Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lange free tour 130 or dalbello lupo 120? Any advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

About to buy some new boots for some side country ups but mostly downhill skiing. Looking to get out into the sides and back country more in the search for more powder. Unlikely to be doing hit to hit etc. Both of these seem to fit me well, coming from 9 year old salomon "race" (falcon 10) 110 stiff boots. I like the aesthetics of both and price is similar. Tried Salmon boots with walk mode, don't seem to fit as well. I'm five eleven, 82 kg and a Canadian 5/6 level skier. Skis are Rossi Sin 7 with Marker F12 bindings.

Anything the snowheads know that I should as well? All advice welcome.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
most people will say... see a bootfitter, get their advice
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure they would. Strangely the boot fitters are in different shops each reccomending the boots they sell!

Madness.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
motdoc wrote:

Thanks

Yes, boot sole compatiblity with your bindings. These boots have 'walk to ride (WTR)' and 'grip walk' soles, respectively. And are not certified to work in normal alpine bindings (ISO 5355). Marker F12 work with both ISO 5355 and alpine touring soles (ISO 9523). I'm pretty sure the F12 won't be certified to be used with the Lange WTR soles, although in reality they may fit and release ok. I'm not sure about the Dalbello soles - I'd email both Marker and Dalbello.

https://culture.evo.com/2016/09/2017-ski-trends-sole-searching/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The other option is ditch the frame binding and get AT (pin) bindings.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting article. I knew this was sort of going on but hadn’t kept up as it hasn’t been a direct concern.

That said, I have Vibram adaptations on my race boots. Twisted Evil

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 8-10-17 8:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Marker Tour series of bindings are certified with all sole types.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
motdoc wrote:
I'm sure they would. Strangely the boot fitters are in different shops each reccomending the boots they sell!

Madness.

Both boots have a 100mm last width and it's possible that they have a very similar heel width/volume as well so they could effectively be direct competitors to each other. Retailers can't usually stock every boot on the market but a good shop will select their stock to suit a range of foot widths, shapes & volumes etc. You'll need to found someone with specific knowledge of the fit of both boots to say how close they are. If it transpires that say the heel width is narrow on one of them then as that boot fits you it means that the other is actually too big, but you just don't know it. I'd also recommend putting the boots in walk mode/opening the cuffs & check for heel hold/movement etc walking around the shop.

Assuming fit being equal I'd say the Lange would be the better hard snow/downhill performer (stiffer) whereas the Lupo would be better soft snow/uphill performer (slightly lighter, softer more progressive flex & greater range of movement in walk mode).

The important thing is that both have tech inserts which future proofs you for using pin bindings.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Themasterpiece wrote:
motdoc wrote:

Thanks

Yes, boot sole compatiblity with your bindings. These boots have 'walk to ride (WTR)' and 'grip walk' soles, respectively. And are not certified to work in normal alpine bindings (ISO 5355). Marker F12 work with both ISO 5355 and alpine touring soles (ISO 9523). I'm pretty sure the F12 won't be certified to be used with the Lange WTR soles,

Pretty sure the F12s have a mechanical AFD and work with both boots.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:

Assuming fit being equal I'd say the Lange would be the better hard snow/downhill performer (stiffer) whereas the Lupo would be better soft snow/uphill performer (slightly lighter, softer more progressive flex & greater range of movement in walk mode).

+1
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the advice. Will bring skis and bindings to the shops. Marker seem to claim compatibility should be fine, but will see!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy