Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
Snow depth at Lac des Vaux now equalling all time seasonal highs, with plenty more due this week.

https://www.slf.ch/en/avalanche-bulletin-and-snow-situation/measured-values.html

Nothing open above Ruinettes today so far and Savolyeres bubble closed.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like Bruson delivered in the storm!
https://www.facebook.com/powderextreme/posts/10155758778036210
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Col de Forclaz now closed until March https://www.lenouvelliste.ch/articles/valais/canton/le-col-de-la-forclaz-ferme-jusqu-en-mars-730240

Just as well St Bernard tunnel has reopened!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bruson was pretty epic today. First visit and they opened the back T-bar snowHead Everything within easy reach of a lift was well tracked but the lines off the T-bar were sensational; still plenty of knee-deep scarcely tracked / untracked to be found 😬
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

An example of what made me so happy 😬
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very fine skiing off the back of Bruson today

http://youtube.com/v/JGltZdU7tzs
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We’re at avalanche level 5 today. First time since 1999 in Verbier.

The police have shut all the footpaths and it’s possible that none of the lift system will operate.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Game over. Resort lockdown.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thinking of making a cheeky day trip tomorrow. The missus has to book the time off this afternoon.

What chance do you think of the resort reopening? I realise it's an impossible question, but is the answer "no chance"?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There may not be much open above Ruinettes. The Le Châble bubble is currently hors service because of a landslide.

It could be amazing, or not.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, that's a dampener as I was going to drive to Le Chable. The extra drive up to Verbier makes the day a bit short.

I think it's probably better to postpone and go another time.

Thanks for the quick feedback.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snoozeboy, anyway, I would be slightly doubtful about much opening myself.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’d probably be a bit more optimistic than Steve. The snow seems to have tapered off now and the Savoleyres side is already open from La Tzoumaz. I’d be surprised if Bruson is not open tomorrow and also la Chaux Express opening up Fontenay. Possibly Funispace in the afternoon. Suspect it will be quiet and the snow could be epic... you can ski Bruson to avoid coming up the Verbier side or flip across if the gondola opens and more opens up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all your feedback.

I'll keep an eye on it and then make a decision as late as possible this afternoon.

I've skied Bruson a few times already, so I was really looking at Verbier. The missus and I have season passes at PdS and part of that gives 5 days free at Verbier. A few times a season, she takes a day off work and we ski somewhere and have a really nice lunch, so I was thinking Verbier. I'm looking for nice snow on piste and a very good lunch as she's not into off-piste or powder.

The whole of February is out because of work commitments and so's the rest of this week, so it's either tomorrow or wait til March.

I guess she can book the day off and if the worse comes to the worst, we can always ski PdS, albeit on wetter snow. I think the weather is supposed to clear mid morning with light to moderate winds.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I’d do it if I were you. Ski Savoleyres or La Chaux. Book Chez Dany (assuming she’s ok on the path to get there) for which you only need Ruinettes to be open, Marmotte on Savoleyres side, or Dahu terrace if La Chaux Open. Should be glorious in the sunshine. If Le Chable shut drive up to the Verbier Perin car park and get the shuttle bus to Medran http://www.verbier.ch/en/resort-and-useful-information/mobility-transports/car-parking/car-parking-listingm-ilo35.html
ski holidays
Thanks @BobinCH, we ate at Marmotte during a similar trip last year and both loved it. Both Dahu and Chez Dany look great too.

The path to Chez Dany's marked as an itinerary. I'd say she's a good intermediate skier - she can ski parallel, happy on reds and easy blacks, but she's really not happy on un-pisted. Given the off piste tomorrow below 1800m is likely to be like wet cement, what do you reckon?
latest report
It should be fine for an intermediate. My kids love it. It’s very shallow, like a blue run but with the odd bump or narrow turn as it’s not pisted. The piste to get down to where the path starts is a steepish red but probably corduroy tomorrow 😉

Book a table on the terrace. The view is magnificent.
ski holidays

ski holidays
@BobinCH, Thanks again for your help. Time off is now booked and we'll choose what's the best plan early tomorrow morning.
snow report
Such a perfect day. Not everything open, but nice snow where we skied and an outstanding lunch at chez dany.

Thanks all for advice.
ski holidays
Oh boy, but what was open was awesome!

http://youtube.com/v/xHKN-Hebons

And tomorrow we’ll be back up to the top 😎
snow report
@BobinCH, No one there snowHead
snow report
In good company on Mont Gele today. Gave him a few technique tips 😉 #JeremieHeitz

ski holidays
Best day of the season today 😎
snow report
It is all rather sublime.

Got some lovely lines off the greppon yesterday morning and rock and roll was lovely late afternoon.
snow conditions
@Steve Sparks, can't beat a bit of Greppon Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/GTwY9qty7FY
ski holidays
Cheeky backside 😎

http://youtube.com/v/_t19LCZRbw8
ski holidays
After all that snow last week have things settled down now?

I'm arriving in Verbier on Thursday for a long weekend after a gap of 5 years. Can't wait.

What's changed in town any new venues?

The forecast is looking VERY promising Toofy Grin for heavy snow Thursday/ Friday, hopefully there will be a little window of opportunity to take advantage wink

How does the new link to Brunson work? Is it straight through from Medran to mid Station now ??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For Bruson you just take the gondola down from Medran to Le Chable, then change onto the gondola up to Bruson from the same building (you do have to get out as the two gondolas an independent).

If you arrive in time to ski on Thursday, you could take advantage of a promotion to get a Bruson only pass for 20 CHF on Thursdays (it doesn't apply in peak weeks, but should apply this week). And apparently you can then upgrade it to a 4V pass by just paying the normal difference between a daily Bruson and 4V pass (~23 CHF)
ski holidays
Thanks Viv

Sadly I arrive Thursday evening.

I thought a change of gondola would be needed but always best to check.

Bruson or Savoleyres maybe a good option, given the weather forecast Wed/ Friday.

Hopefully not to much wind up top to close everything down ?
snow report
It’s been down at avi risk 2 since Friday. Was still pretty damn good on Sunday. Did the L’Eteygeon itinerary and this footage was above Ibiza having done the traverse from the top of the Greppon Blanc
https://quik.gopro.com/v/332AQVdaZM/

And looks like this weekend will be another cracker! Bruson is usually the quickest to open and best bet in bad weather / high avi risk
latest report
This was from last Tuesday after everything was shut on Monday
http://youtube.com/v/G5eKIs5HlnE

Saturday has the potential to be a repeat...
snow report
And this was L’Etygeon on Sunday. Hadn’t skied it for a few years and had forgotten what a fantastic itinerary it is! Bus’s back to les Masses on the hour
https://instagram.com/p/BegsxodBlGV/
snow report
Yesterday was the only break in blue skies all week. The snow volumes got dialled back overnight and in the end we only got between 5 and 10cm. But it fell down to the valley and should make the pistes gorgeous.

Clear and cold this morning, looks like a chilly weekend too. Everything is open and you can sense the anticipation in town of the busy period just around the corner.
ski holidays
Temperatures dropped significantly over the weekend, a few flakes in the air and some amazing effects from ice crystals refracting the sunlight on Saturday. But with the reduced temperatures the pistes were wonderful.

A few signs of holiday crowds starting to appear (people huddled on the side of pistes studying piste maps).
snow report
The view of the Tournelle lift and pistes from Savoleryes this afternoon.

Snowed a bit on the top of Savoleyres (1-2cm) at lunchtime then cleared to hazy sunshine the rest of the afternoon. Piste conditions are excellent and it's all relatively quiet, as you'd expect. Temperatures remain sub-zero. Very little wind. First visit since before Christmas and most obvious thing is that there are a lot more avalanches than usual, across the whole area. Plus, of course, it's obvious that there's a lot more more base to the pistes as well.
latest report
So, Thursday and a temperature inversion that started later yesterday afternoon expanded overnight and rose to a ceiling of about 2400m today. So great skiing above but rather misty below. Photo looking towards Lac de Vaux. The building on the left is Attelas and the Mt.Gelé lift at 2727m

snow report
Exceptional, EXCEPTIONAL, day today!

Cold, really cold with about 30cm of fresh.

Japanese quality blower powder....probably the best I have ever skied here, not the deepest but certainly the lightest.

Although it is half term it was not at all crowded (except trying to find a table a lunchtime...everywhere was rammed...we sat outside and it was cold and quick!). Where did all the skiers go?

The Verbier Crew headed for the obvious places and tracked them out quickly, but that left loads of fresh lines for us on some of the shoulders and off-angle lines that the Crew would regard as punters-lines. Still...we still had fresh at 12 o'clock, they didn't Smile

Chassoure was lovely, moguls not an issue....full scale 4-Valleys trip ensued.

What a day!
latest report
Pistes: fantastic
weather: blue skies, cold
Off Piste: chopped but still powdery

but

Crowded!

Where did they all come from?
latest report
Life is too short...

Snowed overnight, I'd say 10-20cms.

But...turned to rain mid morning, raining all the way to Ruinnettes, and very wet snow for half the distance to Attelas.

Visibility was bad, very flat light. Off piste was quite sludgy but really difficult as the flat light made angle and terrain changes nearly impossible to see.

I sacked it off and downloaded.

However, I must say that I have never seen so much snow here. There are catch-nets that are slung six feet up that are now sub-snow.
Petite-Tortin has been almost unskiable the last couple of years as trees have seeded and grown all over it, they are six feet and more, but all totally under the snow now.
The same on secret Stash.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy