Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap eats Tignes (and also hello)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Long time reader, first time poster. please go easy on me.

I've just booked Tignes les brev. Neither of us have been there before and we're looking for some tips on cheap eats for lunch - you know, paninis, pizza that kind of thing, nothing fancy as we've got a good deal on a catered chalet, and really can't eat that much when skiing as the food comas quickly arrive if I do.

Any tips, much appreciated Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Extremophile, welcome to snowHeads, we're mostly very friendly!
For a quick, cheap lunch stop, the Spar minimarket in Tignes 2100 (Le Lac) has a counter just inside serving pizza, panini, baguettes, etc. Also a few seats, both inside and out on pavement. Great if you want to crack on with skiing during peak lunchtime, when lifts and slopes quieter.
Also in Le Lac, Loop Bar good for burgers and similar. Bagus café reasonably priced and more choice of food. All 3 close to Le Lac main lifts and Maison de Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Marmott arms in le lac have great burgers
And aspen burger in Val claret has huge portions and good price, might want to consider sharing if you have afternoon tea to look forward to.
Not many cheap places in the mountain but easy to ski to Val claret. Also good places at bottom of Tufs chair but can't remember name.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decided we prefer Aspen to Loop for burgers now - excellent and massive portions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, is the Aspen up in Val Claret?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Are these rplaces ok with people sharing single portions? Some places I've been unlucky enough to end up in for eats have stated ''no sharing'' on their menus... charming.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Extremophile, yes Aspen in in Val claret just beside ski bus and car park.
I've never had any problems sharing but then I usually eat a whole one. Some of my chuckle sisters always share never heard it questioned.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ok, this is all great info Smile thank you lovely people
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Also good places at bottom of Tufs chair but can't remember name.

One is maybe Le Snackys? After skiing down past Tufs chairlift base, immediately on right, tucked up corner.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@intermediate, sounds about the right place so that's mate it
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes Cuisine next to the Loop does noodle based dishes. Cheap, tasty and filling. You eat outside on the benches, so can share, but at their prices you can both afford your own meal.

If eating in Brev, La Sachette is the best value and the best food.

Over in La Daille, lunch at the Rosee Blanche pub is massive filled baguettes for under a fiver.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Little cabin in Val Claret, Le Kiosk I think it's called. Right at bottom of slopes in the sort of little square near the bus turning point. Have to sit outside again, but had a great curry panini IIRC there,
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Extremophile, Have a look at the 2018 Tignes thread in the snow reports section.

Amongst the cheapest places to eat "on the hill" will be Marmottes restaurant near the Val' Snow Park and Cascades if you make it over to Le Fornet. Both owned and run by the same family. 2 euros for a hot choc from the machines. Self service pile-it-high salads and hot food available.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
agree with the above, only places I ever eat up on the hill. Except for a special at the Peau de Vache
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tignes Cuisine great burritos and noodles.
latest report
'Cheap eats Tignes' was an oxymoron when I used to go there.
snow report
@achilles, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think we're all old enough and daft enough to know that there's no such thing as a cheap skiing holiday. It's just that some are cheaper than others wink .
latest report
@Extremophile, Just another name to throw into the hat. La Cantine in Lavachet is good for a light lunch and drink stop. Last season they were doing a slab of cake and coffee for not a lot of wonga. Also do breakfast, sandwiches and salads. Soft drinks, some beers and prosecco.

Slightly off the beaten track when skiing but you can ski to within about 50 metres from the front door. It's just along from the Brassero and the free bus also stops close by.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the tips people, very helpful indeed.

I don't know how people can eat a huge meal at lunch, I want to spend my time skiing, not sitting in restaurants. Snacks, hot snacks and maybe the odd crepe

*waits for someone to make a joke about crepe sounding like something else*
snow report
@Extremophile, The Aspen also does egg and chips which isn't quite as much to digest as a burger.
snow conditions
The Aspen salads are also good, and they have no heartache with sharers as long as you have a drink each. Other than that I think we have covered the cheap eats of the EK.
ski holidays
Extremophile wrote:
I don't know how people can eat a huge meal at lunch, I want to spend my time skiing, not sitting in restaurants. Snacks, hot snacks and maybe the odd crepe

Just like endurance cycling and running, your performance will deteriorate if you don't keep fuelled up.

A 20 minute stop for lunch can also let you analyse your technique and also be a bit social with your partner and/or buddies.

Lunch is good.
latest report
Which chalet are you in, in Brev?
ski holidays
bar shaker wrote:
Extremophile wrote:

Just like endurance cycling and running, your performance will deteriorate if you don't keep fuelled up.

A 20 minute stop for lunch can also let you analyse your technique and also be a bit social with your partner and/or buddies.

Lunch is good.

+1 After skiing hard all morning, a quick refuel and 30 min sat with my eyes closed / 40 winks allowed me to ski hard till lifts close. I don't ski that hard these days, I just need the rest as I get older Sad
snow conditions
@Extremophile,
Quote:

Snacks, hot snacks and maybe the odd crepe

+1
Good breakfast, regular drinks, snacks just before and after 12-2pm (Grande Motte cable car in those 2 hours if weather clear), late afternoon tea before cake all gone. 40 winks on gondolas. Sorted.
ski holidays
GeorgeVII wrote:
Marmottes restaurant near the Val Snow Park

Unfortunately it's also REALLY busy all the time because it's reasonable...

If you do want to push the boat out, Peau De Vache on the Face.. mmmmm

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 25-09-17 14:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
GeorgeVII wrote:
Marmottes restaurant near the Val' Snow Park and Cascades if you make it over to Le Fornet.

Unfortunately it's also REALLY busy all the time because it's reasonable...

+1 for the Marmottes

++1 for how busy it gets

We arrived at a stupidly busy time last year on a windy and chilly day - the staff, however were ace and get you through the servery pretty smartish.

Sadly the efficiency of the staff cant be matched by the speed of people eating / dawdling - so we ate outside........I have never hoovered up a plate of pasta quite as rapidly or had the food go cold so soon !
latest report
My first trip there was in Dec 1990. I sat outside the old Marmottes and had lasagne and a beer. The beer froze over between every mouthful, bluebird day, but about minus 14. Loads of room inside, but I like the sun!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Marmottes restaurant near the Val' Snow Park

Is that near the bottom of Marmottes and Borsat Express chairlifts? Or deeper into Val D sector?
snow conditions
intermediate wrote:

Is that near the bottom of Marmottes and Borsat Express chairlifts?

Yep.
ski holidays
intermediate wrote:
Quote:

Marmottes restaurant near the Val' Snow Park

Is that near the bottom of Marmottes and Borsat Express chairlifts? Or deeper into Val D sector?

It's at the bottom of the Borsat Express.
ski holidays
@bar shaker, thanks. Don't think I've been in for 15 years - might try it next season!
ski holidays
@Extremophile, Fab pizzas in Tignes Le Brev (across the little bridge) big copper pot outside (forget the name).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy