Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead
Beautiful day to bring in the New Year. More here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3157863#3157863

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BobinCH wrote:
Love NYE in place centrale. Last night it was rocking!

http://youtube.com/v/rO-U0GtGVZg

Did they buy the fireworks for about 50 cents from the local 7-11...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piste day in Savolyeres with some family friends.

It was nice...very nice, busy-ish, but no queues to speak of at all.

Weather forecast looks wild for the next two days...I wonder what it will actually be like??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Night skiing Bruson style...

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
20cm overnight and Bruson properly delivered. Here’s the route to Chamoille: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135042&highlight=

http://youtube.com/v/YvuruzBByJg

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 3-01-18 10:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh how quickly things change in the mountains.... Miserable outside with shutters banging and rain up to Ruinettes (2200m) by the look of it. Let’s hope the afternoon cooling does the trick so we can go for a birthday snowboard

!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, all together now:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

and so on.

Who knows what is happening above Ruinettes...the lifts are all closed beyond there so we may never know!

Jobs and cleaning day for us, I walked the dog and it was gusting, GUSTING, down here in Le Chable. Enough bits coming off the trees to make me a bit concerned for my safety when in the woods.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rungsp, not me, the 6yr old! Trying to convince her to brave the elements hoping Chaux express will open but failing miserably...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, Sad But Happy Birthday to Bobinette anyway.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wind 125 kmh at Lac des vaux and 190kmh at Croix de Coeur!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Approaching record snow depths for early season. Odds of exceeding them this time tomorrow?

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Whitegoldilocks, just for you 😍

Credit: Sebastian Albert
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some people are seriously FEKKIN STUPID!

Verbier was at Avi Risk 4 and there were a lot of slides visible...some of them HUGE.

Televerbier were very cautious opening stuff but as soon as the Funispace opened there were people skiing the Attelas Couloirs.
Last season somebody was killed there in an Avi, and the conditions were not nearly as bad as they are now.

It is OBVIOUS that this is mega dangerous...if you are good enough to ski them (very difficult indeed) then you simply cannot be ignorant of Avi risks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rungsp, I was skiing Verbier today and thought the same: I saw two skiers under the top of the funispace without any kit...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just about everything open.
Beautiful day.
A bit busier than I like, but not that bad.
Pistes above Ruinettes were flippin perfect, below were a bit hard and icy/refrozen slush.
Off Piste had every type of snow imaginable depending on height and aspect (except slush).

Some very contrasting weather forecasts for the next few days...let's wait and see.
latest report
Sharkymark wrote:
@rungsp, I was skiing Verbier today and thought the same: I saw two skiers under the top of the funispace without any kit...

It’s amazing there aren’t more problems with the amount of people doing stuff like this! I wonder if they bomb the Attelas couloirs? Huge slabs on the side of Jumbo, Next to the Stairway to Heaven bootpack, Barry’s bowl... avi risk is down to 3 but probably not the time to get hung ho. Imagine Mont Fort will open tomorrow which will be interesting!

Steep skiing is going to be good this year. The Bec is already plastered

latest report
Moody Mont Gélé

snow conditions
Is that blue sky or a mirage...

ski holidays
What a difference a day makes....where did everyone go?

Almost deserted today...OK it was not bluebird but the weather was fine really.

Did Gentiannes this afternoon and top to bottom we were the only people in sight...lovely grippy snow, but a bit strange!
snow conditions
Lovely wind blown powder under the Mont Fort cables this afternoon

http://youtube.com/v/Cx16BWHEVaM
snow conditions
Snowing hard.
Dodgy light at times.
Snow line is at Verbier town, but wet there
Some superb powder up higher...but like I said...dodgy light.
no crowds at all...hardly anyone skiing really.
ski holidays
Reminder for the free ski tests at Ski Service Les Ruinettes shop on Sundays. Tried out a nice pair of Volkl Confession 117’s yesterday. Good for a hard charger looking for a straightish damped ski with no speed limit. But heavy. They had DPS Wailer 112’s, Faction Director 3.0’s and the Scott’s that Jeremie Heitz uses in the racks. No 1 hr limit either. Shout out for Ski Service which is a great ski shop.
latest report
Another 50cm overnight. Wow that wasn’t Forecast!

snow report
Not a lot open...only up to Ruinnettes.

A lot of snow overnight...A LOT!

The off piste that was available was actually not that great...although quite deep it was very heavy, I guess it is all about the temperature.

Up higher it will be lovely, but tomorrow will tell.
snow report
Loving these posts. Travel tonite, hit le CHablet tomorrow afternoon, on slopes Thursday.

@rungsp, @Steve Sparks,@BobinCH & @LaForet: Thanks for all the helpful info, we booked Una Lodge. If you are on the mountain & hear three Americans with an Aussie, odds are that's us.

Now I just need to deal with 3 hours of work!
snow conditions
A mate skied Bruson today and said it was light and fluffy in the trees. Here’s the pic he sent. Avi risk down to 3 means lots more opening tomorrow and Friday. Looking forward to the weekend!

snow report
@nosefacekilla, Una Lodge is really nice...though I am slightly biased as Tom and Millie are good friends of ours!
snow conditions
Wednesday:
Pistes are utterly sublime. Perfectly perfect in every way.

Off piste was incredible in places like Chassoure, Gentiennes and Mont Fort.

It was not at all cold today and that did mean some rapid consolidation of the powder in many places and by the end of the day it was quite heavy and dense in some surprising spots while being lovely and fluffy in others.

Not at all crowded, no queues anywhere.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Re-read yesterday's report for today.

Our last day for a month...over to you Sir Steve Sparks and Bobinch
snow conditions
Thanks @rungsp, Happy to accept the baton.

Some very encouraging forecasts popping up from midweek onwards next week. Could be another metre and down to the valley floor too.
snow report
Mont Fort North face was interesting!

snow conditions
Morning work out

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 14-01-18 16:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Jeremie Heitz above the Cleuson dam on Friday 💪
https://instagram.com/p/Bd3EYyZHcTk/
snow report
Super weekend. There's so much snow that some terrain features have disappeared. And they've even created a new piste in La Chaux, to skiers' left of the blue one.

Let's see what this week brings, next week could be the best week in 3 or 4 seasons......
snow report
I’ll be in the Valais area this Friday and skiing on my tod whilst my Bro’s at work. May well head to Verbier; anyone up for meeting up for some cheeky offpiste if so? snowHead
snow report
Hi All. Will be in Nendaz for the first time at the end of the month with a mixed ability group. I wondered if anyone there could give me an idea of what the black run Fontaines, down from Plan du Fou is like at the moment? I'm presuming with all the snow that it is in good nick and I've heard many here on snowheads advise that is is more of a hard red than a true black. I'd like to avoid having to take the bus from Siviez if possible...
ski holidays
It’s much improved due to snow canons and although fairly steep it’s very wide and normally well groomed
latest report
@Sharkymark, if the forecast is accurate head for Bruson. After a windy dump the snow there is usually deep in the trees and it typically opens quicker than Verbier when the avi risk is high. We’ll probably be there on Saturday.
latest report
Now that’s what I call a Snow Forecast ❄️ ⛄️

ski holidays
@BobinCH, thanks for the tip snowHead Tim’s been frothing about Bruson this weekend too: I think I may end up there more than once!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy