Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
fingers crossed.
shall we be the first on come Saturday?
(Memo to self: must remember the chocky Hobnobs Smile )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin wrote:
News just in from LST the manufacturers of the 'new' Envers chairlift
It will be ready to open for the Christmas Holidays BUT they are awaiting Government approvals....

Where did you see that ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My son's just texted to say that they spent the morning in Plagne Villages digging snow away from doors and that one fire exit was shoulder deep. Will there be enough to open the resort on Saturday? Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eblunt, its on Facebook, I suspect government approval will be granted in the spring, its probably LST's way of ducking a problem!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
honved wrote:
My son's just texted to say that they spent the morning in Plagne Villages digging snow away from doors and that one fire exit was shoulder deep. Will there be enough to open the resort on Saturday? Cool

Toofy Grin

Official figures now 220/90/40 @3250m/2000m/1250m with more forecast for Thursday & Friday. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The new Restaurant in Montalbert has a website...

www.unionmontalbert.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll try again. I wrote a lovely long post with photos earlier and then the computer had apparently logged me out!! Here goes. Short post with photos!

Plagne Centre with snow ploughs coming down - I've been out all day, so haven't seen if they've done the pistes in Centre

IMG_8524 by smixxy smixxster, on Flickr

View from outside Spar

IMG_8536 by smixxy smixxster, on Flickr

LOADS of snow to clear from the building where the Oxygene ski school is -

IMG_8539 by smixxy smixxster, on Flickr

And, a gratuitous shot of the view from Centre over the valley!

IMG_8545 by smixxy smixxster, on Flickr
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chaletgirl,
Gratuitous: "done without good reason; uncalled for".
Don't think your picture is Gratuitous at all.
Its a lovely picture. More please.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOL. That's from just up the road from my apartment. I could post pics from my window forever, but it would get boring!! I'll find some more later. The sun is out today and the pistes into Centre are mostly pisted. Looks like they are setting up for the Yeti racing at the weekend Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecast shows more snow from Wed PM, so check out the webcams this morning for spectacular views and blue skies

Great pics chaletgirl
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, @redsox, the whole of La Plagne is looking really lovely this morning in the bright sunshine with snow everywhere.
As good is any time the whole of last season
And, as you say, more snow forecast.
Salivating snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For only the second time in the last decade we won't be heading up an Alp on Boxing Day.

Looks like that would have been a perfect time to be in LP this season
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Damn. Been doing paperwork all morning with a plan to go out on the way to Bourg and get some lush blue sky pics for you guys of Centre (instead of the grey ones!)

Now I'm on my way out, its clouded over. Sorry! Will try harder next time the sun comes out!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its snowing again! Been snowing all evening Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So much snow we can't get into our chalets without shovels - this is going to be a very very good season!
ski holidays
Still no Piste map?!?! Come on SAP, we need our fix and the season starts in 2 days!!
snow conditions
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
So much snow we can't get into our chalets without shovels - this is going to be a very very good season!

snowHead Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Its still snowing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Not sure the guy I work with is so chuffed as he's off to GVA this evening to drop off at Les Menuires Little Angel But I'm sure he'll be fine Very Happy Very Happy

I'm sat doing paperwork looking out at the snow and grinning.

It doesn't seem to matter how many seasons or how often it snows. It makes me grin everytime Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
I'm heading out there this Saturday, so as you can imagine I've been watching this thread with a smile! Very Happy
latest report
It'll be awesome Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@chopkins13, the Paradiski map at https://en.lesarcs.com/piste-map.html has 2017/18 updated Les Arcs lifts on, maybe it is good for LP too?
snow report
@Arctic Roll, thanks, it's certainly more up to date than the one on the La plagne site! Has the "will it ever open" Envers lift on but doesn't seem to reflect the work up at Apette and Crozats just yet.

Looking forward to getting a paper copy in my hands on January.
snow report
@chopkins13, yes the new crozats and moving floor thing are on as well. Plus old lift taken off. I hope it opens on time! Looking good for Saturday.
snow report
Avalanche Clearance above La Clusaz
https://www.facebook.com/severeweatherEU/videos/2133942976828792/
credit:Severe Weather Facebook
snow report

35cm of fresh snow yesterday up at the glacier. Current snow depths are 270cm at 3250 metres, 110cm at 2000 metres and 50cm at 1250 metres with everything due to open tomorrow. Laughing
Everything looks very wintry at the moment, plenty more views of the snow in Champagny here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3148230#3148230

Now where did I put that lift pass?
latest report
does anybody know any rough prices for the colorado luge/bobsleigh in la plagne? struggling to see anything online Smile
snow conditions
7 euro 1 run, 30 euro 5 runs
ski holidays
or 4 Eden points if you have a season pass and registered it with Eden ski.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
43 days! Can't wait!
snow report
jarjer wrote:
7 euro 1 run, 30 euro 5 runs

thanks! that's more reasonable than I expected - didn't want to mention it to my kids until i knew whether it fell within budget ha
snow report
Quote:

thanks! that's more reasonable than I expected - didn't want to mention it to my kids until i knew whether it fell within budget ha

I think they have to be over 140cm
latest report
i think he's pretty much bang on that - i will tell him to spike his hair up! have you done it? worth bothering with?
snow report
Never got round to it, hopefully this time, saw a youtube suggesting its 125cm but current skipass website says 140cm.

Plenty of snow for it this year anyway.
snow conditions
@essexskier, there used to be one down the Arpette but that was definitely more 'extreme' if you let the sledge run. The Colorado luge is a lot more suited to kids and has plenty of flat run off bits.
snow conditions
Arrived yesterday. Cold. Apartment good impression of fridge.
But skiing today perfect. Trickle of snow all day. Cold. Pistes in super condition. Lots of lovely fluffy stuff off to the side. Envers not running. Were first customers in new place top of Montalbert gondola. Still chaotic at 1200. But looked good.
Now late lunch in crowded Bergerie. snowHead
ski holidays
N@Jonpim, how's all the work at the top of Arpette looking? New lift and carpet far off running?
snow report
chopkins13, didn't get that far. Wine and tartiflette plus meeting up with old friends rather finished off the day.
But new Bergerie extension looks excellent - they hope to open next Friday.
latest report
@Jonpim - let me know if you fancy meeting up in the week. Would be ace to meet you guys Very Happy
latest report
Resort open and some of the webcams go down (and a couple of others with ice on them) Sad
snow report
Another great day, only marred by people everywhere - don't they know this is our exclusive resort?!?
And temperature dropped markedly at midday.
Experience so far:
1. Avoid new place at top of Montalbert gondola. Gave it a second try after yesterday's chaos. Hot chocky machine not working. Second rate warm ( definitely not hot) coffee from machine cost 4.5 euros Shocked . Loos not properly finished: no loo roll holder, no hand dryer or towel dispenser. One urinal space empty. Won't be going again.
2. Envers lift not going.
3. Piste map still last winter's.
4. New Crozat running today (wasn't yesterday) and working well. A definite improvement.
5. New Arpette moving carpet not working.
6. Carlina is super place for cozy leisurely lunch. Will happily go again.

And chaletgirl, will try and make it to Les Mines, but we are slaving hard here in The Fridge (aka our apartment) trying to get it livable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy