Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2017-2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Kooky, perfect for my arrival on 23rd snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's pretty perfect now....arrived yesterday and pistes great. Today was one of the best early season days for a while....started snowing properly at 2pm.....minus 8 on planai and hardly anyone around so easy to find fresh tracks even on main pistes... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just out of curiosity - how is "Amadé" pronounced? Is it "Amaday" (like a French acute accent) or does it rhyme with schade (German)?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes pam I believe it is pronounced as you said amaday....and still snowing Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Amadé is pronounced "Schee Ahmahday".
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just arrived in Filzmoos a few hours ago and everything is very very white and getting whiter by the minute! This has got the makings of a great season and I am exceedingly excited. Look forward to catching up with the Ski Amade snowheads on the slopes with perhaps the odd little bit of Apres now and again. Oh, and a quick plug for my blog that has now been brought back to life for the forthcoming season - https://silverskier.wordpress.com.

Happy skiing everybody!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bobbev999, I've been out this last week staying in Radstadt, and yes the conditions are excellent (today is my last day skiing though as I fly home tomorrow). I really enjoyed reading your blog last year, and I'm so sorry to hear that your faithful schneehund Rusty is no longer with you. Sad I'm sure he will be greatly missed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bobbev999, Looking forward to seeing you soon. Out on the 6th with John and two other friends.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bobbev999, welcome back, hope to catch up with you soon!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@peter w, look forward to seeing you folks and maybe joining you for a day's skiing.

@queen bodecia, be great if you could ski with us sometime over the next week before Heather goes back to the UK - let mw know if you fancy it.

Had a scoot round Zauchensee today and discovered that a new lift has been built in Flachauwinkel, the Lumberjack Shuttle no less!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bobbev999, meeting holidayloverxx at Flachauwinkl tomorrow if you are up for it?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queen bodecia, Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@queen bodecia, many apologies but I didn't spot your post until this morning so missed out. Hope you both had a good day. We ended up pottering around Filzmoos for the morning but the mini-melt meant that the snow was very soft - hope it gets a bit colder soon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobbev999, glad you had a good day. It was very warm, softened up in Flachauwinkl this afternoon too, but it was a great lovely sunny day. Hope to catch up with you soon.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pam w, it's in reference to Mozart (like everything else in Land Salzburg wink ) So I guess they use it to make it sound like a shortened Amadeus.
ski holidays
Big group of friends in Schladming. Having a fantastic week, snow superb, spoilt only by 1 x shoulder dislocation. Dr said his was the 9th of the day Skullie
snow report
Have a great time @Frosty the Snowman, Cool
latest report
@Timberwolf, sadly I'm not with them
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, you are coming out in the Flachau direction sometime soon aren't you?
ski holidays
@flangesax, 10th March, 18 of us!!!!!
ski holidays
So I skied at Rierteralm this morning and the snow was so soft that it was more like an afternoon in March than a morning in January - bloody climate change! Anyway, I planned an early coffee stop at the Panorama Alm but when I arrived at the bottom of the Sepp'n Jet there was no Alm Sad

It could be that I am losing my mind and that said Alm is located somewhere entirely different but I'm pretty sure that's where it used to be. Can any of the Ski Amade locals put me out of my confusion?
snow report
Hey there! Himself is finally gonna bite the bullet & buy a pair of boots. Could anyone recommend a decent bootfitter in Schladming?? Thanks!!
ski holidays
@bobbev999, eh? The Panorama is my favourite one over there, it was definitely at the bottom of the Seppn Jet. Oh no Shocked
snow conditions
@Kooky, glad to hear that I'm not going mad as it is definitely not there now Shocked
snow report
was that the one run by the old folks? I was at a lift where I thought there had been a hut before
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, yes it was. Every time I went in there I thought that the old boy looked more and more ill so perhaps they have finally retired.
ski holidays
He wasnt well was he, and for a long time too. Its a shame but I remember her telling me that their kids didnt want to take the hut over. I know they live down in Altenmarkt by the Arch Noah, I will see what I can find out. Its a shame as that really was one of the really original huts serving proper home made hausmanskost. Its all very well having the swish Lisa Alms with their "fusion" food, but its still best to find a real traditional Austrian hut serving good old fashioned mountain food.
Madeye-Smiley That reminds me, a trip to Trinkeralm soon
ski holidays
What a shame, I have fond memories of the Panorama All. Sue loved it too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wot? No ski-prawns?
snow conditions
@bobbev999, I'm going to be in Filzmoos tomorrow, Mabel is racing there, are you around?
ski holidays
Where will I go for my Munchen weißwurst and pretzl now? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
It truly was a great hut.

On the plus side my antibiotics are kicking in against the severe post flu chest infection so I may actually be able to ski in a few days.
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, Only just seen this but yes I will be in Filzmoos as my visitors are having their first group lesson.
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, sorry I missed you in Filzmoos on Sunday. I did have a good look for you when I was skiing but as I didn't really know what colour ski gear to look for I was at a bit of a disadvantage! Maybe PM me next time so I don't miss the post as we seem to be fated to keep missing each other.

@Scarpa, sorry to hear that you have been ill but let me know when you get back on skis and you can ease your way back by following me around for a couple of hours Very Happy
ski holidays
@bobbev999, sorry I missed your message. I was on the Papageno side with all the racing kids, but to be honest it was all done and dusted by 12:30.

I work Mondays to Thursdays so my next skiing day is hopefully Friday meeting flangesax, holidayloverxx, and anyone else who's up for it.
snow report
Zauch on Friday
ski holidays
Possibly the wettest ski day I've encountered today Sad
snow report
@flangesax, yep..ski gear washed. .gloves in tbe Tumble dryer and i was nothing like wet compared to you
snow report
@queen bodecia, yeah I found that there were two races going on, the one you were at and another one on the way down to the two-man Mooslehenbahn (spelling???) chair. Zauch sounds good so do let me know if the plan comes off.
snow report
It was actually really warm and sunny in Salzburg. I'm not helping am I?

The race looks a bit soggy right now.

@bobbev999, @holidayloverxx, @flangesax, yes to Friday plans!
latest report
I might be about, I am starting to be able to exercise a little, my lungs even work some of the time Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy