Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sestriere virgin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow SH's

now that the clocks have changed I find my thoughts drifting away from the cricket season and golf to SKIING! thank the lord that summer is over and the count down begins to my favourite part of the year.

This season (Feb) there are 10 of us going to Italy or Sestriere to be more precise. I haven't skied in Italy for 40 years!(I was about 14!) and i'm looking for any pointers for great runs, restaurants for lunch, bars etc.

anyone out there with experience of the area etc.?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the risk of regretting going elsewhere this year, I visited Sauze last January and loved the whole area that side. Not sure what you enjoy but I like fast cruising and so found the reds above Borgata and Gran Pista in Sauze absolutely fantastic. The prize still goes to the Olympic run from Fraiteve into Sansicario which I adore. Most restaurants were reasonable and welcoming. I particularly recommend the coffee, and the time taken over it for not much money, in Soleil Boeuf (I think) down towards Sansicario too. It should be great, though none of our group enjoyed the trip over and back, or the skiing, in Montgenevre (though I am sure others recommend it on this site)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, Gazza, just clocked your user name! Kind of gives away what you are looking for........
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@toyah807, thanks for the quick response, we are a mixed group in terms of competence but the majority of us can get down most runs!
I particularly enjoy nice cruising, a nice lunch and a great bar with live music in the evening Very Happy
We will be sure to hunt down your run recommendations.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

now that the clocks have changed I find my thoughts drifting away from the cricket season and golf to SKIING! thank the lord that summer is over and the count down begins to my favourite part of the year.

Amen to all that! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll be spoilt for choice for wide cruising runs. Best mountain restaurants are in Sauze. The Ciao Pais is excellent. As toyah807 says, there's superb skiing in Sansicario as well. Often overlooked. Try and get to the Chalmettes restaurant off the 79 piste. You can also ski Montgenevre and Claviere for a day on your lift pass.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
toyah807 wrote:
The prize still goes to the Olympic run from Fraiteve into Sansicario which I adore.

This!! It's not an insane black run, but its a beautiful slope to ski... Stop off at the Soleil Boeuf at the bottom for a nice glass of red Smile (they also do great food!)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks one and all, i shall look out those runs and pit stops
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy