Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating Out in Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
I am booked to ski in Ischgl at Christmas (I had such a good time last year, I just had to go back) but have gone for B&B this time. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Burger King
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
Burger King

Then downstairs for "dessert"?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very amusing. I don't eat at Burger King in the UK, so it's not really an option for Christmas dinner but thanks for the suggestion.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@faceplanter, to be honest I find all Austrian restaurants have an almost identical menu - and I've been to quite a few!

Additionally most guests do half board.

Unless you're looking for high end, just book anywhere that takes your fancy from your first walk up the town.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@faceplanter, Xmas Eve in Austria is quiet.

Family time (Austrian workers all go home to their families).

Your best chance is at one of the Big Hotels which may offer Xmas Eve Dinners but they are expensive (€90+) & maybe not something you would do by yourself if that is the case.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@faceplanter, depends a little on what you are looking for.

Ischgl has some outstanding restaurants such as the Paznauer Stube in Hotel Trofana which regularly wins gourmet accolades or Restaurant Stuva. Obviously those are pretty pricey options.

Other less expensive places include the Trofana Alm or Barrafalla. I like the Bauernkuche at the Loba.

http://www.loba-ischgl.at/de/bauernkueche-loba/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Burger King

Is that what you have fat cloggie?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd recommend the stube side of Hotel Jägerhof, La Nona pizzeria and the Salnerhof.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thesixquidman wrote:
stanton wrote:
Burger King

Is that what you have fat cloggie?

No fast junkfood outlets allowed in Arlberg.

The OP is doing B&B so presumably budget trip therefore why not keep costs down allround and hit BK all week it is a no brainer if you want to keep costs down.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
The OP is doing B&B so presumably budget trip therefore why not keep costs down allround and hit BK all week it is a no brainer if you want to keep costs down.

Not sure I see the logic there myself. We always go B&B to Ischgl because that's all we're looking for. There are so many options for eating out in Ischgl* that, from our point of view either being tied to a single hotel restaurant or paying for a mean you don't eat is nuts.

* With the exception of Restaurant Stuva in the Yscla Hotel. Quite how they faked 60 5* reviews on Trip Advisor I'll never know but when we ate there you could feel the sugar crystals on the the second dessert souffle. We can't comment on the first one because the maitre d' refused to serve it to us and sent it back to the kitchen!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mjit,

I guess if you look at it as a Winter Sport or a Winter Holiday.

I treat it as any other Sport so do it as cheap possible.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the advice. Just to clear up a few things, we are going B&B because, in the past, we have gone for the HB option but find the fixed dining hours a bit restrictive. There are a couple of good apres-ski bars in Ischgl and we found, last year, that we had to pack up before we were ready. Just felt that optional dining arrangements would be more fun!

We will probably opt for one of the big hotels (like the Trofana, or similar). I know it will be expensive but hey, it's Christmas!

Thanks again. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@faceplanter, just smash the Khustal (sp) and Trofana then get takeaway pizza from by the Burger King.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is no shortage of places to eat in Ischgl. Loba and Germania are two which are reasonably priced which I can recommend. Kitzloch has also great food. There are also the higher end places, Trofana, Salnerhof etc etc. If you want quieter hop in a taxi to Mathon 5 mins.
latest report
We used drive 24kms down the valley everynight with the locals to the gastätte by the gas station in Pians
snow conditions
if you do a search on here there are loads of discussion threads on Ischgl with lots of restaurant recommendations.
ski holidays
Badbobby wrote:
@faceplanter, just smash the Khustal (sp) and Trofana then get takeaway pizza from by the Burger King.

Or on a budget the kebap place around the corner (with outdoor can vending machine).
snow report
VIP club is good for lunch.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy