Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard bags for skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been thinking about getting one of those nice big snowboard bags with wheels. They look as if they would fit a pair of skis as well as adequate clothing for a week. Anyone tried this as an alternative to carrying two bags? (My skis are 170cm).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've an old DaKine "dually" that I got a off a mate - he skiied ano boarded for a wihle, so the bag take on board and one pair of skis. I use it for two pairs of skis without any problems

I know you can get wheelie bags to take two pairs of skis, as my mate has one- the advantage of that I suppose is that there'll be the right things fo holding thr skis in place? I think his is a sno & rock own brand
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. I basically would want one that would fit (most) of my clothing as well, for one week. Some of the board bags look bag in enough in termsof capacity, but not sure if they come long enough for my 170cm skis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
conor, I asked a similar question last year...except I wanted a bag that would fit my snowboard and 170cm skis. If you try a search you may find it...there were a couple of useful suggestions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's very possible to use snowboard bags for skis, although most board bags are designed under about 175cm... THere are plenty of longer bags out there, you just need to check that you get the right one for your ski length. Da Kine would prbably be a good place to start - K2 actually make a ski specific board bag, too...

Ooh, just found a Da Kine bag called the consourse double... It has a padded pole compartment, split levels design for accessibility and come in at 185cm...

Also, Ellis Brigham do their own one for £70, specs below...

This wheeled bag has raised the bar for ski luggage. Why? Well, it can fit full set-ups for two people. That’s boots, skis, poles, helmets and a few accessories. With lots of padding and a strong internal divider you can be sure all that kit is safe. If you’re the kind of person who likes to take the kitchen sink with them on holiday then look no further because this is the bag that will do it.

Hope that helps...

Ian
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fall Line Editor, thank you very much for that. I've looked up the Dakine Concourse Double bag and it looks well worth checking out. I basically want to see if I can get away with having only one piece of luggage to carry skis and everything else (but maybe take the boots as hand luggage), which will obviously mean being economic with the packing of non-ski clothing. I reckon it can be done for a one week trip.

By the way, when is your magazine's last issue of the season. I had my gift subscription renewed before Christmas and I haven't had anything through the door since Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
conor, see thread 'A quickie about two pairs in bag' from a couple of days ago for a similar discusssion about big ski bags. I reckon something similar to my ski bag would suit you perfectly. My skis are 176 and I can easily pack a week's worth of gear in there.

Something to be considered though is on my last trip the airline said it would leave skis behind if there wasn't enough room and give priority to other luggage, meaning putting all your eggs in one basket might not be advisable. Has this ever happened to anyone or is it just an empty threat?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gidday Guys,

I use the Animal pro double with wheels. Takes up to 180cm. A great bag as it'll fit my other halves board, my 175cm skis, her boots and a load of clothes.
I got it from ebay last season. I'm sure someone must sell them if you do a search.
This bag is plenty big enough if I'm heading away by myself for up to a week. I can get everything in it, Boots, skis, clothes etc and then just take the rucksack on as hand luggage.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can get snowboard/bindings 2 pairs of skis, a pair of ski boots & Snowboard boots plus shovel, poles etc in a Da Kine low roller 185. This will easily take skis up to 188. They do a higher version which would be way too heavy filled with kit. Can be difficult to get hold of in that legth since most boarders want 165.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
conor, I use a log wheely snowboard bag to transport my 2 pairs of skis through airports. I got my bag from Snow and Rock. Dakine do them too (Mr S has got a Dakine snowboard wheely bag).

My skis are 160cm and 171cm.

The bags hold loads of stuff although I doubt they'd hold 2 pairs of skis plus ski boots. My helmet won't fit in the bag. Therefore I have another different-shaped split-roller wheely bag for my other stuff.

They're wheely good! rolling eyes snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the wheeled snowboard bag is an excellent invention, knew you skiiers would catch eventually! dont forget your baggy pants and beanie Wink

seriously though my Dakine roller bag only just accepts my A boards "Axel Pauporte" 166 so measure before you buy, you may look a little odd lugging your skis around the local town centre but better safe than sorry.

Many board bags come with 2 "boot bags" that clip in and will happily accept quite a bit of clothing too, also if you get one of the wheelie soft haldalls that split in two, its fairly easy to tow the two around without mishaps. add a da kie heli pack with drink bladder and you're sorted. Easiest transfer ever this year, no struggles at all!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lo-ridah wrote:
seriously though my Dakine roller bag only just accepts my A boards "Axel Pauporte" 166 so measure before you buy, you may look a little odd lugging your skis around the local town centre but better safe than sorry.

The ski shop you buy the wheely bag from should contain skis (of different lengths) you can use to measure up against the bag, to save you lugging a ski around town. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've got a DaKine snowbaord double roller for our skis and it works perfectly. Normally carry 2 pairs of skis (Recons (174s) and B2s), poles and all our clothes. Then we just end up taking one other bag for boots, helmets and the rest of out kit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bleaklow, welcome to snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy