Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OktoberTest side events

Poster: A snowHead
As you may know, Admin is arranging his usual SH Works outings to Hemel and Manchester for the skiers to try some new gear. Wondering if the one true edge bretheren (and sisterhood naturally) are interested in attending at the same time to preach the good word and maybe show the polesters what they're missing?

Admin says he's never been able to achieve the critical mass needed to do a proper snowboard kit test, but maybe if we get enough interest this year maybe we could convince EB to get TSA to bring some kit down next time. If anyone's got spare kit they'd be willing to loan around then perhaps we can even get a bit of a grass-roots kit demo session together at the same time...

Any thoughts? Would you be interested in going just to prove that SH does have a few live snowboarders to The Man? Which fridge would you prefer? Would you bring along kit for people to have a play on?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be interested in Hemel, and I'm game to share kit - got the Jones Flagship 158, an old K2 WWW 154, and even older Burton Triumph 160, and a set of medium step in Flow bindings spare at the moment which i'd bring along.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nah. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

Havery one of these spare though if you need any kit
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I could easily make Hemel, and the parking's free from what I remember.
I doubt I've anything to contribute in terms of gear which UK people would want to use, mind.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The problem is, they only have drag lifts at the snow domes

And I have never ever ever ever ever seen a snowboarder not make a massive drama out of getting on one.

Basically, further proving why it is a stupid pointless hobby that involves an insane amount of faff for the sole benefit of looking a bit less square
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can see we're going to need to arrange demonstrations for you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dp, In fairness the fridge dwelling boarders are cool with the Pomas.
It's just the top, bottom and middle of the slope where they get in the way
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd be interested in Hemel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can bring a variety of big boards with various degrees of edge shot. Anyone fancy a Volkl Renntiger with hard plate bindings? (I know philwig as more modern metal shizzle)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, if you're planning on going to HH, I'll bring your crutches back to you too.
*Hopefully* if @Always29 skis that day she won't need them on the way home...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would support this for next year ( Manchester CF), and Mr G would certainly love to swap / test boards - but I'm hors de combat this year. Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, I thought the Volkl Renntigers were the hot skis from the 90's?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
& alpine board done in the same graphics.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right. Have officially signed up for the event now. I will bring my 3 boards along and a spare set of bindings.
snow report
Went to the thread to sign up but I'm away that weekend. Would have happily loaned out my boards. Good effort @Richard_Sideways, maybe next year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy