Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone wear a belt?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm wondering if I'm a bit out of date. I wear salopettes rather than trousers which, of course, have integral braces. Are they not the latest thing or should I be upgrading to an all in one?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ultimate answer is of course one-piece ski suit or fartbag.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
belt and braces. mammut belt (swiss - all over the place in ski shops), one size fits all. waxed webbing. indestructible. cost about €15 2 years ago. great buy. will see out my lifetime (plenty of that to go, hopefully).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well my Prada ski pants came with a matching belt 😉
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wear a kind of stretch elasticated belt, good for being able to move around so not constrictive but sturdy enough to hold your pants up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Matrski Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roguevfr wrote:
The ultimate answer is of course one-piece ski suit or fartbag.

Now you mention it....

There is always Red7 Ski Wear: -

Belt? What belt! Razz

PS. If image is on the too large size, sorry! Posted from mobile.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just use an old shoelace!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Izzop, as many have stated: any old belt will do. I use simple leather belt.
Interesting you thought you might need some special belt.
The Manufacturers and Fashion Police have convinced most of us that we need special clothes for skiing.
Me included.
It was not so in the olden days: just usual clothes and add a jumper
(and, yes, i do of course wear plus-fours as daily wear Toofy Grin )
Interesting that more and more yoof - especially boarders - are not buying into this.
I used to think those skiing in jeans were the stupid ones. Now i'm not so sure.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim wrote:
... I used to think those skiing in jeans were the stupid ones. Now i'm not so sure.

I doubt anyone who's worn fashionable ski gear (which is likely everyone here) would have much right to tell anyone what looks stupid. If it matters.
Personally I like the concept of ski pants designed to look like jeans, except all the ones I've seen have been for obese people.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, philwig, methinks you may misunderstand. Not ski pants that look like jeans, but jeans that are jeans.
As discussed here: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-considered-not-ok-to-wear-jeans-while-skiing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wink I did get that 1st time. Wearing jeans in seriously cold conditions doesn't work too well, hence I like the idea of the fake jeans. That way you could look "stupid" whilst not actually being stupid.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Currently using a bit of 10mm bungee cord that I simply tie in a reef knot at the start of the day. It expands and contracts as I flex my core, unlike leather or inelastic fabric. Avoid using bungee with metal hooks since these could be nasty in a fall.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you,philwig, seems i'm the slow one here.
Actually, for me, part of the fun of skiing is dressing up - dressing up in bright colours.
I have blue jacket, orange pants, red helmet.
But wish i had the courage to wear some of the really garish outfits out there.
(Far too many ski outfits are boring black . . . )
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For Belts try and get hold of a "D" ring belt ... infinitely adjustable.

But braces are the way to go, having said that, I've often had to cross the braces over to the wrong shoulders to keep them up.

Bib and Brace style pants are the best, we used to call them Salopetts
latest report
@honved, the only time my core flexes is after a 12" Pizza and some gassy beer. But it's handy to know a bungee cord will expand and contract accordingly.

@Jonpim, is this classed as garish? https://www.dare2b.com/hurl-down-ski-jacket-blue-trail-blaze/ I do hope so. Toofy Grin
snow report
@Awdbugga that's not garish ... that's just ski uniform.
snow report
@DrLawn, Bugga. How about if I've got a matching blue and orange Miami Dolphins beanie and fluorescent orange ski poles? Is that pushing "garish"?
snow conditions
I'm a belt and braces man myself (who can't believe the length of this thread!).
ski holidays
Reading with interest as my trousers have poppers that unpop when skiing dynamically! I had sallopettes last year and the bloody straps kept slipping off my shoulder - drove me mad!

On the trousers-sallopett-ski suit debate I came across someone wearing one of these at the Chill Factore:

https://www.oneskee.com/mens-ski-suits

Cross between a onesee and a ski suit- looks weird but I bet it's comfy!
ski holidays
Thornyhill wrote:
@Matrski, You are a bad person

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can attest to this being true!
ski holidays
This may hurt your eyes, my Dad sporting a onesie with belt in approx 1995. He's still got the boots and the Volkl Renntigers. Wish I could say the same for my Raichles, although I do still have the top.
ski holidays
Awdbugga, you are a handsome lad, aren't you - especially like the lipstick Toofy Grin
And DrLawn is a bit harsh - i would rate that outfit as wonderful (and definitely garish), and a bargain at £38.95.
(Sorry for late reply: been away sorting out apartment in closed resort with no internet)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy