Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lockers Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Are there ski lockers you can rent at Samoens that aren't part of a rental shop (I have my own skis)? I went to Les Carroz last year where they had fab lockers within the ski lift station so wondered if they had the same set up in Samoen. On a quick browse I can only see shops like Roland Gay with lockers. If there are lockers could you let me know how I can book them? Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having spent most of the last three seasons there, I haven't seen any. Although I can't say I ever specifically looked but I can't think of anywhere they could be located as the main gondola station is only small anyway. One of the ski shops at 1600 might have lockers which would save you lugging them up and down each day. There was also quite a bit of other construction going on up there too so you never know if they might have built something.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With the new club med at 1600, a new ticket office has been built under the staff accommodation. This is due to have toilets and lockers but is only going to open this winter so no idea how the locker hire will work.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm pretty sure there are lockers at the top of the main access gondola from Samoens, but last time I was there I couldn't rent one as they were all taken.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Prior to this upcoming season, the only way to rent a locker is by hiring some kit from Roland Gay 1600 and paying extra for locker hire (lockers are back down at the arrival of the GME next to the Lou Caboens restaurant).
Sounds like the new lockers will be in a much better position for 17/18 onwards by the sounds of things @2020rules?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@2020rules, that's really helpful to know. I'll contact the ticket office and see what they know. Will report back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes they are at the top of the run down to chariande express so a short shamble in snow boots over from the top of the gme and you are ready to go, interested to hear if the ticket office have any info!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roland Gay also has some lockers at the top of the plateau, which, if you are staying in Vercland and coming up the Saix eggs, are really useful.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@porkpiefox, do you have to rent kit from them to use them though? One option was to rent my little ones' skis from Roland Gay and see if they'd be happy for me to use their lockers for my gear too. Anyone tried this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountaindoc wrote:
@porkpiefox, do you have to rent kit from them to use them though? One option was to rent my little ones' skis from Roland Gay and see if they'd be happy for me to use their lockers for my gear too. Anyone tried this?

That's exactly what we do. My mate sorts it all out though, but we rent the kids stuff from them and then store our gear in the locker with them. I don't know whether or not you can hire a locker without renting gear from them, but you can certainly do that.

As I say though, we get the lift up from Vercland, so it's the most convenient solution for us.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are going up the mountain from verclabd this does work but you do have to rent stuff from them to be able to hire a locker. If going up the mountain from samoens on the gme then getting up to shop and lockers is a pain in the neck. They also have lockers by Lou caboens at the top of gme but these are also a complete pain to get to and get all the stuff back up to ski. The new lockers are the answer if going up from samoens .. maybe !!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2020rules wrote:
If you are going up the mountain from verclabd this does work but you do have to rent stuff from them to be able to hire a locker. If going up the mountain from samoens on the gme then getting up to shop and lockers is a pain in the neck. They also have lockers by Lou caboens at the top of gme but these are also a complete pain to get to and get all the stuff back up to ski. The new lockers are the answer if going up from samoens .. maybe !!!

Yes, you're right. We stayed in the village in 2015 and from the GME it would be a bit of a pain, so hopefully these will help that, as you say.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got this email from Le Service Clientèle Grand Massif regarding lockers at the top of Damoiseaux lift at Samoens 1600:
A new point of sale will be open next winter but no ski lockers are planned.
Sports shops sometimes take care of the skis of their client.

Looks like I'll have to use the ski shop lockers Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@2020rules, now that it appears that the plans for new lockers is not progressing, are the Roland Gay GME lockers the best option for us? We will be coming up on GME each morning with children learning with Zig Zag.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I reckon you have two choices

1. Here some kit and a locker from Roland gay then you can go up and down the gme in snow boots but it is a bit of a faff to get the stuff from the locker up to where you ski depending on age/ability of kids. We did this when kids were small and it worked well then when they got bigger skis/poles it all became quite hard work as so much stuff! Now they can carry their own stuff and do a quick run down to the drag lift, it would work again

You can hire a locker for as many people as you like once you have hired any kit, you can do it all online and just select the lockers

2. Hire some stuff from extreme glisses at bottom of gme and see if they will let you store your stuff there as well. Then you will go up and down gme with all the kit but easy on and off at the bottom

Good luck and hope you have a great time, zig zag are excellent!!
snow report
If you book with Roland Gay, since you are going up via GME, I would pick up your skis and locker key in the village rather than at 1600. Their website says that you must rent 2 pairs of skis to rent a 5 person locker or 1 pair of skis to rent a 3 person locker. The locker you want is at GME NOT Vercland!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy