Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and the Espace Killy 2017/18 (Closed - No more posts please!)

Poster: A snowHead
Rob_Quads wrote:
Quick question - Do you think its OK for a child to use an adult lift pass? Stupidly its cheaper for us to buy 4 adult passes (on buy one get one half price) than either the family ticket or 2 adult + 2 child tickets.

I can't see why it would be a problem, but I would defer to others who have more experience.

How did you get he 2-1 lift passes?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@FrediKanoute, TDC are very highly rated in Espace Killy. I've used them for myself and for my guests, the feedback is first class.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-44208391

RIP
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rip

Any word on what exactly happened?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I know, he was out alone in very bad weather so unlikely anyone will ever know exactly what happened.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Le Dauphine reports he was found in a stream between Le Lac and Lac Du Chevril - doesn't say where - in oor below the villages. But the weather was some of the worst I have seen at the time so maybehe had gone beyond the lower parts of Lavachet.

RIP
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It will at least be closure for the family.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

What’s this then?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do we get a clue?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RIP - how very sad. His family can finally have some form of closure.

@Timg60, you've lost me ... whats' this meant to show?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@franga,
Quote:

@Timg60, you've lost me ... whats' this meant to show?

Ditto........ Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Workers camp from when they built the funiclar?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Threateneed snow dome/snow conservation site?

Nothing obvious on web cam other than the 'flattened' area by the funi.
snow conditions
@Maersk, That's going up on the open air carpark from the Tichot lift down towards Lac.

That area often has a pile of scrap in it (old cables etc). I think its just a 'mustering area for kit' - standard lorries can get there and heavy stuff is then dragged up the Grand Motte on a caterpillar contraption. My guess would be that we may soon see 2 shiny new Cable Car Cabins for the Grand Motte
ski holidays
^^^^Hmm....That could be right - bit disappointed to find (on Tignes website) that this will be the second successive summer that the cable car will not be operating for summer skiing... rolling eyes

Looks as though the early summer skiing at least will also not have the 3100 drag lift running - so no access to anything like the upper runs....Bit rubbish that - & rethinking a possible early July visit as a result... Confused
snow report
@mountainaddict, To be fair that work has been programmed for 3 years, so not really a surprise. The website is saying Termignon (formally known as the 3500 lift) opens on 30 Jun until 5 Aug so you should catch it on an early July trip.
latest report
Thanks chocksaway. I'll plead ignorance - I haven't seen anything on the website saying how long the cable car works had been programmed in for, or how long they might last. I had assumed it was just last summer...

Ah! That's better re the Termignon lift. It's not called that on the summer piste map online - so no wonder I couldn't find it rolling eyes My mistake with the name of the 3500 lift though...
snow report
Val di'sere posted a video on their Facebook page of the terrain due to open on Sunday along with some more info:

Looks like more than enough snow still for some good spring skiing.

Quote:

Ski d'été J-0⃣4⃣! Toutes les dernières infos c'est par ici!
Vous n'y croyez pas? Et bien si, il reste vraiment de quoi faire! (En plus skier en chemise c'est cool non?)

Infos utiles pour dimanche (à lire attentivement):

✔ Les horaires:
- Ouverture de la caisse du Funival : 6H30 à 10H30.
- Ouverture Funival : 6H30.
- Ouverture TSD Marmottes : 6H45.
- Dernière montée TSD Marmottes : 12H00.
- Fermeture du Funival : 12H10.
✔ Les pistes ouvertes (selon conditions d’enneigement):
- Piste OK (réservée entraînements/compétitions) (rouge).
- Piste Diébold (bleue).
- Piste Verte (verte).
- A confirmer : Piste 3J (bleue).
✔ Le stationnement:
- Le stationnement des véhicules se fera sur l’aire de retournement des bus (parking Scara), puis l’accès se fera à pied par la passerelle du Funival.
- L’accès à la gare de départ du Funival est interdit à tous véhicules (sauf service pistes/commune, RM et secours)
✔ Services:
- Des WC publics gratuits sont disponibles à l’arrivée du Funival
Attention : pas de restaurants d’altitude ouverts
✔ Sécurité:
- D’importants travaux sont en cours sur le secteur de la Daille, il est donc très fortement déconseillé de descendre hors-piste, en aval du départ du TSD Marmottes.

--> Pour ceux qui ont acheté un forfait saison à tarif public l’hiver dernier vous bénéficiez de la gratuité du forfait de ski d’été.

Alors à dimanche!

PS: Leo Taillefer & Justine Blanc sont d'ailleurs allés tester le terrain pour vous:

Looking at the webcam for Fornet today, the road clearing operation has only just got to the top of the Fornet cable car. It'll probably be a while still before they get to the Col.

snow report
@mountainaddict, It has actually been 3 years - believe it or not, but only the real visible stuff will be happen this year. I did notice that the summer ski piste map retains the old name. I can only assume they changed the T bar name so we don't have a piste and a lift of the same name (even if 3500 is a bit of artistic licence - more like 3400!!).

Still next summer you will be able to ride up 'open top' doing a passable impression of Celine and Leonardo - no doubt Very Happy

snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@mountainaddict, It has actually been 3 years - believe it or not, but only the real visible stuff will be happen this year. I did notice that the summer ski piste map retains the old name. I can only assume they changed the T bar name so we don't have a piste and a lift of the same name (even if 3500 is a bit of artistic licence - more like 3400!!).

Still next summer you will be able to ride up 'open top' doing a passable impression of Celine and Leonardo - no doubt Very Happy

Reminds me of 'The Beach' on Oasis Overland's trucks in Africa & on the Silk Road. Laughing
snow report
chocksaway wrote:

That's awesome, I want a go! Might be a bit chilly though...
snow conditions
Wow! That's amazing Very Happy. Looking forward to an open air ride on a -25C day in January Laughing
snow report
Wow! That's amazing Very Happy. Looking forward to an open air ride on a -25C day in January Laughing
snow report
anyone still out there and managed to ski or planning to ski the Val D'Isere slopes they've opened??
latest report
I'll be there in 4 weeks time. Hopefully skiing on Pisaillas, if they dig the road out by then.

The forecast is for a lot of rain this week and I wonder if that will wipe out the Bellevarde runs.
snow report
@kitenski, not out there myself, but got an email from an old friend (free ski pass old) yesterday who said he got on the lift at 7:00 yesterday and enjoyed nearly 4 hours of skiing, until the snow got too soft. Apparently the authorities were giving away free coffee and hot chocolate at the bottom of the funi to boot.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few familiar faces at the opening of the Col du Petit St Bernard:-
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10160540312165370&set=pcb.10160540321435370&type=3&theater
snow report
@Kenzie, Funny how I seem to be handing over cash when I see those faces in winter!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@Kenzie, Funny how I seem to be handing over cash when I see those faces in winter!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To be fair, beer is often coming the other way. snowHead
snow conditions
According to Radio Val the Col de L'Iseran will open towards the end of next week, probably the 15th.
ski holidays
I'm VERY excited that they're building a Cocorico in Tignes! Might well be a trip to Tignes next March instead of Val for the first time in ten years.

For anyone who's interested, it's that bar next to the Lanches chair in Val Claret, near the Funival. It was often our coffee stop bar but Cocorico will be MUCH more fun, YAY!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 10-06-18 17:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Not heard that! Is that the Carline going then @HoneyBunny, I shan't miss the weak coffee and the worst loos in the World!

PS Is Cocricos suitable for gentlemen of a certain age to make a fool of themselves??
ski holidays
@chocksaway, yep and definitely yep! It's an older crowd than the Folie and (I think) much more fun and less pretentious. It's great news for Tignes.

Proof here:

https://www.facebook.com/CocoricoTignes/
ski holidays
Coco is huge fun, with live bands playing MOR sing along anthem type music. Expect a great fun atmosphere, for all ages.

I thought the new one in VC was common knowledge.

As a pure aside, I was in Mallorca a couple of weeks ago on a cycling Hol and who should I bump into on the Pine Walk? My friend, Cocorico owner Victor Jarland. Victor is a very competitive cyclist and keen racer.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, Ta - I don't do FB! But good news for Tignes. The picture made me laught, the tree behind the Cockerels' head on the roundabout has grown since I climbed it for a very good view of the Tour de France finish on 07!
ski holidays
Col de l'Iseran was cleared this morning. The road opens tomorrow.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, nor do I, you don't need to be signed up to see the link Smile

@bar shaker, it was news to me, and very exciting too. Good news on the road opening too!! I wonder if it's ever taken that long.
ski holidays
Did anybody else see the large geometric sculptures at the French Grand Prix by Val D'Isere's favourite sculptor (Richard Orlinski (sp?)). He seems to have gone large for the Grand Prix - good to see an oversized red Kong again!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy