Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and the Espace Killy 2017/18 (Closed - No more posts please!)

Poster: A snowHead
Just arrived in Val Claret. The snow depths on the road alongside the lake are just amazing - 3 metre walls of snow in late April?! Shocked

Wow!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm out for the weekend and looking forward to it. The snow has never gone down all year.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So read with interest that Val are reopening 3 lifts in the Belvedere sector on 3rd June for summer ski until road access to the glacier and Col d’ Israen is cleared .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rob Mackley wrote:
So read with interest that Val are reopening 3 lifts in the Belvedere sector on 3rd June for summer ski until road access to the glacier and Col d’ Israen is cleared .

I can see easily there being snow on the Belvarde into June. There is nearly 3m at the moment!

They started digging the road out a few weeks ago but it is a mammoth task this year. I wonder if they will even complete it in time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am presuming that they are opening these lifts on the basis that the road wouldn’t have been dug out in time for 3rd June
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes @Rob Mackley, I wonder if they will complete it at all this year.

The Iseran bike ride is booked for the 24th June, that's probably optimistic.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.skipass.com/news/live/inedit-le-ski-dete-sur-bellevarde.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's amazing re the Bellevarde summer skiing Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will be out in Geneva around the second half of June. A quick trip up to Val d'sere, tempting
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have a long weekend booked for hiking, at the start of July. Looks like we will be skiing instead.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What kind of km of pistes are we talking about being open?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The flyer says OK and Verte but would expect Diebold to be open too.

The weather for the closing weekend is amazing. Not a cloud in the sky and few expected.

There’s still a metre of snow on the ground in La Daille.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a great ski around Fornet glacier with perfect crisp cold snow.

Then we went to watch the waterski at Oulliette. OMFG that was fun, especially as it got more drunken.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A meter of snow at la Daille. Hmm. Maybe between the bare patches.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bar shaker, I looked at the pictures of the waterski event on Radio Val d’Isere’s website and it looked a decent laugh.

Also a group of people enjoying a picnic/drinks on the snow at the bottom of La Daille on the webcam.

Do you know if anywhere will be open to rent skis June/July ( dragging my own might be awkward) and if buses will run to the Funival from the top of town? I often stay at the Toviere but I don’t think its open then.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 28-04-18 21:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:
A metre of snow at la Daille. Hmm. Maybe between the bare patches.
What bare patches Puzzled

Are you in resort Davidof? I am - and didnt see any bare patches when I skied down there two days ago. Nor down to Les Boisses (1800m) or Les Brevieres (1500m).

Soft and slushy yes - but it is nearly May after all. Amazing low level snow cover for this time of year.
snow conditions
@muppet, The rental shops in town will be open as they also rent MTBs. The buses run in summer just as in winter.

@davidof, there aren’t bare patches. The pisties are doing a brilliant job and where the snow is untouched, it’s still a metre deep. Jealousy is a terrible thing Laughing

Here’s the Val Radio video page. It’s a funny video. http://www.radiovaldisere.com/index.php?p=vids#vidPreview
snow conditions

La Daille 29th April
Just took this...
ski holidays
I don’t want to build anyone’s hopes up, but the forecasts are pointing to a significant dump of fresh snow tonight and wall to wall sunshine tomorrow. Temps are set to fall to +1 or +2 max tomorrow (village level) but colder over night.

We could be in for a treat!!
snow report
bar shaker wrote:

@davidof, there aren’t bare patches. The pisties are doing a brilliant job and where the snow is untouched, it’s still a metre deep. Jealousy is a terrible thing Laughing

I must have imagined skiing around them then

More like 60cm in resort at the moment.
ski holidays
@davidof, Where are you staying ?

I can't think of anywhere in Val d'Isere that has snow guns this close to a road. Or a poma tow !
ski holidays
@bar shaker, Hope you had a good weekend and end of season.

I'm concerned about transport/hire in June as I know the buses only run from the last weekend in June until the last weekend in August. If the resort is opening Bellevarde I'm sure they have thought about transport and hire stuff though.
Shame Toviere is not available but I'm sure Florence has said in the past that the French ski team take over the hotel for summer training, either that or the new project being built next door has altered things.
snow report
muppet wrote:
@davidof, Where are you staying ?

I can't think of anywhere in Val d'Isere that has snow guns this close to a road. Or a poma tow !

that's the funival track.
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
http://www.skipass.com/news/live/inedit-le-ski-dete-sur-bellevarde.html

I don't fully understand the announcement - it says the limited Bellevarde area will be open from June 3 until July 13 but also says duration 'about 15 days'

Does this mean it will only be open for about 15 days during the stated dates? (and will close when the road to the Pissaillas glacier is dug out?)

I'm near Geneva first week of July, tempted for a day trip down there for the novelty if it's open on those dates.
latest report
muppet wrote:
@bar shaker, Hope you had a good weekend and end of season.

I'm concerned about transport/hire in June as I know the buses only run from the last weekend in June until the last weekend in August. If the resort is opening Bellevarde I'm sure they have thought about transport and hire stuff though.
Shame Toviere is not available but I'm sure Florence has said in the past that the French ski team take over the hotel for summer training, either that or the new project being built next door has altered things.

I was forgetting that this will be June and not July. Normally it is like a ghost town in May and June. The only people here are builders. We’ve stayed in Toviere in July and August, when our apartment was being refurbed. Then it was mostly car clubs with the car park full of Ferrari’s and Porsches.

The problem is that no one knows yet what what will be open or running.

I guess we’ll have to wait for more news.
snow conditions
Well how good was that?!!!

What a finish! We went straight up to Pisallas and it was just incredible. Untracked powder everywhere.

By 1pm it seemed everyone else had the same idea so now heading to Folie for the closing party.

I love Espace Killy.
snow conditions
Adieu everyone. Not sure I will back on the forum again. Great season!
snow report
Hi Everyone, looking for a little advice re Tignes. We are looking to head there next season, probably during half term. We will be driving and looking to stay around Tignes Le Lac. Does anyone have any experience in booking car parking space as some of the apartments we are looking at do not have private car parking. Appreciate any recommendations.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FrediKanoute wrote:
Hi Everyone, looking for a little advice re Tignes. We are looking to head there next season, probably during half term. We will be driving and looking to stay around Tignes Le Lac. Does anyone have any experience in booking car parking space as some of the apartments we are looking at do not have private car parking. Appreciate any recommendations.

You can book parking in Lac via the official Tignes website, dead easy.
latest report
They seem to be cracking on with the new La Daille gondela. The old bubbles are all lined up outside the building and Radio Val d’Isere have pictures of the new pylons being delivered.
latest report
@FrediKanoute, But if you are coming at half term book the car park before the end of November - it will fill up. Of the 3 in Le Lac you need Lac 3. There are very few private parking slots in Tignes.
snow report
Thanks for the heads up.
snow conditions
Looks like a big dump in Val d'Isere overnight. Shocked Shocked Shocked

latest report
@Gaza, Conditions look great on the mid to higher slopes! Shame it's all shut.

Some info from another source about the Bellevarde opening from 3rd June until the Col d'Iseran is finished being dug out:

http://blog.valdiseretelepheriques.fr/ski-ete-bellevarde/?lang=en
latest report
Lets hope the new La Daille bubbles have this much snow on them come the end of November!!

http://www.radiovaldisere.com/index.php?p=photos
snow conditions
May 2018...

snow conditions

The old lift station at La Daille is nearly gone.
snow report
Some serious investment going on in Val in the past few years, very impressive.

So much snow still, what a shame everything is shut and it's going to waste Mad Mad Mad Mad
snow conditions
Hi guys we have taken the plunge and booked an apartment in Tignes Le Lac for Feb half term in 2019. Will be our first time in Tignes as a family group.

Next thing we need to organise is ski school for the kids. Does anyone have any experience with Evolution 2, Ultimate Snow Sports or PDS? We are leaning towards New Generation as they were great last year in Meribel.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
ski holidays
Quick question - Do you think its OK for a child to use an adult lift pass? Stupidly its cheaper for us to buy 4 adult passes (on buy one get one half price) than either the family ticket or 2 adult + 2 child tickets.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy