Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Eateries.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm planning a trip for a few families (adults + teens) at Christmas or Easter.

Flaine was suggested but I'm worried about it's limited restaurant provision (I'm banned from finding self-catering as no-one wants to cook in the evening).
Previously we went to Zell am See so we are a little spoiled after eating there.

Does anyone have any recommended eateries and are they very busy over school holiday periods?

Thanks in advance?

Gary
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea what they are like during that period but

Brasserie des Cimes - is always a decent place to eat and we have never been dissapointed.

Blackside - relatively small inside but with heated "tented" area does some really nice food aswell as some good wines / beer. Also a good place to hire equipment from or buy something interesting - one of my favourites in Flaine!

Totem / Terminal Neige - has a nice restaurant that is open to non residents with a good choice of food in a buffet style.

Pizzeria Chez Pierrot - some good pizza's but does get booked up quickly and owner can be a bit moody!

Le blanchot - we have always enjoyed the food here when we have stopped while on the slopes.

Chez Daniel - only eaten here once but intend to go back at some point.

White pub - an odd one the first time we went here for a drink we were unsure but dont let all the black etc put you off, they seem to do plenty of cleaning and the nachos are fantastic!

Lagrange - the food seemed decent and staff were friendly.

To be honest we have never had a problem finding somewhere to eat and although there are a few places we wouldn't bother with again, there are a lot more places to eat than some would suggest.
Even the burgers in the bowling alley looked like they might be worth a try!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LDM, many many thanks for such a comprehensive list and quick reply.

Looks like we are off to Flaine...hopefully.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Backing up @LDM, Terminal Neige hotel is worth a visit - for drinks at the very least. And his/her description of Chez Pierrot is bang on too. Definitely worth booking.

Le Michet is my favourite in Flaine - just a short stroll up the piste. Great food and very attentive/low pressure waiting staff. You pay for it, but very much worth it.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@garyham, you were "spoiled" in Austria?

You won't like France then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Completely forgot to mention Le Michet as we have not eaten there but always hear good things!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Michet has been added to the list

Thanks again folks. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm banned from finding self-catering as no-one wants to cook in the evening

But if you want to eat in a range of restaurants (top plan) a self-catering apartment would be ideal, surely?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolutely...I plan to go for a self-catering apartment...just making sure I don't run the risk of actually having to self-cater Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@garyham, Laughing Most resorts also have some "traiteurs" selling good ready-made stuff for you to take and serve at home. I don't know Flaine well, just spent a few days there, but restaurants were notably more expensive for lunch than I'd used to in my obscure corner of the French Alps. Having your own place for breakfast, snatched lunch, beers in the fridge and gin and tonics before you go out to dinner will save you a packet to spend on good evening meals.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pam w, I'll keep an eye out for the 'traiteurs'...thanks. G&T/Beers goes without saying. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

but restaurants were notably more expensive for lunch than I'd used to in my obscure corner of the French Alps.

Totally agree. Flaine used to be very good value on the hill but prices seemed to rocket a few years ago Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy