Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new boot experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so I know it's been done a million times. But I thought I would make it a million and one.

I've skied the last ten years on some Head S10's fitted at Nevada in Tignes by Frank. Always felt big, ended up putting an extra flat insole in as a shim last year. Decided to bite the bullet and go and see Colin down at Solutions 4 feet. It's about a 2 hour trip for me,

I have a 2 week trip to Whistler booked for my 50th. My lad has worked there for 2 years, and wants to show me his favourite spots and hopefully some cat skiing. So I need everything to be right.

Went to see Colin about a month ago, filled in all the forms etc, and initial measurement confirmed I was a full mondo size too big. Tried on 2 pairs initially, shell fit all good, but still some heel lift, so Colin thought some more and brought another pair. These were spot on, good shell fit, no lift, and as they were Langes brought back memories of my calendar as a student. Never thought I would have the flange girl on my feet.

Custom footbed as my existing ones were suitable as a doorstop, heated liner and the shell leg alignment thing adjusted and we were done. They felt very tight, but shell fit had about 13 mm so all good.

Today I skied on them at Chillfactore. First time skiing since easter, so first 2 or 3 runs I was tensed up and had some arch pain. Once I relaxed all was good, and the pain went. Only adjustment I made was to tighten the top two buckles, I did 31 runs and was in the boots for around 2 1/2 hours. Didn't need to loosen the buckles once.

Much more responsive on the snow. I was at last able to feel my feet and what they were doing while I was skiing. Look forward to a few more fridge sessions while Mrs endo continues her learning, then some practice together.

If in doubt about seeing a proper boot fitter, don't be. These are only the fourth boot I have owned in 25 years, and the only ones to feel like they fit me since my original Raichle Flexons back in the 80's.

I discovered I have low volume foot, narrow ankle, normal ish forefoot, and bones that do something when socks are put on. Quite pleased with how they look as well, http://www.lange-boots.com/product/rx-120-low-volume
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think always worth re-affirming this. I think some people under-estimate the value of the 'right boot'... and checking you have the right boot with somebody you know.

My current pair didn't come from Colin (as I was in resort when I got them) but it was kind of his idea. I had spent 2 days in resort on the 110 flex boots that Coyote in Wales had (wrongly - by all accounts) fitted me with, then went and splashed on the same model in a 130 flex boot. Getting my weight forward used to just mean my boots collapsed. Now it means my skis bend - like they're meant to.

Skis are a simple concept and fundamentally do not work if your boots does not allow you to transmit your weight, through them, into the skis. Simple as that. It's not just a comfort thing, the wrong boots will prevent you from skiing properly with the best will in the world.

So million times or not... good post IMO Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dp, 110 boots with your frame. JESUS!!

How did you not land on your face.

Still you would find the transition to 120yo leather boots and timber planks easy enough Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
4 more hours on them today, Perfect. top buckles have been shifted so I can have them tighter. Can't wait to get them on proper slopes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You on a 110 @dp?

That should be the flex of your slippers not ski boots
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops I was and I thought I just couldn't ski very well

Changed to a 130 at Colin's recommendation and it changed everything. Moving my weight actually affected the skis, rather than just being absorbed by the boots collapsing.

@PaulC1984 yeah mate I know, it sucked!!! (Colin's response to the crappy footbeds they sold me was Look! He's even been stupid enough to write his name on the bottom!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy