Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flights 25th March - 24th June 2018 released Weds 20th Sept

Poster: A snowHead
Handy Turnip wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that Smile

Up to £1867 already... so far this morning this is how much they’ve increased. Again, this is the total amount for a family of 4, flying Gatwick to Geneva 6th-13th April. I’ve kept the flight times consistent.

6.10am £690 (£172 pp)
6.55am £1750 (£437 pp)
7.25am £1867 (£467 pp)

Gosh! Thanks for sharing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Slightly off thread... but, out of interest, I've just had a look at KLM and the same family can fly from Heathrow to Denver for Easter for £150 more! wink

We've just booked February flights to Denver from Newcastle with KLM for £350 pp return (excluding luggage. £60 extra per bag, once we decide what/how many we are taking).

I still can't believe the deal we got - as BA is £650 p.p. Admittedly we have 2 stops en route (Amsterdam & Minneapolis) but I'm happy to put up with that to save £600. (BA stops only at LHR).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 20-09-18 8:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
7:30 am Got one ways Geneva-Gatwick returning on Friday night 5th April for £260 for four and three bags. We always do this trip every year and definitely seemed fewer flights returning on the Saturday than in previous years, and the ones at decent times more expensive. Booked the outgoing months ago with Swiss for £180.
Glad we can go 30/03-07/14 as the Saturday prices for 7-14 April were pretty hot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All this ski excitement with 6 months to go. Worse than kids, aren't we? Puzzled wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And you lot have nicked all the good Geneva prices!!! Can get to Zurich reasonably though so might have to defect to Austria this season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Glad I decided to drive this Easter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am glad to see so much optimism that we will reach an agreement about flights after Brexit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
always29 wrote:
And you lot have nicked all the good Geneva prices!!! Can get to Zurich reasonably though so might have to defect to Austria this season.
For Tyrol, Munich might be a bit closer than Zurich. If you are open to Italy, Milan is affordable.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
@koruYes - I meant 6 April... Now corrected. wink
6 April is when the flight numbers drop. 30 March is the last Saturday with loads of Geneva flights.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Consolidated list of prices (per person) for Gat-Inn return, 6-13 April 2019, including bags and seat res:
6am £182
6.31 £310
6.32 £416
6.50 £503
8.48 £564
edit to add:
10.10 £589

That's now higher than BA (unless they have also hiked prices, too).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 20-09-18 10:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@koru, yikes!! It’s just nuts!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that Smile

Up to £1867 already... so far this morning this is how much they’ve increased. Again, this is the total amount for a family of 4, flying Gatwick to Geneva 6th-13th April. I’ve kept the flight times consistent.

6.10am £690 (£172 pp)
6.55am £1750 (£437 pp)
7.25am £1867 (£467 pp)

9.20am £2288 (£572 pp)

I’d rather drive than pay those prices...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Bergmeister wrote:
Out of interest I had a look at Luton - Geneva. There are 10 flights out on Saturday 1 April but only 2 flights back a week later! How's that going to work then?
You mean Sat 30 March? Yes, that is a massive fall in numbers if you fly out that Sat and back the next (though our Easter hols are the week later).

It is as if EJ are unaware that the ski season lasts into April. It is nearly as bad from Gatwick, with 11 flights dropping to 5. I imagine that this is because Easter sees a sudden surge in demand for beach resort flights, so EJ shifts its planes to those routes, even though it means they are not meeting demand for Easter ski flights.

I had an eye to book Aberdeen to Geneva out 30th March back 6th April. Went in this morning, you can get out on 30th. No returns though. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Handy Turnip wrote:
It makes me wonder at what point a private jet charter becomes competitive. If I'm ever facing prices like that, I'll check it out. I suppose charters probably also get busy at school holiday time, although the kind of family that uses private jets probably has their kids at the kind of school that has longer holidays.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
koru wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
It makes me wonder at what point a private jet charter becomes competitive. If I'm ever facing prices like that, I'll check it out. I suppose charters probably also get busy at school holiday time, although the kind of family that uses private jets probably has their kids at the kind of school that has longer holidays.
A tiny bit of research indicates that prices would be well over £1000 per person one way. And that's only going by the prices for "empty legs", where they offer a flight cheap because the plane owner has a one-way booking and the plane has to fly home whether it is full or empty. I'm guessing that on a peak Saturday the price will be much higher.
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:

6.10am £690 (£172 pp)
6.55am £1750 (£437 pp)
7.25am £1867 (£467 pp)

9.20am £2288 (£572 pp)

6.10am £690 (£172 pp)
6.55am £1750 (£437 pp)
7.25am £1867 (£467 pp)
9.20am £2288 (£572 pp)
12.51pm £2600 (£650 pp)

And still it keeps going up... it must start coming down at some point.
snow conditions
Presumably this thread is actually about EasyJet flights for early part of 2019.....?
latest report
@Red Leon, it is now but the first posts are a year old.
snow report
Forgot about the 6.30am release this morning and didn't get on line until pushing 8.30am

Still managed to grab 3pax GVA>NAP and 2pax NAP>GVA for CHF135 and €100 respectively.

Need to drop mini-midget off for a school trip to Pompeii/Rome and worked out a while ago it was going to be a lot cheaper than one of us cutting short our Easter ski to fly home and drop her at school for them to take her.

So now it's hand her over at NAP and then get a 2 night city break in Naples under our belt before heading back to the hill. snowHead
snow report
koru wrote:
Consolidated list of prices (per person) for Gat-Inn return, 6-13 April 2019, including bags and seat res:
6am £182
6.31 £310
6.32 £416
6.50 £503
8.48 £564
10.10 £589
It peaked yesterday evening at £615
Now down slightly, to £563

Perhaps the lesson is that if you don't get in early enough, you should not panic-buy at ridiculous prices. Take your time and prices may fall back a bit.
snow conditions
I bought my Easter flights for £130 return for 1 adult and 1 child... happy with that
snow report
koru wrote:
koru wrote:
6am £182
6.31 £310
6.32 £416
6.50 £503
8.48 £564
10.10 £589
It peaked yesterday evening at £615
Now down slightly, to £563

Perhaps the lesson is that if you don't get in early enough, you should not panic-buy at ridiculous prices. Take your time and prices may fall back a bit.

No, they've gone up further, to £733! That's silly, because BA flights at roughly the same time are about £200 cheaper. (Strangely, on one leg, BA Business is cheaper than Economy.)
snow report
Hmm. I have been worrying about what happens with a No Deal Brexit, and that there would be no flights after 29 March. Perhaps it will be OK?
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Perhaps it will be OK?
Thanks for that link, very interesting. So easyjet will require EU-owners and be EU-registered in order to protect its business? On Thursday easy jet's shareholders passed new articles of association which means it has the power to force UK shareholders to divest their shares if the airline needed to. Wonder if that's what British Airways will do to protect their flights in the event of No Deal? Hope they do something for the flight I have booked for 30 March. If BA do that will they also change their name to EU Airways?
ski holidays
@rob@rar, I can see that, assuming the UK recognises Easyjet (and other EU) airline aviation safety qualifications and procedures then part of the problem would be solved. However, I am not clear that air traffic can work - I *think* we would be OK in the short term, because Eurocontrol is not an EU institution. In the longer term, there is something called the Single European Sky - I have a feeling that the EU are heavily involved in that.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
achilles wrote:
Perhaps it will be OK?
Thanks for that link, very interesting. So easyjet will require EU-owners and be EU-registered in order to protect its business? On Thursday easy jet's shareholders passed new articles of association which means it has the power to force UK shareholders to divest their shares if the airline needed to. Wonder if that's what British Airways will do to protect their flights in the event of No Deal? Hope they do something for the flight I have booked for 30 March. If BA do that will they also change their name to EU Airways?

BA's model is quite different to Easyjet's - Easyjet do a lot of non-UK intra EU flights. However other airlines in the group (Aer Lingus, Iberia and Vuelling) do such flights. If the shares in IAG are majority UK owned, then those airlines could have a problem. Similarly if the majority of shares are EU owned than BA might have difficulty doing internal UK flights if the UK adopts the same rules. Another matter for negotiation?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy