Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2017-2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Scarpa, cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sound like there might be a posse in Zauchensee Friday Very Happy

I am happy to do pickups in my car if required.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heading to Bad Hofgastein in 3 weeks.Any tips on the skiing and any bars for a bit of Apres.We went to Flachau last year and had a blast.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bobbev999, we will get the bus from Flachau and go up the Highport side
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobbev999, I shall watch you all from the webcams at work, go and raise a glass of beer to me on the Gamskogel webcams at 11 am, I will be watching
and weeping silently
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got this text from my brother, and I don't know the area at all so seeking the infinite wisdom of Snowheads!

Quote:
Just booked flights to Salzburg on 9th April and return on 13th April so 3 days skiing. Was planning on going to schladming because we know it. Suddenly panicking now that the season might be ended but can’t clarify that. Any help appreciated. Also if not there where may you suggest instead that’s not too far too transfer? Thanks and also great for beginners as 2 under 12 kids will be having lessons. Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zauchensee is officially open til 15.4.2018 if there is enough snow it sometimes stays open a week later with a half service. O bertauern is always open til May 1st, don't panic!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bobbev999, I have since found out the Panorama was owned by the Seppn jet owner who decided to demolish it when Johanna and her hubby took retirement.There are no plans as yet to rebuild. Such a shame another truly authentic hut has gone.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Planai closes April 8th.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kooky, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kooky wrote:
Zauchensee is officially open til 15.4.2018 if there is enough snow it sometimes stays open a week later with a half service. O bertauern is always open til May 1st, don't panic!

Brother says thanks and what do people think of choosing between Reiteralm or Zauchensee?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 11-01-18 15:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Kooky, thanks for the info and it is a shame that the old place is no more.

@holidayloverxx, Is the Zauchensee outing still on for tomorrow and if so is it OK if I join in?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm going too so will be glad to meet up Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobbev999, yes...see you there
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bobbev999, yes...see you there
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, Great - do you have a time in mind? And just to check, Highport is the area just off the autobahn, right?

@Scarpa, Do you want me to pick you up on the way?
ski holidays
@kitenski, I'd choose Zauchensee any day but then I am a little biased. I have had some of the best powder skiing ever up there end March early April. Last year was incredible.
snow report
bobbev999 wrote:
@holidayloverxx, Great - do you have a time in mind? And just to check, Highport is the area just off the autobahn, right?

@Scarpa, Do you want me to pick you up on the way?

We are aiming for 9.30 but need to ski down to the arena. Yes highport us just off the autobahn..Flachauwinkl exit
ski holidays
@bobbev999, Hi there. That would be great thanks, but no worries if you can't.
snow conditions
@bobbev999, Hi there. That would be great thanks, but no worries if you can't.
ski holidays
^^^so good he had to say it twice eh!
I hate you all........but seriously have an awesome day!
snow report
@Scarpa, what time suits?
latest report
Bloody phone posting.
latest report
Kooky wrote:
@kitenski, I'd choose Zauchensee any day but then I am a little biased. I have had some of the best powder skiing ever up there end March early April. Last year was incredible.

Thanks will pass the message on, could you recommend anywhere they could stay? Self catering, 2 adults, one student, two kids Smile
ski holidays
@Chick, went to the spa town of bad hofgastein on a 4 day short break last week . 3 things. 1. the lift pass ski map does not do the area justice we had a ball on long intermediate well groomed runs much more skiing and variation than it looked we skied dorfgastein grossal and the connected areas of bad gastein and hofgastein. 2. there is limited apres ski its not that kind of place although there is the silver bullet in bad gastein and a couple of umbrella bars at the bottom of the main lifts in bad hofgastein or dorf gastein, seems everybody scuttles back to their hotels at 4.30pm, there are only a couple of quiet non hotel bars up in the town area. 3. the ski bus/post bus timetable should be studied in the time before you go otherwise you could waste much time waiting or spend a small fortune on taxis, the town itself is a very pleasant and friendly place though not what I would call vibrant as it seems much emphasis is put on the thermal spas in the area. we enjoyed our trip , it was different to the usual ski austria experience
snow report
Thanks ski for fun for the info.Not looking for mad apres just somehere with a bit of life for a couple of hours after hard days skiing.We are heading out on 1st week of Feb so might be a bit more lively.
Looking forward to the long runs in the area.
latest report
Panaramalm Is no more???? Is that right? Oh no I loved it there. Not so much the toilets they were stinky but lived the food and the old couple who worked there.
Never did get to see him play any music.
Oh well need to find another hutte.
snow report
@speachmaus, his music was awesome! I will really miss that hut too, you could really tell almost everything in it was proper home made especially the zirben schnapps we always seemed to get plied with! Tell you what though, if you loved that place you wil llike our new local,the Moosalm, its a short 30 min ski tour from our house and only seats about 40 people. Its as oringinal as they come and impossible to leave after just one beer. Took my dad in there and a friend of Scarpas and they both said it was the best hut they have been to, not for decor but for sheer ambience and home made food.
The ski down to the house is a bit perilous though Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kooky, sounds fab
snow conditions
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of finally coming to Ski Amadé from next Saturday (20 Jan), just a couple of questions:

- where would you advise me to stay, considering I won't have a car and I'd like to explore as much of the area as I can? is there a place from which a lot of slopes are connected by skis, or is it mostly done via skibus?

- any advice on accommodation? I'll be travelling alone, looking for a not-too-expensive-but-not-too-tiny-either room - if it has a micro-kitchen, great, otherwise I'll make do with salads at night Wink

Thanks for your tips in advance Smile
latest report
My first time to the area I stayed in Schladming. You can ski connected areas there like Reiteralm and Haus or get ski bus to farther afield.
I stayed solo but it was a guest house so no kitchen but Schladming has a lot of decent eateries and take aways.
I booked thriugh the local tourist office and got it for a really good price.
I hope this helps.
snow report
it does help, thanks a lot! Let's see if other people have some advice Smile
latest report
@nobrainbcn, i´d actually pick something in Saalbach/Leogang the skiing there is amazing and varied enough for a short trip not needing a car. Maybe see if TatmansTours on here has a vacancy but I am guessing leaving it this late he will be fully booked.

Look on airbnb too, there are still a lot of places free for very little money.
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, @Scarpa, @Kooky, nice night in Filzmoos so thanks for your company. You were asking about my blog so you can find that at http://silverskier.wordpress.com
ski holidays
@bobbev999, great skiing with you; nice to see the apres photo on the blog!
ski holidays
@bobbev999, cheers fella! Goodness my feet are still thawing out here Shocked
latest report
Quote:

@nobrainbcn, i´d actually pick something in Saalbach/Leogang the skiing there is amazing and varied enough for a short trip not needing a car. Maybe see if TatmansTours on here has a vacancy but I am guessing leaving it this late he will be fully booked.

@nobrainbcn, Drop me a PM - may be able to offer you something.
snow conditions
Quote:

may be able to offer you something.

@nobrainbcn, if he tries to offer you a Bauern Tequila, for heavens sake say NO! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
nobrainbcn wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of finally coming to Ski Amadé from next Saturday (20 Jan), just a couple of questions:

- where would you advise me to stay, considering I won't have a car and I'd like to explore as much of the area as I can? is there a place from which a lot of slopes are connected by skis, or is it mostly done via skibus?

- any advice on accommodation? I'll be travelling alone, looking for a not-too-expensive-but-not-too-tiny-either room - if it has a micro-kitchen, great, otherwise I'll make do with salads at night Wink

Thanks for your tips in advance Smile

I stayed in St Johann in Pongau last year. I wrote it up, so if you search for my name and the resort you'll probably find it.

It's easy to get to on public transport, and it provides good access to the amade area from alpendorf across to Flachau and Kleinarl. That was more than enough for the 3 days I was there.

This year I am just about to head off to Wagrain, for another 3 dayer as I want to get to Zauchensee, which is a bit of a stretch from SJiP.

Both times staying at reasonable prices little pensions (<50eu a night including breakfast).

I did (am doing) it all using trains for transfers from airports, and then ski bus where necessary in resort.
latest report
While I'm on the subject of my upcoming trip, I notice that the weather is looking a bit snowy for the days I'm there later this week.

Which are the best parts of the area reachable from Wagrain for snowy/windy/cloudy conditions?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy