Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap flights to Pyrenees?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We'll be motorhoming in Spain in march and would like to fly out our kids to ski with us in the Pyrenees. Does anyone know the best airport fir the cheapest flights? Any Ryan air or easyJet?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EasyJet to Biarritz?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EasyJet Gatwick Toulouse.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ryanair Stansted or Birmingham to Perpignan?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@poppyb, which resort will you be skiing at ?.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also looking for the best one for us - has to have motorhome campsite nearby or preferably right on the lifts and maybe cheap warm chalets on the site too for my kids. Do you have any suggestions? It can be a smaller resort. Cost is a factor with us all. I guess ski passes are all of a muchness?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Resorts on de spanish side of the Pyrenees are considerably less expensive than their french cousins.
Cerler, Boi-Taull and Baqueira-Beret are the best resorts. BB is rather expensive for spanish standards, but well priced compared to France. Boi-Taull is an artificial resort (like Les Menuires but much much much smaller.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We usually find Barcelona the cheapest, but Toulouse is usually a shorter transfer. BA actually often are cheaper than the the budget airlines, also Vueling. There are campsites in Andorra, which although not in resort, nowhere is very far in Andorra.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you want to go to the Pyrennées, Ryanair flights to Carcassone are also a good option
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When we went to Andorra, we found that Vueling into Barcelona was by far the cheapest option.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been to pyrenees (andorra) a few times from both Barcelona and toulouse. I find there are more options for cheap flights to Barcelona as easyjet, ryanair, jet2 all fly there from most UK airports.

Whilst the distance is slightly further the roads, if driving, we find easier from the Spanish side. We also have a motorhome too and I'd prefer the drive up from barcelona.

If you drive to Grau Roig (it's the valley between Pas De La Casa and Soldeu) there are loads of motorhomes which park and stay in a car park right by the lifts. We've not stayed but it looks an excellent location but I'm guessing you have to be self sufficient, no hook up. I'm not sure on other accommodation in the Grau Roig valley but it is very well linked by lifts to the Pas side and there is a lift linking to the Soldeu side too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're going to be on the Spanish side then Girona (Ryanair) and Barcelona are your only real options, although Toulouse is fine if you ski in Baqueira-Beret, and I guess Zaragoza is OK too if you'll end up on the western side.

I'm not too familiar with the campsite options in winter, but I know for a fact that there's a winter one in the Benasque valley (for skiing in Cerler), and at least one in the Val d'Aran (for skiing in Baqueira-Beret). I would imagine that there would be some that serve Formigal-Panticosa, and Astún / Candanchú as well. On the eastern side, I don't know, but if you're on that side then it's trivial to get to the French Catalan resorts, where I can't believe there wouldn't be any, what with the French love of camping.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How old are your kids? When we holidayed near Perpignan one of ours joined us via Eurostar and the TGV Paris>Perpignan and back. He got a 1st class ticket for a very competitive price. His 07:15 train in Perpignan got him back to Brighton in time to watch a match kicking-off at 19:30. I've visited a friend for skiing in the French Pyrenees by flying to Montpellier (easyJet and BA) and then taking the train to Perpignan to be picked-up there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@poppyb, you can park your motor home for free in the big car park at El Tarter by the Gondola. Also I’ve just returned from Barcelona on EasyJet at a cost of under £100 for two of us, but no hold luggage.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy