Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Softshell Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
I may be in the market for a new jacket and particularly like the thought of a softshell at the moment. Can anyone reccommend a decent one or a previous post? Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i got a really nice berghaus one last year, warm, light & comfortable to wear, can't remember the model, but they don't make many
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sharkymark, I like the look of the Patagonia ones...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
have a look at www.kjus.com I reckon they are the last word in tasty, I bought one at the start the season and I've NEVER been cold once. Not sure where you buy them in the UK but probably there will be a stockist in London. Not cheap but very well made and extremely warm when needed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, will take a look
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont know about the jackets Frosty, but that a tastey web site
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got nice black Rohan one thats compatible with their outer shell in a sale at blacks for £84 reduced from £99. Wore it evenings in -10 the other week - nice and warm, has its own stuff sack inside.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmmnnn, depends how you wear them. I use mine for golf and mild ski days and I need a good warmth layer with it.. although waterproof and windproof, they will not take the place of a good fleece. I certainly will not overheat in my Synchro so its good if you like running cool....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, I tend to get quite warm so that's not a problem
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like the hardshell (uninsulated) that I got from Patagonia this year (Stretch Element). If I hadn't gotten that one, I would have gotten the Dimension or something like that. Of course, I can't find them on the web site any more (they're moving to summer...).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This winter and last I have been skiing in Paramo clothing. Had been using their "Parameta S" shirts for several years as a base layer. Then I got a Tiaga fleece and an Alta jacket. Have not got the Paramo salopettes as my Killy pair still have plenty of life left in them. Thee three layers (shirt, fleece and jacket) keep me warm in all but the coldest days, ie -15C plus high wind.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sharkymark,

Arc'teryx do a good softshell, stocked in snow and rock, who also stock kjus.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haglofs Shark Pro. Received as present, wornt it skiing, hiking and it's fantastic. Looks brand new after 6 months of intensive use. Only caveat - it is a slim fit (as are most Arcterix models).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got a Mountain Hardware one in Whistler last year.

It's great for skiing but I use it as a smart jacket *all* the time. (Shopping, work, going walking...)

It still looks like new.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try the PARAMO kit it really is fantastic i swear by it now i have the aspira smock and i wear a mountain vent and cambia tshirt under it couldnt be warmer and wicks the sweat away so well not that i sweat you understand snowHead
snow report
Lots of ideas, tah very much
ski holidays
I might be a week late, but I just bought this winter Haglofs Sharkfin Hood - which seems to have been one of their bestseller. Tested it last week for the first time in condition varying from moderately heavy rain to sun (+3) to snowfall (-4) + considerable wind. Worked well, did not let water through and albeit me having too heavy midlayer, did not make me sweat too much. It has fantastic cooling vents and genuinely looks good.
ski holidays
lbt wrote:
I got a Mountain Hardware one in Whistler last year......it still looks like new.

Apart from the blood stains wink .
snow conditions
If you like 'em nicely fitted, then the Arc'Teryx Gamma SV is hard to beat.
snow report
...tried on an Arc' Teryx Stingray in S&R yesterday...big mistake. It's torture to wear a jacket so nice that costs so much. Guess I can justify it if I work a couple of weekends... Very Happy

Cheers for all the suggestions and keep 'em coming if you think of any others. TVM
latest report
Adrian, I have an Alta as well, and find that it is really good at keeping you 'just right' when skiing - never too warm or too cold. Do you not find that its just a bit too long for skiing in though?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy