloux, Giettaz included http://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/preventes-forfaits
snow conditions
@snowdave, Congratulations! Enjoy!
@under a new name, Well at those rates they should give you private parking too!
snow report
@Mac46, as a couple for an annual pass it’s not terrible ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy