Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2017-2018

Poster: A snowHead
@nobrainbcn, I'm no expert on the ski buses in this area as I use my car but Altenmarkt/Radstadt might be OK. You have the small ski area there and can bus to Zauchensee which also opens up Flachauwinkl. Pretty sure you can also get a bus to Flachau which means you can ski Wagrain as well. Not sure about getting to Schladming from there by bus but there is a train service.

Another option might be to look at Bad Gastein as you could also reach Bad Hofgastein and Dorfgastein/Grosarl from there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks a lot Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Must be 30-40cm of new snow in the valley this morning, so more on the slopes I'm sure.

@nobrainbcn, Flachau/Wagrain/St Jo/Alpendorf is all lift-linked, plus Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl and Radstadt/Altenmarkt very easy by bus from central locations like Radstadt, Altenmarkt, Eben or Flachau. The Schladming valley is also all lift-linked and accessible by bus from Radstadt.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nobrainbcn, I believe there is a bus from radstadt to reiteralm which opens up the whole schladming area. Depending where you stay in altenmarkt or radstadt you you might only need 1 bus to Flachau or you might have to shuttle into town to pick up the main bus which goes through flachau to Flachauwinkl. I am sure flangesax will put me right if there are better options

If you stay in Flachau then you have Flachau wagrain alpendorf and st johnann directly from the village. The bus takes you to Flachauwinkl and zauchensee.. 10 minutes away and every 10 minutes. We take the car to altenmarkt and radstadt as the slopes are 2 bus rides. We also take the car to schladming
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for your help!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@holidayloverxx, nothing to correct there!!
If you have no car and you are happy to bus about then IMO (with not too much bias) Radstadt is a good place (especially near the post office or town square).
The more local service can take you from parts within Radstadt to pick up other 'out of town services'.

So direct busses are available to Flachua, Flachau Winkl, Zauchensee, Fageralm, Reiteralm, Radstadt, Obertauern.
With a change of bus you can also get as far as Hauser Kaibling from Reiteralm.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Link to buses....that I have just been looking at https://www.flachau.com/en/sport/skiing-snowboarding/ski-bus.html
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Drive clearing this morning.

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm on the hill today (kleinarl). There's about 8 inches. Visibility is horrid, there's some wind but not too bad. Top lifts at zauchensee shut.

Defo hard work for the first morning skiing of the year! Piles of soft snow and flat light it's not the easiest combination...turns out I am not as good a skier as I remembered!

There are loads of buses between everywhere, you'll be fine.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cleared 8 inches of snow from the car in Flachau this morning - went touring at Fageralm and it snowed almost all day, and had to clear the car again to come back. Minus 3 at valley level at 4pm as well.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, friendly Amadeans, aside from that Tischlerei place (looks good but spendy, especially with the kids in tow) what other places are you recommending in Schladming?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sugardaddy, Marias Mexican is awesome! Or The Wintergarden
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks @Kooky,
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did a snowshoe walk this afternoon and soon discovered that the snow in these parts is pretty damn deep!

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

JanetS had a problem with snowdepth at Zauchensee as well - and her fat skis were hidden under there somewhere!
ski holidays
@Kooky, no ski-prawns
snow report
Mental conditions this morning. Over a foot of fresh snow on higher pistes. Carnage everywhere. First time I have felt the need for fat skis on a red run...

How I hate these low altitude Austrian resorts with their deep powder, trees for visibility and protection from wind... #getmetotignes
latest report
Yes, the Planai certainly delivered today.
snow report
Snow at Zauchensee was even deeper than yesterday - over the knee on the black runs let alone off piste, which now seems bottomless - our fat skis no longer seem fat enough!
latest report
@pendodave
spot on....i was in schladming the week before chritmas and awesome...lotsa of powder....no lift closure and with the trees visability decent...was there last week with little fresh but had a great time with mate who was boarding. Arrived in maria alm yesterday and great conditions for a few hours in the afternoon. Early start today and one of those epic days...powder on piste initially and snowing lots so refreshed each run....The off piste was easily thigh high and not far from piste....yes top lift closed but did not matter skiing endless powder in trees as pretty quite. Looks like more snow sat night and sunday....gota love the ski amade season pass
snow report
Quote:

gota love the ski amade season pass

Oh yes Very Happy
latest report
*sobs quietly*
ski holidays
I have actually reached my pain threshold.
I no longer look at FB on sneaky loo trips at work, the girls actually got quite concerned when I emerged red eyed from the cubicles Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

gota love the ski amade season pass

The Salzburger Superski is even better!
ski holidays
@RobinS, Skullie Madeye-Smiley indeed!

Just a quick shout out to any Amaderers......there is a big posse of us heading out to Schladming on Sunday, message us here if you want to join up for some runs/beers/laughing at flangsax on his 47m radius off piste bonbers!
latest report
Where will you be? JanetS, I and MikeG are here in Flachau with transport.
snow conditions

Skiing Zauch today with Waynos.
snow conditions
Awesome day at Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl. It had clearly been pisted last night but there was a good 20cm of untouched snow on top. The first few runs this morning were fabulous.

More snow due from tonight until Tuesday.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 20-01-18 20:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RobinS, We are tree skiing with Wayne on Planai / Haus tomorrow. Off piste looks great.
latest report
@Scarpa, bl=0dy hell, that looks crap, I am SO glad I was stuck in the shop measuring sweaty Germans feet for skiboots.
snow conditions
Looking for some advice please.
We are staying in Schladming 7th April and realise the season finishes that weekend. We are a family of 6 - 2 adults (I won't ski!), 4 kids (19, 16, 11, 9) - 16yr old has skied before. We are probably going to hire a car from the airport as multiples of 6 for public transport quickly add up. We are looking at travelling to one of the resorts in the area which is still open that week. Which would you recommend? Am I right in deciding to hire a car - I have seen the special offer of a train ticket for 5 for the day which would get us to and from Schladming but I am not sure about ease/ cost of getting to other ski areas.
ski holidays
Looking for some advice please.
We are staying in Schladming 7th April and realise the season finishes that weekend. We are a family of 6 - 2 adults (I won't ski!), 4 kids (19, 16, 11, 9) - 16yr old has skied before. We are probably going to hire a car from the airport as multiples of 6 for public transport quickly add up. We are looking at travelling to one of the resorts in the area which is still open that week. Which would you recommend? Am I right in deciding to hire a car - I have seen the special offer of a train ticket for 5 for the day which would get us to and from Schladming but I am not sure about ease/ cost of getting to other ski areas.
latest report
@Robtom01, def get the hire car option.
Almost everything will be open, asides from the 4 mountains of Schladming you can also go to Obertauern, Zauchensee, Flachau, they will all be great even in the first week of April, trust me on this wink
ski holidays
Epic powder session today up in Haus with Waynos thanks again for that last run down, my personal run of the season today! I am still grinning.

Thanks also to Janet and Robin for digging me out, it was great to see you guys again!
The snow was just Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Anyone out here this week will be having a ball Very Happy
ski holidays
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Obertauern for some friends if mine. How is it at the end of March?
snow report
@Kooky
absolutely out here again and crazy snowfall and conditions....back home thursday then in schladming 10 days later...long may it last Very Happy Smile
snow report
@seany1, a big crowd of us heading over to Haus for some deep off piste powfun again tomorrow if you want to join up?
snow report
@holidayloverxx, any of the Lürzer hotely are incredible, bit pricey but worth it if they want to spoil themselves. End of March up there is usually great but the Apres tends to die off a bit.
snow conditions
Not so much apres and more a budget trip i think
snow conditions
Another fantastic morning at Zauchensee in the off-piste today - after lunch the top gondola shut after a wild ride up and the weather closed in and got much milder - heavier snow on the ski-route down towards Flachauwinkel. Now had six consecutive days of making tracks in fresh powder!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy