Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel ski lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya,

I am almost ready to book our family holiday to Courchevel next Easter. I just want to check out the lesson options before i commit.

We have two children who will be 9 and 11 years. They have done two weeks of private lessons (just the two of them for 2 hours a day) with ESF in Morillon and also a fair bit of dry slope skiing. I liked the private lessons for them as they were together and didnt get sent up lifts on their own. The 2 hours works well for us to have a bit of a blast around on our own but on the whole we really enjoy skiing with them so are not really going to need much more than this. I think we would consider group lessons now they are a bit older but they do like to be together so im not sure how this would work.

In Morillon there was only really a choice of ESF (who were fab) but I think Courchevel have lots more choice? I would love to hear some recommendations.

The apartment we have found is in 1550 so we could meet there or 1850. Or anywhere really.

My husband is also quite fancying a 1:1 lesson, maybe just a few hours to improve his red run confidence (we've fallen into a blue rut!). I might join him if it fits into the kids lesson time.

So, can anyone recommend any good ski schools in Courchevel??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recommend New Generation. We have used them many times in Courchevel for my daughter and always been happy with them. They tend to group the kids on ability so if your two are around the same level then they should be OK in the same group.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used Magic in Motion for our kids and also had a private. Very good, no issues. Seems they have now changed name. http://www.magic.ski/courchevel-ski-school/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Supreme are also good....I used a guy called Scott Frew.

https://supremeski.com/en/courchevel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Izzy Milne for privates, new gen for groups, Sweet Snowsports are all good instructors http://www.sweetsnowsports.com/the-team/izzy/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've also been a very happy repeat customer of Magic in Motion (now Oxygene) for kids group lessons.

I've also trained with instructors from Sweet Snowsports, and Marmalade too, which both might be a good option for the private lesson for your husband.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would like to add sweet snow sports to the list...Top notch english instructors, I have had some great lessons with mark in the past.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd add another vote for Sweet, used them past 2yrs with a very timid GF and helped her improve loads. booked some more lessons for January with Izzy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all! I am currently wading through all of your suggestions. Wow ski lessons in courchevel are expensive!!! We are looking at over double what we pain in Morillon at half term last year for less days! Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Massive +1 for Izzy, probably more suited to private lesson for your husband and yourself.
I had a private lesson with her at the PSB last year & she came up with exercises that worked on (improved) my weaknesses using my (few) strengths. Remarkable observational skills and an excellent tutor/instructor.
Worth every penny imho.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@breeze11, +1 for New Gen. Met close to main lifts in 1850, to the side of Croisette, when we used them a couple of years ago
Quote:

Wow ski lessons in courchevel are expensive!!!

Most things are expensive in Courchevel I'm afraid. But, nearer the time, snowHeads will be able to offer advice on best value food etc if you wanted it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skied with Jamie from tdc. I'm a huge fan: www.tdcski.com
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New Generation are very good, both private and group which are small.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another +1 for Supreme, they were fantastic with my son and he really loved his lessons. I had lessons with New Gen and they were OK but not great.

Lessons and most other things in Courchevel are eye wateringly expensive. The skiing is great but not been back due to the prices. Food in 1550 was cheaper and there's a good creperie near the bubble at 1550. Worth considering as a base though beware some places are a long schlep to the lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy