Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Rosiere at Christmas - staying in Lodge Hemera right in middle of town so spoiled for choice with ski hire shops.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with ski rental ?

I have following within an easy walk

Skimium
Sport 2000
Intersport
Skiset
Collette Sport

All about the same price for a premium piste ski (€ 75-€ 85 euros).

Of course booking and paying for a latest gen ski and actually receiving said equipment and not getting fobbed off with a pair of knackered old boards is the problem !!
Think we did the small Skiset near the St Bernards last time we were there and was not greatly impressed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only really significant difference between them is that Skiset is pure evil and the others aren't.

I tend to look at what the best online price is and then ring the shop, quote that price to them and book direct if they offer something close.

I got to know a few shop owners well over the years and I know for a fact that many of them find it difficult to deliver the quality of service they'd like to, for the price the online booking systems insist they charge. So, quite simply, they don't: they deliver the bare minimum to match your order. If you book direct with them though, you can usually get a similar discount but they've avoided the commission to the middle-man so they can afford to look after you a little better. At the very least, if something does go wrong, you know who you're dealing with, rather than having to go via a faceless evil emperor's minion sitting in the skiset deathstar somewhere Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy