Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton ski testing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to St Anton for the first time at the end of Jan which is probably my first trip of the season. Which are the best shops for ski testing?, is it the usual arrangement of being able to hire skis for the day and swap them after a couple of hours and get the hire fee back if you buy some?. Is there a good range? I'm looking for some higher end all mountain / offpiste skis, do they often have discounted last years model skis?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have always used Jennewein. Whilst in theory you have only 3 days to test the skis, and presumably have to pay if you then don’t buy, they have always been flexible with us. That said, over the course of some 16 years, we have bought a lot of gear from them.

I have swapped skis after an hour, when it was clear that is was neither love at first sight or a longer term relationship would change my mind.

Jennewein has as good a range as any shop in town - it is quite broad.

Jürgen, at the Nasserein store, is my go-to man.

Alber also has a decent range, but no experience of them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another +1 for Jennewein. Had stuff from them, plenty to chose from and they know their stuff.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another +1 for Jennewien as the the most helpful shop. In January I managed to lose my goggle bag and went to a neighbouring shop asking if they had any. They didn't and I was made to feel stupid for even asking. I went to Jennewien and was handed one for free.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for Jennewien. They have a shop up the mountain, so you can test two or three pairs without having to return to the village. They will ship the alternative skis for a changeover at the top. They always give us a good deal when we ask. Though like Ulmerhutte we have spent loads there over the years.
Have a good holiday.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh and if you’re looking for ski lockers (should you be staying out of town) they are the best in town for ease of access, (no stairs) and space to sit with elbow room. Also good clean loo on same level. There is no self service to stored boots or skis, so better security and the boot section will usually look after a airbag/rucksack whist you go for a beer.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Nasserein they are completely rebuilding Intersport Shop this summer
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Suzi snowflake wrote:
Another vote for Jennewien. They have a shop up the mountain....

FYI, Jennewein has 3 shops: the main store is opposite West Terminal / Rendl Talstation, the mountain store is at the top of the Galzigbahn, and another at the bottom of Nassereinbahn.

One of the best boot-fitters in the village, Roland, works at the main store.

And no, I do not have any connection with the business! They have always given me great service and good prices, so I am just returning the favour. 😀
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is also a ski hire/storage place directly opposite the Galzigbahn, next door to the Grunbeck. Not a shop as such, but does sell a few bits and bobs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy