Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like they're trying to get the Glacier open

Hopefully I'll get up there next week just to have a look at the views

http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/le-glacier
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like a stunner of a day. And the forecast is looking promising (at the moment) for next week!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the glacier webcam, I am sure that small hut to the left wasn't there earlier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know if the lunch eateries cater for Gluten Free folks?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much the same as yesterday Blue sky, loads of snow, lower down much better today but still hard packed. The return to Montalbert on the Gentil slope is perfectly acceptable.
For those interested in the roads - the maintenance teams are working hard, today it looked like they were concentrating on forming pavements!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The snow on the roof of this bar under the Colorado chairlift in
la Plagne Centre gives you some idea of the recent snowfall levels!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plenty of off piste left untracked, at this height it is still lovely soft snow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gratuitous Beer, Blue Sky snow and Courchevel in the background from Borselier photo

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, could you stop with the photos....

You are making this week go even slower! Haha.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Please save some of that blue sky for next week. We arrive, hopefully, on Saturday.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fecking right. Looks like a little more snow Friday and Saturday ready for first day Sunday
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The best thing about next week's forecast is the lack of wind (at least for the early part of the week).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What happened to my post. Or did i breach some posting guidance there
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
grahamt1980 wrote:
What happened to my post. Or did i breach some posting guidance there

I believe that there are some automatic word-replacement features on the forum that block swearing (even mild forms that are used as terms of endearment where I live)

eg bugg** is automatically shortened to bug
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another bright sunny day - ideal to drive to Geneva airport to collect one of my lovely daughters, nothing much to report really except my surprise at how many obvious 'boys long weekend skiers' were arriving - I assume long weekend - otherwise why would a Thursday 11.00am be so busy with groups of 'lads' with ski gear?
Went via Annecy and indeed the Lake is very full, slightly overlapping the cycle path in a couple of places. The local papers are warning of flood risks after the heavy snowfall and now warm temps - it was nearly 8c when we got back to Monty at 2.00pm. The tunnel at Moutier was slightly flooded as well with one lane closed.

Clouded over completely now, but forecast says sunny and cloudy tomorrow, my little weather station which is dubious at best says snow... snowHead

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 25-01-18 22:10; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Going to be out there staying in Le France next Saturday for 8 days and the forecast looks amazing - I am sooo looking forward to it.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Another bright sunny day - ideal to drive to Geneva airport to collect one of my lovely daughters, nothing much to report really except my surprise at how many obvious 'boys long weekend skiers' were arriving - I assume long weekend - otherwise why would a Thursday 11.00am be so busy with groups of 'lads' with ski gear?
Went via Annecy and indeed the Lake is very full, slightly overlapping the cycle path in a couple of places. The local papers are warning of flood risks after the heavy snowfall and now warm temps - it was nearly 8c when we got back to Monty at 2.00pm. The tunnel at Moutier was slightly flooded as well with one lane closed.

Clouded over completely now, but forecast says sunny and cloudy tomorrow, my little weather station which is dubious at best says snow... snowHead

There is at least one company that just does short breaks, Thursday to Monday and Monday to Thursday, so as well as people booking long weekends, there are a lot of people that arrive around that time for SkiWeekends Smile
latest report
I am staying Plagne 1800 and looking for a hire shop that rents Burton Riglet or Afterschool snowboards, if anybody has any pointers in Plagne 1800 or Plagne central that would be most appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays
Radio La Plagne is now putting its weather forecast on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/laradiostation.fr/photos/a.746374702136847.1073741828.705492182891766/1588245171283125/?type=3&theater
ski holidays
Bit cloudy mid morning
ski holidays
Got lighter later forecast was cloudy with sunny spells, so it was normal goggles then low light then normal...
latest report
Gratuitous skier on barn roof photo (Geisha piste)

snow report
Can anyone recommend a decent place for dinner near to Plagne Village?

Nothing to fancy. Just good grub at a reasonable price.
snow report
@Fridge03,
boredsurfin wrote:
Le Chairlift's new menu .... in Plagne Village

Depends what you call a reasonable price I guess...
snow report
boredsurfin, we were down by that Geisha hut yesterday, but i chickened out of the run up onto the roof - looked a bit bumpy. I'm turning into a Woos Sad .
ski holidays
Envers opening Today...

https://www.facebook.com/laradiostation.fr/posts/1589299454511030
snow report
Well spotted thefatcontroller, but still won't believe until actually sat on it. A year and 2 months late. But will be good to avoid the run down to La Roche.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Envers opening Today...

https://www.facebook.com/laradiostation.fr/posts/1589299454511030

I guess that they know I'm arriving tomorrow Little Angel

If conditions allow, news of Envers opening makes it more likely that I'll finally make it to Monty
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

My second ride on it 😀
One first thing this morning and one in the summer before it rather abruptly closed until now!

Churlish to complain I know, but the seats are rock hard with no cushions reminds us of the good old days on Vega!
ski holidays
Anyway, the weather was spot on again - cloudy first thing and then full on blue sky and sunshine for the rest of the day
On the way back the cloud inversion looked like waves of cloud washing up on La Roche Haute
snow report
and finally for this week
Gratuitous 3 skiers on a barn roof photo. snowHead
snow report
Amazing conditions today. Getting mogully on a fair number of blues and pretty busy at the usual spots.
Hoping it gets quieter tomorrow
snow report
Glorious day today, playing around on the slopes above Montalbert - what a lovely area.

Won't make the mistake of trying the Pravendue piste again, though rolling eyes .
ski holidays
@Alastair, It's only a 50m walk uphill Very Happy (I did mention earlier in this thread wink )

Hopefully whilst playing in the area you came across the Forperet restaurant on the Gentil piste ....
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, I clearly need to read the whole thread!
latest report
greetings from Plagne Soleil

snow report
So, boredsurfin, Envers really has opened at last! About time!
But no comfy cushions? Next you'll be telling me they're not heated, or there's no laptop in front of each seat. Or - god forbid - they don't provide coffee as you get on? Whatever next?!?
snow conditions
So warm today, decided on a light day today and the sat on the terrace at the hotel carina and watched some of the retro outfits going past
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:

Hopefully whilst playing in the area you came across the Forperet restaurant on the Gentil piste ....

Spotted it today on the way past but didn't stop to eat as it was busy and I normally avoid stopping at lunchtime. It's in a lovely spot and on my list of places to visit.
snow conditions
Great conditions today. Spent the morning over on the Rossas and the afternoon on the top part of Mont Blanc and Arpette

My friends enjoyed the FunZone that’s replaced one of the Arpette pistes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy