Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has landed a job in La Plagne (La Plagne Centre, just near the Plagne Soleil complex) for the season and my missus and I are looking to visit him while he's there. We've already got two full scale ski holidays booked and so we're looking to have a short break which would include his day off on a Wednesday. I'd appreciate some hints and tips from folk who know the resort and its surroundings about various aspects. Having just searched for accommodation on the La Plagne official website I know that this will be the first challenge - getting three or four nights booked.

Is it feasible to be based in the valley in terms of getting to and fro? I'm planning a hire car from Geneva. I'd imagine that parking is limited up on the mountain and probably costly.

Any tips about places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@honved, it really depends when you are going. In January and April you will have no trouble getting part week accommodation as long as you arrive or depart on Saturday, though you may have to wait until nearer the time to book it. Plagne Soleil has free parking and again I wouldn't expect a problem getting it in January/April.

You could stay down in Maçot or Aime, but it's half an hour drive away and you've got to find parking each day then. There are 20 switch backs on the road up!

In the French school holidays finding part week accommodation will be difficult to impossible, and the resort will be very busy. In low season your son will also have more free to time.

Airbnb is a good source for self catered apartments.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're not planning to meet up with son in the evening then you could stay in Montalbert and get the lift up. Bit more hassle, less convenience but should also be less money. I've just booked a week in Belle Plagne through booking.com and there were some good offers on there, not sure about doing a part week though. Also homeaway could be worth looking at.

Might be obvious but don't bother with the full Paradiski pass, there's more than enough terrain in La Plagne to keep you busy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
honved, as mentioned above: could be problem finding a few days accommodation in the resort.
No problem driving up from Valley - the workers do it every day.
I would look for some place in Macot (i've stayed there a couple of times) - i can send you a email of excellent B&B if you're interested.
The road up does have a few hairpins, but you'll soon learn to love them.
You can park for free at La Roche or the car park under the Melezes lift just before Plagne Centre (at least you could last year).
Montalbert is an alternative, but i don't know the place so well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim wrote:
honved, as mentioned above: could be problem finding a few days accommodation in the resort.
No problem driving up from Valley - the workers do it every day.
I would look for some place in Macot (i've stayed there a couple of times) - i can send you a email of excellent B&B if you're interested.
The road up does have a few hairpins, but you'll soon learn to love them.
You can park for free at La Roche or the car park under the Melezes lift just before Plagne Centre (at least you could last year).
Montalbert is an alternative, but i don't know the place so well.

Thanks. I'd love a B&B recommendation, and the parking advice is also very welcome.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When do you want to hang out with your son. Just out skiing or in the evening also?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of free parking in La Plagne itself, just ask at the tourist office for the map of free car parks.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@honved, You could stay in Les Coches with MountainSun - they do short breaks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy