Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coldest winter 100 years (30cms Snow Austria 19th Sept)

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.krone.at/wissen/kaeltester-winter-seit-100-jahren-im-anmarsch-klimaforscher-story-589098

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-09-17 6:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
all i understood was, cold, extreme, october, winter. must be good?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kj82, If it snows it will be good. It means the ground will freeze early something that did not happen last two seasons .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is saying that a Russian newsagency is reporting that British meteorologists (...sounds a bit Trumpian....fake news?) are predicting an extremely cold winter for Europe, starting in october.
Reason: very low sunactivity, comparable with a situation in the 1950ies.

Interesting part of course is that this september already is remarkably cold and snowy in The Alps...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That bodes well for the lower resorts, but then again it may all melt by new year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Funnily enough, this report https://www.iceagenow.info/europeans-brace-coldest-winter-century/ was saying the same thing for winter last year.

I guess if they keep repeating it there's a chance it might happen eventually.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Langerzug, Yep interesting that Solar Minimum (Sun Spots etc) is mentioned, there is some work coming out of Newcastle Uni that goes against main stream press and political bodies, but very rarely gets a proper mention! Not sure where they get the 1950's bit from but current cycle is taking us back to the 1906 levels !!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ livetoski - do you have any links for that research? I have looked but can't find it but have similar things from other sources - but not those that I have 100% confidence in. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@livetoski, i also would be interested to read the research
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@nemesys, @Kj82, mmm some of the links I had from a few months back don't work any more, rather strange!
This one from a couple of years back works:
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep15689#f3

Not 100% if it was Newcastle or Northumberland, but I always remember a name lol especially when it the same as mine!

Will see if I can track down the links again, the Work as by Zharkova1,2,*, S. J. Shepherd3,*, E. Popova4,* & S. I. Zharkov5

Just that Space weather and climate is something I studied back in the 70's at Newcastle Uni !!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olderscot wrote:
Funnily enough, this report https://www.iceagenow.info/europeans-brace-coldest-winter-century/ was saying the same thing for winter last year.

I guess if they keep repeating it there's a chance it might happen eventually.

Agreed - feels like there's always a few reports threatening that it'll be the coldest winter for x years. In a few weeks we'll no doubt have a few attention grabbing headines from the Mail/Express.. this is the Express one from last year.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/734735/UK-weather-coldest-winter-freezing-Britain-low-temperatures-November
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our weather depends upon the position of the jetstream. Almost every weather documentary I've ever seen had a meteorologist admitting they are unable to predict where the jetstream is going to be, from one week to the next; as it curls and twists it's way across the Atlantic. Puzzled

So are we really to believe they can forecast the weather we will have, months in the future. I doubt that very much. rolling eyes

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 19-09-17 14:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Austrian Daily Express ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A quick 'site:' search of the Express yields 915 "COLDEST winter" hits. And in the first few pages, hits dated Jan 2017, Oct 2016, Sept 2015, Dec 2014, Aug 2014, Nov 2013, Apr 2013, Nov 2012, Sept 2011, Dec 2010...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Richard_Sideways, haha sounds about right!! Laughing
snow conditions
Pales in comparison to the DM, 2900 hits and every year hit within first 3 pages of results...
No word on whether cold winters actually cause cancer, but apparently FEELING COLD COULD BE!!!
#YouShouldFearTheCold
snow report
The only thing I can even give credit to the Daily Express is that they did admit that they write extreme weather full front page articles is because that sells more papers.
They'll still probably manage to spin a snowmageddon (aka a light dusting) or a heatwave (aka 28degC) in to a story that blames Europe.

I'm sure someone can re-post the classic picture of daily express front pages that often gets posted to Farcebook, that shows how regularly they run an extreme weather story.
ski holidays
Quote:
They'll still probably manage to spin a snowmageddon (aka a light dusting) or heatwave (aka 28degC) in to a story that blames Europe
...Said the meteorologist, speaking from the doorstep of their £650k detached home... Laughing
latest report
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich-wetter/Weisses-Wunder-30-cm-Schnee-im-September/300254017
ski holidays
Don't forget that the Krone is a full on tabloid.
latest report
Their weather expert wouldn't be the famous "James Madden" of Exacta Weather would it?
latest report
Quote:

That bodes well for the lower resorts, but then again it may all melt by new year.

or next week....
snow report
We've just got the 'sight of the white stuff' excitement a month early this year.

Pam's right, of course. It comes and goes before the real cover starts to develop....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy