Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dachstein West / Gosau Opinions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Currently researchig Asutraian familiy freindly resorts and with kinderhotels for half term 2018, as a change from our usual Serfaus, and have found the village of Gosau in the Dachstein West ski area area. Any smowheads skiied there and care to share tehir opinions? On paper ot looks quite low and limited skiing- in itself not a big issue if kids enjoy themselves and can progress their skiing while the adults pootle aronud eat and drink for the week Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ozboy, ah now - there is a new all singing/dancing fancy family hotel in Gosau, thats probably the one you have found. Dachstein West has truly beautiful tree lined runs. I live half an hour away and ski there a few times each season. Ive no idea about Feb so cant give any feedback on that. There is plenty there to keep family skiers more than happy for a week. Im sure other local SH will be along soon with more info. Happy skiing. Ange Blush Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ozboy, I skied there in the 80s when other resorts had very little snow but even then it wasn't too busy and we had a great time. Went back there last year and apart from new and faster lifts the area is still as I remember it. I really like the area with lots of cruise runs but not extensive, although more than you might think with the links to Annaberg. Some nice friendly huts to enjoy food and drink. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Ozboy, I went there a few years ago accidentally. When I booked an "accommodation on arrival" cheap week with Crystal.
We got sent to St Wolfgang which isn't really a ski resort at all.

They bused us for an hour each way to each day to Gosau.

Gosau was OK .. I'd go back there again if I had a family to take.
Easy wide runs.
I don't know what its like after 5pm though.

Small resort only just big enough to get lost in. From what could see of it there was no centre to the village.
There must be a bar and a pizzeria in there somewhere.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I spent a week in Gosau in March 2016 as a change from Ski Amade resorts and Saalbach where we have skiied for the last 10 years or so.

It was just a mate and myself but we tend to stay in good quality 4 star hotels, ski all day, have a few beers at close of play then hit the hotel pool prior to an evening meal and a couple of drinks before crashing out.

The skiing in Dachstein West was excellent, better than I expected to be honest and somewhere I want to go back too.

Lift system is ok, but you cannot ski the whole circuit without taking a couple of short t-bars but I wouldn't call that a negative as I think it keeps lazy skiers in their own valley.

I can't comment on the village as such as we stayed in a superb hotel 1km away from the lift but had our own private hotel taxi on 'call' since we were the only guests in the hotel who were actually skiing!

45 mins from Salzburg airport is also a big plus.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@3offthetee, Thanks, probably another case where the piste map does not really draw out the scale of the area. T-Bars are not an issue and our days are very much like yours as we are two young families and stay in teh hotel, but ours includes multiple visits to shops to replace lost goggles / gloves,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy