Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flights 25th March - 24th June 2018 released Weds 20th Sept

Poster: A snowHead
@snowhound, thanks for that very interesting I'll check out the pricing. I've asked the owner if there is a space with the apartment or how much they charge. Much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Handy Turnip wrote:
@koru, very interesting! My only assumption would be that maybe Gatwick-Geneva is a more popular route than Luton-Milan hence the demand spike was bigger earlier, hence the prices rose earlier??
I think that is probably right. The starting price was lower and the end price was lower, so that would suggest lower demand. I'm guessing it more the attraction of Geneva than of Gatwick.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Luton-Milan now down in price to £1021, so £250 cheaper than last night. They dropped the Price Promise, didn't they?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only issue is now@Themasterpiece, @djf, is running the Charles De Gauntlet and whether our bags get transferred to Geneva...rage will be back if not. Will be checking out the KLM baggage policy...!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@riman8, ha yeah that’ll be interesting. I wonder if I can take my skis on as hand luggage Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowhound, thanks for the Autoeurope tip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
grumpygargoyle wrote:
@snowhound, thanks for the Autoeurope tip.

Where are you seeing those prices, I get nothing like that from autoeurope?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pejoli, I didn't get my car as cheaply as mentioned in the original post. Autoeurope got me a rental for a much better price than my usual go to companies.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just done search now for 7-14 April and still £170! Are you looking at the same dates? Week before is more expensive?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just done search now for 7-14 April and still £170! Are you looking at the same dates? Week before is more expensive?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure what is going on with the EasyJet schedule. Geneva to Luton on 24th March has 10 flights. Geneva to Luton on 25th March (new schedule) has two flights. Are more to come or are EasyJet abandoning us!
Hoping more will be released shortly otherwise getting home from the slopes will be difficult. On the other hand, staying out longer has a certain appeal...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm, interesting spot @Brownpack (and welcome to sH snowHead !).

Some of that will be down to 25th being a Sunday vs 24th being a Saturday - there are generally more flights on a Saturday.

But looking at Manchester for comparison, there are only 2 flights from 25th onwards on Sundays vs 3 on previous Sundays.
Luton - 8 flights on the previous Sunday vs 2 from the 25th onwards. And Sat 31st - 2 flights vs 10 on Saturday 24th; and those 2 flights are already very expensive!

Easyjet do seem to have decided less flights are needed, even before Easter, which is disappointing.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
to agree with @fixx, i had a quick look at Manchester - Turin over Easter. Last year they were flying once a week into mid-april, this year their flights end in March, a shame as both flights I got were full. Perhaps Easyjet are giving their pilots a holiday in April.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perhaps they're expecting to lose some pilots to Ryanair.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
james75 wrote:
Grrrrrrr no flights to Salzburg from Bristol or Luton after March 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to Split airlines this year instead. Eurowings Stanstead to Munich and return flight with Easyjet.

2 adults and 2 kids with 3 x luggage came in at £375 at Easter. Quite happy with that.

snow conditions
Hi, could someone tell me whether Easyjet fly from London Stansted or London Southend in April please?
snow conditions
We did April to Geneva this year from Southend but the flights weren’t released the same time as the gatwick ones. Either that or I did something wrong looking for them but I ended up booking from Gatwick and then moving the flights to Southend at a later date.

Also we found the Easter prices dropped right back down a couple of weeks before so that helped.
latest report
Any idea when the Easyjet flights for March 2019 onwards will go on sale?

Thanks in advance. wink
latest report
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

After posting the above I tried this thing called Google....

20/9/18 it is! Very Happy
latest report
It’s also in the thread title! wink wink
snow report
@Handy Turnip, tbf I think the thread title refers to a year ago.
snow conditions
@Alastair, ahh yes silly me! 2018 should have given it away!

My turn to be Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
djf wrote:
We did April to Geneva this year from Southend but the flights weren’t released the same time as the gatwick ones. Either that or I did something wrong looking for them but I ended up booking from Gatwick and then moving the flights to Southend at a later date.

Also we found the Easter prices dropped right back down a couple of weeks before so that helped.

Thanks djf, I was beginning to doubt whether they flew in April as initially I thought that the route would be all year but nothing was showing until November this year. Did you have an additional charge for moving from Gatwick to Southend, apart from the price difference of course Smile
snow conditions
Just had an e-mail from EJ telling me my Flight Club membership will be renewed for another 12 months. Didn't even knew I was a member. It says I get free flight changes, in other words no admin fees. Well as ive been charged an admin fee for coming home on an earlier flight, lets see if they are true to their word. They will probably come up with some excuse that I should have informed them at the time of my membership number. As I didn't even know I was a member how could I have
ski holidays
jafa wrote:
Just had an e-mail from EJ telling me my Flight Club membership will be renewed for another 12 months. Didn't even knew I was a member.

Well, you know the first rule of Flight Club ... Laughing
snow conditions
Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that Smile
ski holidays
Gatwick-Innsbruck already £310 pp (inc luggage and seat booking) for 6-13 April 2019
ski holidays
Now £416!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bristol-Geneva-Bristol flights bagged - going on Friday evening, returning Sunday morning, to keep things civilised Very Happy
Very cheap at £420ish for family of 5, but even between 5.45 and 5.55 the one flight jumped a tenner. Fitzwilliams.
latest report
Where are you going *HandyTurnip*?
Quote:

Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that
snow report
Quote:

Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that
snow report
Gat-Inn now £467
I don't mean to spam - it is just interesting to have a record of price movements on release day. It will be interesting to see if the price drops down a bit later today once the initial scrum dies down.
snow conditions
Gat-Inn now £503. (In comparison, BA is £520 pp for the same flights (give or take a few hours), so I assume no-one is going to push the EJ price much higher.)
snow conditions
etphonehome wrote:
Quote:

Off to Val Thorens for the week with the family Smile

Same flights at same time for 4 people now up to £1750
ski holidays
@koru, I tracked the price of the flights I booked last year from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of four (prices are total not pp)

This is how the increases went throughout the morning.

6.15am - £690
6.45am - £998
7.30am - £1,600
12.30pm - £1,934

I’ve managed to get the same flights at the same time for £690 again, but they are already at £1750 at 7am the pattern is slightly ahead of last year already.
latest report
Interesting that Innsbruck currently costs more than Geneva, though there's only one flight to Inn from London, as skiing is the main reason to fly that route, whereas Geneva is a major destination with lots of flights.
snow report
And here's me complaining that my Newcastle - Geneva flights leapt up in price (by £8 pp) between selecting them and putting in my card details... rolling eyes

They ended up at £166 return for 2 - excluding luggage. Very Happy

Those Gatwick- Innsbruck flight prices are ridiculous. With the Channel on the doorstep I think I'd be jumping in the car...

Out of interest I had a look at Luton - Geneva. There are 10 flights out on Saturday 6 April but only 2 flights back a week later! How's that going to work then? Puzzled Puzzled

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-09-18 7:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
Easter flights released this morning for Easter hols - flights from Gatwick to Geneva for a family of 4 at good times for £690. Happy with that Smile

Up to £1867 already... so far this morning this is how much they’ve increased. Again, this is the total amount for a family of 4, flying Gatwick to Geneva 6th-13th April. I’ve kept the flight times consistent.

6.10am £690 (£172 pp)
6.55am £1750 (£437 pp)
7.25am £1867 (£467 pp)
ski holidays
Bergmeister wrote:
Out of interest I had a look at Luton - Geneva. There are 10 flights out on Saturday 1 April but only 2 flights back a week later! How's that going to work then? Puzzled Puzzled
You mean Sat 30 March? Yes, that is a massive fall in numbers if you fly out that Sat and back the next (though our Easter hols are the week later).

It is as if EJ are unaware that the ski season lasts into April. It is nearly as bad from Gatwick, with 11 flights dropping to 5. I imagine that this is because Easter sees a sudden surge in demand for beach resort flights, so EJ shifts its planes to those routes, even though it means they are not meeting demand for Easter ski flights.
ski holidays
@koru, Embarassed

Yes - I meant 6 April... Now corrected. wink

I'm wondering how Easyjet's planners have come up with that. I agree with you that they seem blissfully unaware of Easter skiing (and the numbers involved...)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy